sadaf18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Meera

Meera hspace2Mahesh Bhatt's films always manage to make news in Bollywood. But this time around Bhatt camp's latest offering NAZAR has been all the more in news because it stars Pakistani actress Meera. And like anything that's associated with Pakistan makes news in India, this time it created enough ripples in Pakistan as well. After rendering a kissing scene in the film she started getting threatening calls from her home country. However, her grit and determination made her finish the film. Meera is excited about her entry in Bollywood and she spoke to us about her experiences.

How did you get this role?
Mahesh Bhatt had come to Pakistan for a festival and I saw that he had so much love for Pakistan. Then when we met he offered me the role and I instantly agreed, as I always wanted to do a role in an Indian film.

How was it working with debutant director Soni Razdan?
Oh! She is a wonderful person and talented at the same time. She was very nice to me. She made me understand each scene so carefully, that shooting in India for the first time became absolutely easy.

What is your role in Nazar?
I play the role of a successful dancer and choreographer Divya, who one day encounters a dead body on the road which miraculously comes to life and says "help me'. Everything changes in her life and she starts getting visions after that. And what happens then, for that you shall have to see the film.

What kind of difference do you see between the Pakistan film industry and Bollywood?
There is a lot of difference. Our country is a conservative Muslim country whereas Indian film industry is quite progressive. Even technically it is much more advanced.

Meera hspace4Why do you think there was a problem with you doing a film in India?
There are some people who don't want Pakistan and Indian collaboration to happen, due to their vested interests. So they can create all these controversies. If they are talking about my kissing scene there isn't anything wrong in it if I am doing it in India.

Do you look forward to more opportunities in Bollywood?
Yes why not? I have got so much love in India. Mahesh Bhatt is like my father. Soni has also been so good to me.

Which are the heroes you want to work with in India.
All of them are great. I would love to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan.

Any funny incidents while shooting here?
Yes. Actually I can't speak in English fluently and Soni couldn't speak Urdu. On the sets we both would try to converse with each other in each other's language and end

I Think she should try and improve her Englsih rather than practicing kissing indian guys... what do u guys think????????

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TiN24 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TOTALLY AGREE! But then again...if she had any "good" education to begin with, she shouldn't have become a disgraceful sorry excuse for a pakistani woman actress in the first place............then comes speaking english.
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sadaf18

Which are the heroes you want to work with in India.
All of them are great. I would love to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan.

SRK will never do a movie with her...so meera keep on dreaming 'coz ur dream of working with him will always b a dream

I Think she should try and improve her Englsih rather than practicing kissing indian guys... what do u guys think????????

hahahaha...no she wouldnt do that 'coz its hard to learn english for someone who never saw how school looks like..on the other hand kissing doesnt need any hard work

Edited by kewlsarah - 19 years ago
Mashal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i see Nazar so much bongi film 😆
naughtynad thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I didn't like Meera anyway but after what she did i hate her even more!
😡
ahtika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

meera an srk 😆...meera is thinking 2 far 4 her future.....dear meera dun act lik "sheikh chilli"...😆😆

starcity thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

😆😆😆

Word Count: 0

anam2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
loooooooolz..😆 Sadaf!! very well said! I think so too!
*Sweet.Sabz* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

this girl!! i heard a funny incident about her

i have a friend who is in pakistani media n she was suppose 2 do an interview wid her...soooo she rang her 2 fix a date when she can meet her.....

so mate rang her ...n meera said "kaun SPEAKrah hai"

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: |{ _ GiL

this girl!! i heard a funny incident about her

i have a friend who is in pakistani media n she was suppose 2 do an interview wid her...soooo she rang her 2 fix a date when she can meet her.....

so mate rang her ...n meera said "kaun SPEAKrah hai"

😆😆😆...oh my god did she really said that 😆😆😆