Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
^ I know! When I first started it, I was skpetical because stories on the old British India turn out to be on bloodshed, getting seaparated because of partition. But Baili Rajputan ki Malika turned out to be something really different. Till the very end, I could not guess that Maya was behind everything. And then behold, here's the old theater actress who knows her stuff too well.

Btw try reading Jannat Ke Pattay. If you think, BRKM was suspense then JKP is suspense on a whole new level. The story's a bit filmy but one can't deny how engaging and mind boggling it is. Well, it's pretty long.. consists of two volumes each of almost 600 pages. But trust me, once you are some 100 pages into the book, you will not be able to put it down. There will be an urge to continue and find out where the story heads to. There's this one story, Ibn e Adam. I really like the story and characters but the dn is so meh that I was left doubting the author's skills.. however, can't deny that I liked the plot as it had something to offer. When I read Ibn e Adam, I was fed up reading the same run of the mill stories, so this was quite different and brilliant.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Zindagi mein apnapan toh har koi dikhata hai, magar apna hai kaun ? Yeh waqt batata hai.

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Daulat ki numaish sirf wohi loug karte hain, jinke paas daulat k siwa kuch nahi hota.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@ Ash: where are these two dialogues above from?
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ash: I am glad you liked BRKM . It is one of my favs. I have already read it twice. And the character Maya is was definitely perfectly written.
I love the stories with different elements like BRKM, Amarbail etc. Can't really handle mushy mushy romantic stuff 😆
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Zaya- I am not familiar to any of the writers or their writing styles. In fact I only know the ones who wrote Dramas scripts n that too famous ones as I don't usually read novels that much.. So I am not sure whether u will like the writing styles of the authors u never read stuff of or not as I suppose you have read many books of different authors.

I have downloaded JKP, Amarbail and Lahasil.. Will surely read them when I will be able to as they are extremely lengthy.
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 9 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Star - Those dialogues are of Ashfaq Ahmed. I have a collection of some of his dialogues that I simply love. He uses simple words with deep meaning and if we think think about those words.. They turn out to be so true.

Usman - I know.. I have read BRKM last tuesday and I want to read it again.. And again.. And again.. Itz that mesmerizing. I can't stop thinking about the story.. Maya and Badar... such a fantastic characterisation of both.. Especially Maya.. Man ! I am in love with this character.

I prefer suspense and thrill wale novels more.. But Romantic novels are like kabhi kabhi chalte hain .. 😆
Does anyone have the english pdf of Man o salwa?
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Zaya- I am not familiar to any of the writers or their writing styles. In fact I only know the ones who wrote Dramas scripts n that too famous ones as I don't usually read novels that much.. So I am not sure whether u will like the writing styles of the authors u never read stuff of or not as I suppose you have read many books of different authors.

I have downloaded JKP, Amarbail and Lahasil.. Will surely read them when I will be able to as they are extremely lengthy.

Amarbail is AHMAZINGG. My favourite Urdu novel..not even Peer e Kamil is as close to me as Amarbail. Jannat Ke Pattay is one of top three favourite Urdu novels. Do read them quickly (:
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Since I am still in BRKM hangover, I will post the dialogue I liked in the novel.. according to the context.

Maya :

Insanon ko judge nahi kia karte, unse mohabbat kiya karte hain. Agar tum logon ko judge karne lag jaoge toh un se mohabbat nahi kar sako ge. [...] Jab kisi se mohabbat ki jaati hai toh dil mein aik qabristaan bhi bana liya jaata hai, uss mein apne mehboob ki tamaam khamiyaan dafan kar di jaati hain aur phir unke kutbay nahi lagaye jaate.

From Beli Rajputan Ki Malika.

I like the way it is put in words.
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 9 years ago