Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: A.Kh_20

nOTHING special u say where have u been??
I have been missing u for so long now!!!

😳😳😳
I always see your messages when I am about to log off😕😕
Next week, I will find u and chat for long...Tomorrow is Raksha Bandhan and we are having a puja...So we busy preparing for that...
I am so exhausted😕
Love and miss u always🤗
I'm gonna pray that my Apu gets a job...😳
A.Kh_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NAVI55

😳😳😳
I always see your messages when I am about to log off😕😕
Next week, I will find u and chat for long...Tomorrow is Raksha Bandhan and we are having a puja...So we busy preparing for that...
I am so exhausted😕
Love and miss u always🤗
I'm gonna pray that my Apu gets a job...😳

Thankyou love.. and msg me on twitter so I can easily come to know that ur online.
🤗
--starstruck-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ive started typing it but since my exams are nearing I just dont get the time to complete it. sorry!
Arpita_Mirage thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --starstruck--

Ive started typing it but since my exams are nearing I just dont get the time to complete it. sorry!

Will wait for sure
...👍🏼
sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --starstruck--

its ok..:)
All the best for ur exams..:)
jas91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is also a long awaited story😆 plz continue after exams😳
irock321 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG I just came back to this FF and I'm like OMG why did you stop????? Keep going woman!!!! It's sooo good and intense. Damn I missed this forum lol...but good luck on your exams. I hope you do extremely well! 😊
Edited by irock321 - 9 years ago
NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
😕😔😭🤪
☺️☺️
--starstruck-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

http://i.imgur.com/zEYH8Lj.jpg" />

Part 19 - My Abbu Was My Superhero!

"You'll keep holding right?" little Asad asked.

"Of course mera baccha. I'll never let go. Ever!" His abbu, his friend, his guide, promised him. Asad smiled at him and looked ahead, he positioned his hands on the handle of the cycle, and one foot on the pedal while the other was on the ground, just how his abbu taught him. He was not scared because his abbu was there right behind, holding the cycle. He will still be there every time he faltered, he will keep him from falling and if he did fall he will be right by his side to help him stand back up again. He looked at his abbu one last time, who gave him an encouraging smile and looked ahead.

Taking a deep breath he pushed his foot on the ground and then immediately placed it on the pedal and started moving. He felt the pressure of his abbu's hand at the back of the cycle and he continued pedalling forward, increasing the speed as his confidence and trust on his abbu increased further. As the cycle picked up speed and whizzed past the people and other kids who were learning to cycle just like him, he felt joy. He laughed freely and turned around to look at his abbu but he wasn't there. He saw him standing a few feet back, smiling widely at him and that is when he realized that he was cycling on his own. Since he was not looking where he was going, he stumbled upon a rock and fell off the cycle.

His abbu ran to help him stand back up on his feet but he didn't need his help. Taking support of a tree beside him he stood up before his abbu could reach him. Yes, he had managed to cycle quite far on his own but that happiness was clouded by the fact that his abbu did not fulfil his promise. He had given his abbu his trust only to be met with disappointment. His abbu may have done it for his own good but he had broken a promise, and that broke something inside the little kid.

oOo

He looked at Zoya who watched him with several questions in her mind. She kept looking at him expectantly and then placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, as if trying to give him the same strength that Asad gave her when she talked about her dreaded past. She waited patiently for him to break the silence and the secrecy behind Rashid's absence.

Asad wasn't sure he had it in him to speak about his past, his abbu, the reason behind why Rashid was no longer living with him, but one look at Zoya made him feel guilty for even taking such a lot of time to reveal about his past. Zoya had spoken all about that part of her life that she would rather forget, that she would rather suffer from selective amnesia just so she can forget her horrible childhood, and yet here he was hesitating to talk about his own traumatic experiences when he had been so impatient to know about hers.

Relationships worked when both the partners were forthcoming. How was he to save their relationship from ending even before it could start when he didn't share his history? He took a deep breath and turned to look back at her; he took her hand and pulled her closer as if trying to draw strength from her.

