Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
^ You can definitely count me in the majority. I had and I still have issues with the plot, the story's outline as a whole. Just good words and some enjoyable parts can't save the day for Umera in AeH. I have to admit I don't even wait for AeH's installments every month because I'm so outta this story. I am just reading it because a) I don't leave books unfinished, b) I love Salar and c) I am curious about the ending. Umera Ahmed ruined the characters for me. I practically hated Imama in the beginning. Although yes, she's fine now and really, really good but still what she portayed Imama as in the first 5 installments was horrific. Umera Ahmed ruined one her best female characters ever no matter even if the error is covered now. Although I'm reaidng AeH but for me it is decided that Salar-Imama ended for me right at the last word of Peer e Kamil. They don't go forward, they just stay there.. with their original characteristics without any alterations made in AeH. I know I have read AeH and no memory serum exists for me to forget its story but I have still restricted them to PeK. I will let AeH pass by without it interrupting any of my feels about PeK. I don't deny that I absolutely LOVE some parts of AeH but well, overall my opinions about it are definitely a negative.

I honestly wouldn't even have started Aab e Hayat because I know sequels mostly turn out to be bad. But I had read PeK just one month before AeH began publishing, so I was just under the influence of the story and decided to go further with AeH. I wish I had a time turner to go back and alter my choices. I won't say I regret reading AeH because it really has given me some teary eyed moments with those very emotional Salar-Imama hugs and some funny moments about Humain/Jibreel. *sigh*
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
fairi_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

^ You can definitely count me in the majority. I had and I still have issues with the plot, the story's outline as a whole. Just good words and some enjoyable parts can't save the day for Umera in AeH. I have to admit I don't even wait for AeH's installments every month because I'm so outta this story. I am just reading it because a) I don't leave books unfinished, b) I love Salar and c) I am curious about the ending. Umera Ahmed ruined the characters for me. I practically hated Imama in the beginning. Although yes, she's fine now and really, really good but still what she portayed Imama as in the first 5 installments was horrific. Umera Ahmed ruined one her best female characters ever no matter even if the error is covered now. Although I'm reaidng AeH but for me it is decided that Salar-Imama ended for me right at the last word of Peer e Kamil. They don't go forward, they just stay there.. with their original characteristics without any alterations made in AeH. I know I have read AeH and no memory serum exists for me to forget its story but I have still restricted them to PeK. I will let AeH pass by without it interrupting any of my feels about PeK. I don't deny that I absolutely LOVE some parts of AeH but well, overall my opinions about it are definitely a negative.

I honestly wouldn't even have started Aab e Hayat because I know sequels mostly turn out to be bad. But I had read PeK just one month before AeH began publishing, so I was just under the influence of the story and decided to go further with AeH. I wish I had a time turner to go back and alter my choices. I won't say I regret reading AeH because it really has given me some teary eyed moments with those very emotional Salar-Imama hugs and some funny moments about Humain/Jibreel. *sigh*

Yes thatz right, even wen i started aab e hayat i was also a bit confused as to what has happened to imama, she cant be that materialistic nd immature, but for me that was justified later, she had spent few yearz of her life in isolation like a jail, and then all of a sudden she got freedom , she got home, she got everything, i think she couldnt handle that nd went bonkers😆 im not convincing u or anyother for that matter, im just stating what i thought was the reason behind that...

Nd secondly Peer e kamil SAWW perfect ending was not complete for me, i being a pessimistic person believe there iz no happy ending( atleast for me), so Aab e hayat was like a reality for me that yes there iz no happy ending nd life iz turbulent and depressing for eveyone..😆having said all of this, i would agree that story wise there are loopholez in aab e hayat nd too many time lapses for me, i got accustomed to one situation nd then there iz a time lapse, then again i got used to that new situation nd then again time lapse😲

So even for me Aab e hayat story wise iz not at the level of Peer e kamil SAWW or even Amarbail, they were class apart.. But still Aab e hayat iz enjoyable fr me
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
^ That's why I don't even want to read AeH :( Salar-Imama for me are the ones in PeK, that's IT. Their portrayal, their characteristics, everything was just perfect the way it was throughout (and especially in the end) of PeK. I never want to play around with that perfection.
fairi_88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

^ That's why I don't even want to read AeH :( Salar-Imama for me are the ones in PeK, that's IT. Their portrayal, their characteristics, everything was just perfect the way it was throughout (and especially in the end) of PeK. I never want to play around with that perfection.

