Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

This writer can be Umera's successor for Umera fans on tv.. 😆 She gives me that Umera vibe from whatever I've read in this thread. I feel she may not want her work to get dramatized? Tv or film adaptations are really tricky and usually don't live up to what a book has to offer...maybe she just doesn't allow it.

Yeah, a lot of people do point out the similarities. Some just accuse her of copying Umera LOL. But since she was Umera's student, then similarities are to be there in their works. Also, I read one of her interviews where she said that she is a novelist, not a dramatist and hence she won't like her works to be adapted for TV.
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

SPOILER:

complete agree @ bold. She should have chopped down that part. Atleast thori length hi kamm ho jaati.
Also the fact that Jihaan Sikandar was the one who was disguised as that eunuch and the caller (Major Ahmad) was some thing that was also un-digestable.

I actually loved the first half of JKP, It was the 2nd half that couldn't live upto the expectations.

The length was scary when I first started reading the book 😆
clockworknerd thumbnail

Star: Yes you're on the point..Nimra's writing style is somewhat similar to Umera. but I feel Nimra adds some 'filmi-ness' in her stories which takes away from realism.

Umera has stuck to writing about the ugly truth of society and people around us.. Her writing has never crossed realism. Whereas Nimra seems really experimental.. her priority is to write something different everytime. All her books have completely different themes, or at least the setting and background, and it looks like she focuses on writing something that is enjoyable. Thus, as you said, she moves away from realism.
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

By the way, can you briefly tell us what JKP is about?

Haya is a law student who gets an opportunity to go to Turkey when her university sends her as an exchange student to study one semester over there. She is in nikaah of her cousin (it's bachpan ka nikaah thingy) and her cousin lives in Turkey and owns a restaurant. She takes it as an opportunity to go and meet her cousin over there because her family is hardly in contact with her cousin's family. But even before she goes to Turkey, strange things take place. She realises that one of her dance videos had been uploaded online and somebody is definitely keeping an eye on her.

I know this brief summary is messy but I couldn't find a proper one anywhere. 😆 The genres are suspense and romance. Though some people call it Islamic fiction too because the girl starts observing pardah (hijab) and faces taunts for doing so. But a major part of the book is on suspense. It has various different themes here and there.. like courage, faith.
Now im def gonna read it! I love suspense!
I wish they make a drama on it
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Haan ji yeh mera hi neik kaam tha 🤣

Nawazish 😆

Word Count: 1

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Star: Yes you're on the point..Nimra's writing style is somewhat similar to Umera. but I feel Nimra adds some 'filmi-ness' in her stories which takes away from realism.

@ash: Nimra's other work include "Musahaf", Belli Raajputtan ki malka", "Saans sakin thi", "mere khwab mere jugnu", "iblees" and some more.

Ohh ok.. N I was right. I actually don't know her work at all..

Jannat Ke Pattay seems attractive as per the title. I may read it if itz worth it ? You guys seem to like the novel..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RisingAsh

Ohh ok.. N I was right. I actually don't know her work at all..

Jannat Ke Pattay seems attractive as per the title. I may read it if itz worth it ? You guys seem to like the novel..

Yep.. Its good.. Her best work is Musahaf (Quraan)...read that too..

Hinna: If you like suspense stories read "Belli raajputaan ki malka" by Nimra Ahmad. Its not so long but very interesting.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago
what is that about?
JKP sounds more appealing with the title, because I like religious stories too. And this is the only work of hers available on kitaabghar lol.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

what is that about?

JKP sounds more appealing with the title, because I like religious stories too. And this is the only work of hers available on kitaabghar lol.

Its a story set in the village "belli raajputtan" . Its a very intruiging story of a woman looking for the muderers of her dead husband. Its full of suspense.

Jkp is a complete novel.. it has drama, some subtle comedy, suspense and some religious touch too. Read it.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago