Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I've heard a lot of things about the writer, Nimra. Is she smart enough not to let her stories turn into tv adaptations? or are productions houses not noticing her work?

Actually I think, no. Her stories are extremely lengthy and happening. And they have such suspense factor that tv is not a good enough medium.. audience are bound to be confused and at some point her stories might appear nonsensical (though they're not 😆 ). Besides, she said she won't let Jannat Ke Pattay be dramatized, don't know about her other works though. Just like they ruined Amarbail because it was lengthy, the story covered a span of almost 9-10 years.. likewise about JKP.
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Wow! But was it written in English in the novel?

Yeah, just this one quote, nothing else 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Actually I think, no. Her stories are extremely lengthy and happening. And they have such suspense factor that tv is not a good enough medium.. audience are bound to be confused and at some point her stories might appear nonsensical (though they're not 😆 ). Besides, she said she won't let Jannat Ke Pattay be dramatized, don't know about her other works though. Just like they ruined Amarbail because it was lengthy, the story covered a span of almost 9-10 years.. likewise about JKP.

They can perhaps ask her to write an original script. I'm all for original scripts anyway. It'd be refreshing .

By the way, can you briefly tell us what JKP is about?
Star, she is a student of Umera. Well she was.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Star, she is a student of Umera. Well she was.

Are you serious? No wonder I see familiarity in whatever I'm reading of hers in this thread. She writes somewhat like Umera...probably because I feel she also seems to have a way with words.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Who is Nimra, I heard her name for the first time .. Some of her work to mention may be ? Jannat Ke Pattay k ilawa..
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
N oh yeah, i have just realised this thread is sticky now 😛 Thnx a lot whoever pmed the MOD n I think itz Hinna.. :)

Haan ji yeh mera hi neik kaam tha 🤣
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Star: Yes you're on the point..Nimra's writing style is somewhat similar to Umera. but I feel Nimra adds some 'filmi-ness' in her stories which takes away from realism.

@ash: Nimra's other work include "Musahaf", Belli Raajputtan ki malka", "Saans sakin thi", "mere khwab mere jugnu", "iblees" and some more.

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

I always knew that shareefon ka mujra thing won't end that easily. It was somehow pretty evident that Nimra wished to bring that twist back in the story. Handling business and sab ki chutti kardena was really Indian LOL. Girls suddenly emerging as superwomen is something that we see in Indian soaps and it is VERY unrealistic. Though I still loved how Nimra penned down the story.. it was enjoyable even through some of those weird and needless twists.

SPOILER:

complete agree @ bold. She should have chopped down that part. Atleast thori length hi kamm ho jaati.
Also the fact that Jihaan Sikandar was the one who was disguised as that eunuch and the caller (Major Ahmad) was some thing that was also un-digestable.

I actually loved the first half of JKP, It was the 2nd half that couldn't live upto the expectations.