Yes Pek end iz a perfect one, nd obviously those who dont want to ruin the perfect image , Pek iz the end for them, but for a pessimist like me😆 aab e hayat iz actualy a treat to read...because itz far from being perfect...anyhow itz al about personal choicez nd i respect everyone's opinion
fairi_88 thumbnail

Muhabbat na miley to sirf dil toot-ta hai, aur agar izzat chale jaye to asmaan toot-ta hai.. Anmol

Jab dekhne ko koi khuwab hi nhe to sonay ka kea faida.. Anmol

Mea tyar hun tum se shadi k liye, is liye nhe k tumhare lagan aur chahat k agy haar gye hun, islye k martey admi ko murdar bhe halaal hota hai.. Anmol

Pyar to karte nhe, na karo..aitebar to karo.. Mohid

Dillagi

Edited by fairi_88 - 8 years ago
fairi_88 thumbnail
Barey khud pehle bachon ke dil mea nafrat ke beej botey hain, aur phir jab woh btamezi kartey hain to kehtey hain k maa baap ne inhe tameez nhe sikhaye..

Abroo
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fairi_88

Yes thatz right, even wen i started aab e hayat i was also a bit confused as to what has happened to imama, she cant be that materialistic nd immature, but for me that was justified later, she had spent few yearz of her life in isolation like a jail, and then all of a sudden she got freedom , she got home, she got everything, i think she couldnt handle that nd went bonkers😆 im not convincing u or anyother for that matter, im just stating what i thought was the reason behind that...

Nd secondly Peer e kamil SAWW perfect ending was not complete for me, i being a pessimistic person believe there iz no happy ending( atleast for me), so Aab e hayat was like a reality for me that yes there iz no happy ending nd life iz turbulent and depressing for eveyone..😆having said all of this, i would agree that story wise there are loopholez in aab e hayat nd too many time lapses for me, i got accustomed to one situation nd then there iz a time lapse, then again i got used to that new situation nd then again time lapse😲

So even for me Aab e hayat story wise iz not at the level of Peer e kamil SAWW or even Amarbail, they were class apart.. But still Aab e hayat iz enjoyable fr me

Aye Aye! You're talking to an Umera Ahmed fan here. I already know this justification and reason behind the way Imama behaved. But the justification about Imama's behaviour seems so, so lame especially coming from someone like Umera Ahmed herself, the woman who wrote Amarbail. Na sar na pair so I couldn't digest it. But I agree, for many readers it was very much believable, so it's just a matter of different opinions.

I'm a sadist. An absolute sadist when it comes to books and movies/dramas. So it's not that I dislike Aab e Hayat because of the hardships shown. I just dislike it because it doesn't stand up to the level of PeK. Not wanting to compare but, man, the PeK factor can't go away when AeH is continuation. It's like pehle masterpiece mila aur ab ye kachra! Ofc it is bound to happen when I think about where the story started from and now where it is. Some random guy falling for Anaya. I did not sign up to read Eric turning into a Muslim or how Saad changed his wife or how Saad's son is. Honestly, mujhe Indian drama lagta hai! Not a single child spared, har kisi ki dastaan hai! In the recent episode, we were given a half page description of Caroline's boyfriend. LIKE WOAH! Is se behtar Salar-Imama ka koi excerpt hota. The story is now focused just on the children. Salar ke bachon se le kar mohallay tak ke bachon ki description hai! Duniya ke saari mushkillat Salar ke naseeb mein hain. The guy deserves to have a peaceful life with no problems whatsoever. Let peaceful life aside, his "life" factor is a mere question mark. What I wanted to say is, that I do not dislike Aab e Hayat for showing the negatives of Salar's life. In fact, I absolutely LOVED Salar-Imama's phone conversation after Hameen's birth. MAN, THAT WAS SOME SHEER BRILLIANCE! My original Salar and Imama giving me FEELS!!

fairi_88 thumbnail
@Zayalicious..i know i know u are an Umera Ahmed fan dude😃 i read the pgz of Amar bail thread...but i think im liking the novel because probably i was waiting for the sequel from almost few yearz so may be thatz y...nd secondly i didnt had any expectationz from it...

U seem to have high expectations from it may be thatz y ur disappointed...nd i wud agree on the fact that sequelz r usualy not upto the standard of original novel most of the tym...so yes for me even now Pek iz on some another level where no other novel can reach...nd as far as i have seen nd observed sequelz usualy divert from topic nd hence it lookz totaly different...but to each itz own, im stil enjoying it no matter what😆

Originally posted by: fairi_88

Barey khud pehle bachon ke dil mea nafrat ke beej botey hain, aur phir jab woh btamezi kartey hain to kehtey hain k maa baap ne inhe tameez nhe sikhaye..

Abroo

These must be written by Umera
fairi_88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

These must be written by Umera

Yes the screenplay of Abroo iz writen by Umera so probably the dialogue iz hers..