"It was long back Zoya, a few months after you left for New York. If you remember Najma was only a month old when you left. Apparently ammi had some complications in her pregnancy and she had lost a lot of blood during the delivery due to which she couldn't conceive again. It wasn't such a bad thing for ammi and ab-abbu because they didn't plan for anymore kids and it was enough for them to know that ammi and Najma were safe despite of the amount of blood that she had lost. After 2 months ammi complained of severe pain, abbu got worried and took her to the doctor. Later they found out that due to the negligence and carelessness of the doctors or the hospital staff she hadn't been treated well after her delivery because of which her uterus contracted a severe infection and her uterus had to be removed to prevent the infection from spreading further into her body. The operation wasn't a complicated one but the post-op care was. She was very weak and the doctors forbade her from any kind of work that will be taxing on her body. Abbu appointed a nurse who apart from looking after ammi would also take care of Najma. It was all fine but..." Asad was on the verge of breaking down. Zoya placed his head on her lap and lovingly caressed his head, running her fingers in his hair in a soothing way.

oOo

Asad threw the ball at Najma as Ayaan helped her to catch. Being the baby that she was she squealed in delight as she caught the ball with the help of her Ayaan bhaijaan. She kicked the ball at Asad and laughed gloriously as she saw the ball rolling on the ground, however in her excitement she kicked it a little too hard and the ball rolled away from her elder bhaijaan and stopped near the door of the guest room.

"Uh-oh, I'll go get it right away princess." Asad promised and went towards the room while Ayaan tried to distract Najma with other toys so that she doesn't start crying.

Asad bent down to pick up the ball and was about to turn to give it to Najma but stopped when he heard some strange noises inside. He was a good child and he knew he shouldn't be spying on others as the room belonged to the nurse who has been staying with them since his ammi came back from the hospital; but when he heard his father's voice, curiosity got the better of him and opened the door slightly, just enough for him to peek inside. At first he didn't understand what was happening but slowly everything started getting clear and he couldn't believe his eyes. He saw his abbu, the person who was his friend, his guide, his superhero in bed with the new nurse.

He covered his mouth with his hand to avoid making any noise and with a control he didn't know he possessed, he soundlessly shut the door and walked back towards his siblings. Najma being the little kid had already switched her attention from the missing ball to some other shiny toy and Ayaan was amusing her with his tricks. Asad was too disturbed to notice anything, he silently walked towards his room but before entering turned to look at the closed door of the guest room one last time.

At night as he lay on his bed, he cried and prayed. He prayed for everything to be a nightmare and prayed to wake up just to find everything back to normal. He wanted to wake up and see Zainab aunty alive. He wanted to wake up and see Zoya running inside the house and making a mess of things. He wanted to wake up and see his ammi hale and hearty standing in the kitchen making his favourite butter chicken. He wanted to wake up and not see the look of distaste in the nurse's eyes towards him and his siblings. He wanted to wake up to see his abbu who was his superhero, not the man downstairs in bed with the nurse. No he didn't want to see his superhero suddenly turn into the man he will despise.

Several questions swarmed in his mind. Why did his abbu do that to him, to his ammi? Theirs had been a love marriage and he had seen their love growing every year, then what happened to that love? Was their love so weak? No his ammi's love was not weak, it was nothing but pure, she had given that man every little piece of her.

It was his abbu; he was the weak one; it was his love which was shallow, so shallow that the first woman who may have made any advances towards him crumpled his self restraint making him trample upon all the love that was there. Maybe it wasn't even the woman, it was that man himself who made the advances.

The little boy never felt so lonely in his life. He felt everything slip through his fingers, he didn't have any control over the things that were happening. His Zoya was gone and now it looked like his abbu was gone too. He felt helpless, what was he to do now? His ammi wasn't well and the truth would break her completely, but then living with a man who broke her trust will break her more. He wouldn't bear to see his ammi living a lie, thinking that her marriage was the most beautiful thing in her life.

With that thought he made up his mind to expose his abbu's truth to her as soon as she was healthy enough to take the stress of such news. Yes, his ammi would be hurt beyond repair but he will fix her, he will support her, he will be her strength and he will protect her against his abbu; the abbu that was supposed to be his superhero.

oOo

Zoya cried for Asad, for the little child who had witnessed something that no child should ever see. He heart went out for the kid, how traumatic it must've been for that child to see his own father cheat on his mother. She knew how important Rashid was to him, he always looked up to him, he always wanted to be like his abbu, his abbu was his superhero; she couldn't possible imagine how that must have affected him. At least in her case she knew his father was not a nice man, no matter how much her mother and sister tried to protect her sometimes people just know by instinct. Even as a child she could never bring herself to like her abbu, there was always this aura of negativity that surrounded him and she could only sense danger from him. She could never imagine Rashid to hurt Dilshad in such a way. When her own parent's marriage turned to shambles she always looked up to her Phupi and uncle's marriage.

