SRJKiShraddha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Word Count: 0

Krishnapremika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessofkesar

sreejita its tough to do ckt which u can't relate a bit is grey than white u did tremendous job as actress n took each role as challenge kudos to u

agree she is fabulous flawless actress
Krishnapremika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessofkesar

Ash, daredevil of television

Sreejita De a.k.a daredevil Ash, who played a chef in STAR One's Annu Ki Hogayee Wah Bhai Wah, is not new to the camera. She's played tough characters before, and here she plays bindass Ash, who has enclosed herself in a hard shell. She doesn't care about anybody and thinks life is a race and loves to be in her own world.

We have seen Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in a rough and tough look in Dhoom 2, which was highly appreciated and now again on television we are now watching Sreejita De who has a tough role on the lines of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's character. This young and talented girl also shared screen space with KhiladiAkshay Kumar in Tashan. Sreejita, a student of mass media, was earlier seen in Ekta Kapoor'sKaram Apna Apna and Kasauti Zindagi Kay. She will be entering MJHT's new season as Ash.

We spoke to Sreejita De aka Ash about her role and more

This is your second show on STAR One, so how does it feel?

It feels great because for me it's like homecoming and I am happy that I am back with STAR One channel, one of my favourites.

Define the character of Ash to us? It looks quite similar to that of Aishwarya from Dhoom 2...

Ash is not scared of anybody. She understands life better but at the same time, she is not bothered about her life. She thinks life is a death race but behind her attitude, there is a story. But her attitude is extreme - Mar bhi jaon toh mujhe koi gham nahi hain.

Doesn't Ash have any dreams and aspirations?

For Ash there are no dreams because she wanted to be rid of life. She is living to die. Her aspirations are zero. She loves to be in her own world. Her dreams are dead. She is not a typical simple and studious college going girl, she is a drop-out and doesn't like to make friends. She is waiting for death.

You return on STAR One with Ash who is adventurous and tom boyish, and your previous role Anu needed you to be disguised as a guy. How has the transition been?

This one has a different role and attitude compared to Annu's character. I love this tom-boyish role of mine. When I was doing Annu I had to act as a boy which again was a good experience and so I am enjoying this transition.

What is the USP of the new season of Miley Jab Hum Tum? How does it feel to be a part of it?

It's a college based show with different looks, men and attitude. Here the show has been given a filmy touch. The show is about these four new students who have their own story. We are the modern reflection of an old characters.

Ash is a brat but how is Sreejita De in real life?

I would like to say that Ash is not a brat but it's the circumstances that have made her tough while Sreejita is very sweet and humble. I love talking but Ash is recluse. I owe life as I value my life but Ash doesn't care about her life and about others as well. She is very precise while I am not. There is a vast difference between Ash and Sreejita De.

How were you as a student? Were you stubborn or an obedient child?

As a student I was little bit obedient. I was very much into studies. I was a little stubborn for e.g. when I did my schooling my parents were forcing me to take up commerce as they thought it is good for the prospects in the future but I wanted to take science, so I took it up as I was confident enough to make good in this stream. I was never a drop out from the college.

What prompted you to take up this character and this show?

Untill now, whatever roles I have done are very goody type of roles but this character was quite different and as an actor, I thought it would enhance my acting skills. This show is youth based, where there won't be any kitchen drama. I remember when I had gone for the auditions, I had to take 5 to 6 retakes for the correction which does not happen with me, so I thought that this role is very different and challenging. For me, everyday is a challenge. I haven't done much (research) but I want to watch Dhoom 2 as I want check Aishwarya's attitude and Rani Mukerjee's Bicchu In the film.

Have you been following the show? Which character has been your favourite and why?

Frankly speaking, not on a regular basis but whenever I used to get time I used to watch the show.I think, I like Samrat's character very much because I can link this character with Ash. Like how Ash blames herself for her past, similarly he thinks that because of his carelessness he lost his friend, Nupur.

How is the experience working with new actors like Kruti, Meer Ali, Nikhil?

We haven't shot much as we have shot the promos and it was great working with Meer and Kruti who is a very sweet friend, then I have many scenes with Nikhil who plays Rohan, so it's nice working with him.

What kind of response are you expecting from the audiences because for two years they have seen Nupur, Gunjan, Mayank and Samrat?

The show has just started and I understand audiences will take time to accept the new generation but few people who had come on the sets loved our look but at the same time they asked us 'purane log chale gaye?' then we replied 'nahi nahi sare naye chale gaye.' I am very hopeful that the show will get a good response, both from loyal audiences to the new audiences.

You got an offer for another show which you refused. Why was that?

I refused it because of Miley Jab Hum Tum, and the role you are referring to was quite simple and I didn't want to do it. And just then I got this challenging role of daredevil Ash. There are two reasons why I took up the show. The first reason was that I always wanted to be a part of a youth-based show; secondly this role was very hatke and so I took up this show which would be very challenging for me.

MJHT airs on STAR One from Monday to Friday at 9 PM

sorry if posted before😊

old iv but she is so good , gives honest answers👏love to read her iv
SRJKiShraddha thumbnail

hi there😛
SRJKiShraddha thumbnail
another creations
Krishnapremika thumbnail