Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Have you people read Seher Ek Ista'ara Hai by Umera Ahmed ? I just randomly started reading it one day n I was surprised as the story is the same as Maat.. I mean, I think the show was based on the novel may be ?
I really enjoyed reading the novel even if I knew the story from A to Z as I have watched Maat lol..
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Have you people read Seher Ek Ista'ara Hai by Umera Ahmed ? I just randomly started reading it one day n I was surprised as the story is the same as Maat.. I mean, I think the show was based on the novel may be ?

I really enjoyed reading the novel even if I knew the story from A to Z as I have watched Maat lol..

Yeah, I believe that's the novel they adapted for Maat. They just changed the name for the show.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OK so I have just googled n found out that Maat is actually Umera's writing n so yeah, the show was based on the novel SEIH .. It was a revelation to me 😆 .. May be thtz the reason I liked Maat evenn if the story was simple.. but the way it's executed was brilliant ..

P.S. I hated Adnan Siddiqui's character the most among the three of them.. even more than Saba's LOL..
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"In life, at sometime or another we come to a point where all relationships cease where there is only us and Allah. There are no parents, brother or sister, or any friend. Then we realize that there is no earth under us nor is there sky above, but only Allah who is supporting us in this emptiness. Then we realize our worth - it is not more than a grain of sand or the leaf of a plant. Then we realize our existence is only confined to our being. Our demise makes not a whit of difference to the world around us, nor to the scheme of things."

-Peer-e-Kamil
Edited by -Kashmiri- - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Yeah, I believe that's the novel they adapted for Maat. They just changed the name for the show.

Then what about her novel Maat abhi baaki hai? :S
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Then what about her novel Maat abhi baaki hai? :S

I think it's just a coincidence that this novel has the word Maat in it.
Hmmm but I read somewhere that it was the adaptation. Actually there was another novel with the word Maat in it and this was the sequel of that.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Usman, yeah I haven't read it..maybe I'll give it a try after Eid
-Kashmiri- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"Dunya aurat key maazi ko kabhi nahin bhoolti. Dunya sirf mard kay maazi ko bhoolti hai."

- La Hasil
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Our lips may or may not meet, nor may our arms ever interlock in warm embrace, but just by your loving gaze