She bent down and placed a soft kiss on Asad's forehead.

"Once I was certain ammi was fine I told her. I told her everything. I thought she wouldn't believe him but she did. She broke down in front of me and I couldn't manage her Zoya. She was so heartbroken that it made me question my decision of telling her everything. Was I wrong, Zoya?" He asked so softly, so innocently that she let out a sob. Asad sat up and pulled Zoya against his chest while she cried.

"No Asad, you were not wrong in telling her the truth. She had to know." She sobbed.

"I was surprised she would even believe me. She loved him so much, maybe she still does." He sounded so dejected that it hurt Zoya, she could physically feel the hurt radiate through her.

"Why wouldn't she believe you? You had no reason to lie. Why would you lie about your abbu, she knew you loved him so much Asad." She caressed his face, wiping away the sweat around his temples.

"I still regret it. I regret loving him. He wasn't worthy of it. Why did I have to love him so much? Why did I have to trust him so implicitly? Why couldn't I just hate him like Zeenat aapi and you hated your father?"

Any other day she should've been extremely upset, she would have snapped at him but not today. The pain that reflected in his eyes melted her heart.

"Because your abbu was still a better person. Yes he was a weak man, a very weak man who couldn't stop himself from giving in to his temptations but he respected Phupi, he loved her, at least at some point of time he loved her. Don't do this Asad, don't compare your abbu with mine. Both of them can't be forgiven for their deeds."

"Zoya what are you afraid of?" he looked at her. After having uncovered their pasts he wanted to forget everything and move forward. He was tired of living in the past. Ever since he realized he was in love with Zoya he wanted nothing more but to stop living in their pasts and plan a happy future.

"Wha-what are you saying? I don't understand." Zoya turned away from him. She knew exactly what he was saying but she didn't want to admit.

"What makes you so averse to marriage? It's me Zoya! Do you think I would ever do what our fathers did?"

Zoya remained mum. Asad took her silence as an agreement to his question and that broke his heart. Didn't she trust him enough? Yes she was scarred but so was he, yet he never once had this irrational thought in his mind that Zoya would ever cheat on him. He placed his hand on her shoulder and made her face him.

"You really think I would do that? I would never hurt you Zoya. Never!" He stated firmly but Zoya refused to even look up at him and cried. Her lack of response really irritated Asad. He left her shoulder and stood up. He ran an exasperated hand through his hair.

"You know what? You can sit here all night not saying a word, not sharing your thoughts with me, thinking about your past and just planning everyone's wedding except of your own. And when you are done with it, find me then. I'm not running because I don't believe in shutting my loved ones out but I don't think after the draining day that we've had I have any more strength left to sit here and watch you accuse me of something I know I will never do. When you think you have gained enough trust in me maybe we can talk then." He let out a frustrated sigh and walked towards the door in long, angry strides. He walked out of the house shutting the door with a loud bang.

The sound of the door reverberated in the empty hall making Zoya break down completely. She slid down on the cold floor and sobbed incessantly. Her head buried in her hand she couldn't stop the tears, why should she? She had feared being hurt by someone she loved but today she had hurt the man she loved. The only man she'll ever love!

Her lack of trust in him must have pained him but she couldn't seem to help herself. She looked at the door; he wasn't running he said but why shouldn't he? She would never give him anything but pain and hurt. Maybe it wasn't him but she who would turn like her abbu. If not physical pain, she was capable of giving emotional pain. She just proved it tonight. She laid down on the floor dejectedly. She was so tired she didn't know how she was going to fix anything; she didn't even know if she wanted to fix anything. She closed her eyes and let the sadness consume her.

xxx

A/N - Hey guys, my exams haven't even started yet and they will probably end by December so I didn't want to leave you guys hanging for so long. Here is the update regarding Asad's past, hope it lived up to your expectations. I tried my level best to bring out and write their emotions, I don't know if I was able to do justice to chapter so I will leave all that to you guys. Give me your reviews, I want to wake up to reading all those comments from you guys!

PS - I'm not a gynaecologist, I'm not a doctor, heck I'm not even a medical student so anything about Dilshad's illness was written with creative liberty in mind. Please don't hold me responsible for anything illogical that I might have written there!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I'll see you soon!

Love,
Sadie!

-ABI- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Edited by -ABI- - 9 years ago