Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
That line totally makes no sense unless you are living in some fantasy world
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

That line totally makes no sense unless you are living in some fantasy world

Haina? Emotions true to this extent are rare in real life.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Disagree. Ab to mohabbat ki bhi replacement ho hi jaati hai.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Okaay.. so I am reading Amarbail at the moment and I already want to post everything I read, here LOL.. And I think I will be posting so many things here.. common or not.. but definitely thought-provoking. The same case is with the passage I am going to quote below.. I am reading it right now and I was again teary-eyed for the nth time today thinking about about it carefully.

Aap k zamane ki tarah hamara waahid problem apne aap ko aur apne khandaan ko zyada se zyada cultured, liberal aur aristocrate bana kar pesh karna nahi hai. Humein manners na sikhayen, humein batayen k hum itni tezi se badalti hui duniya mein apna wujood kaise qaim rakhein, apne liye konsi values ka intekhab karein aur phir un values ko intact kaise rakhein. Relationships kaise banayen aur unhen barqaraar kaise rakhein. Apna mental equillibrium kaise rakhein jab stress ho toh uss se kaise chutkaara payen jab depression ho toh uss se kaise chutkara haasil karein. Apni tanhaayi ka elaaj kis cheez se karein ? in sab cheezon k baare mein batayen.. guidance den.

Aap ki generation ne zindagi ko ache marks aur ache manners k darmiyan iss tarah taqseem kar diya hai k hum mein se bohot se toh wese hi gum hojate hain .. Jahan tak Aleeza ka ta'aluq hai toh uss ko toh aap logon ne maazoor ( crippled ) kar diya hai .. Main jab yahan aaya hoon hairan horaha hoon. Aap usd ko acha kehte hain wph khud ko acha samajhti hai , uss ko bura kehte hain woh khud ko bura samajhti hai. Uss ki apni koi soch hai na nazar. Wo duniya mein aap ki ankhon se dekhti hai aap k dimaagh se sochti hai.. aap k mayaar k mutabiq faisla karti hai.. magar kitni dair tak.. ek stage aisi aati hai jab sab kuch stagnant hojata hai.. phir apne ird gird ki duniya kitni buri lagti hai.. aap is ka andaza nahi kar saktin .. phir na apni samajh aati hai na dusron ki.. uss waqt dil chahta hai har cheez chor di jaaye chaahe woh khooni rishte hi kyun na hon.

Umar from Amarbail

---

Man.. this was AWESOME ! I FELT every single word said here ! Those who have read the novel may understand it better.. along with the context..
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 8 years ago

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Disagree. Ab to mohabbat ki bhi replacement ho hi jaati hai.

Hamesha se hoti aayi hai, ab to heart transplant bhi ho jate hain😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

"Cycle of replacement mein mohabbat ki replacement nahin hoti."

-Amarbail

Agree or disagree? I would like to know if anyone of you disagrees with this statement or not? I personally do because well.. let's be realistic. Every thing and every person in our life has a replacement. But when it comes to Amarbail's story and characters, I really think this statement is true. Let's admit it that emotions as true and deep as portrayed in the novel are hard to find in real life. Books are another world altogether.

In what context is this being said in the novel? I feel it can be interpreted in different ways.

In my opinion, if it means that your love for a person can never be replaced then that's a grey area. You can love a lot of people in life but I don't think you can ever love the same way over and over again. The "mohabbat" you have for person x, will vary than the "mohabbat" you'll have for person y later down the line. So, in that sense, I feel you're never really replacing that same love over and over again. Your love just varies, you end up loving differently every time all the times one does fall in love,.. but, it's never the same kind every time. If that makes sense..

Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
Star, it varies on the person. Some can replace easily and some cant. It depends.Sometimes, your second love is even more intense than the first one
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Star, it varies on the person. Some can replace easily and some cant. It depends.Sometimes, your second love is even more intense than the first one

@ red: exactly, that's what I'm saying. You never love the same way over and over again. You may love person X like crazy, in an obsessed way...and then later, you love person Y in a more subtle, reserved way...etc etc..you can still love again and again, but I personally feel you don't love in the same manner every time. Every "muhabbat" is different basically.. not sure if it's really a "replacement" for the last.

Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Per mohabbat ka ehsaas to kisi aur ke liye mehsoos kar sakte hain na..matlab mohabbat replace hogayi -_-
I see Star and Hinna's points too, but that's my opinion of it 😆
Edited by OnlyHope - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Per mohabbat ka ehsaas to kisi aur ke liye mehsoos kar sakte hain na..matlab mohabbat replace hogayi -_-
I see Star and Hinna's points too, but that's my opinion of it 😆

True. I also think there's different ways to interpret this quote. I wonder in what context Umera mentions it in the novel? unless she's just being filmy and saying you can just love once and never again. 😆