Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Daam's OST is something else also. I hear it every now and then and it seems haunting to me every time. Perhaps because I feel I was a part of every character's journey in Daam? ๐Ÿ˜† ..and this song so aptly describes Maliha and Zara's friendship. It has this haunting feeling.

My favorite lines from Daam..the OST sums up Daam in a nutshell I feel.

kya kho gaye woh lamhe?
kahaan kho gaye woh lamhe?..
rishton ke woh silsaley...

jhoot hai sabhi, sacha kuch nahin
dhoka ya daam tha?
na jaana tumhein. na samja tumhein..
dhoka ya daam tha?
aitbaar tha jo aiktyaar tha...
dhoka tha ya daam tha?
bhool main kahin, yaad kuch nahi?
dhoka tha ya daam tha?
naata na tha, rishta na tha, khwaab tha..toot gaya
pagal ho tum, chodo zidd ye..khwaaab tha..toot gaya.
rastay alag, manzil juda..phir rona kya?

Dhoka ya daam tha is what it basically came down to. Ugh. I feel like re-watching Daam all over. I can never get over this show.

starstruckk thumbnail
Jawad: Aap mujhe dost samjhti hain.. lekin apne dil ki baat nahi kartein.
Zeenia: kuch baatein toh insaan khud se bhi chupana chahta hai.
Jawad: ..haan, lekin chupa nahi pahta. Aur kissi se na kehne se, dard kam nahi hota, barh hi jata hai.

- Malaal (Umera Ahmed).

p.s. ahh, I LOVE Malaal also. Daam and Malaal forever and always. ๐Ÿ˜† I think I've said this a million times already, still can't help but say it. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Zeenia: toh tumne propose kaise kiya?
Jawad: will you marry me?
Zeenia: aise kehtein hain kya?
Jawad: toh?
Zeenia: tum itne ache cook ho..acha sa dinner banate, candlelight dinner ke saath, ache se music aur flowers ke saath, aur aik ring ke saath kehte ke...
Jawad: ...will you marry me?
Zeenia: exactly!
Jawad: thanks
Zeenia: you're welcome.
Jawad: Zeenia, yeh saari baatein - candelights, music, ring ...in sab cheezon ke beghair bhi yeh jumla bohat important hota hai. Koi bhi insaan kissi ko "I love you" toh keh sakta hai, lekin "will you marry me" kehne ke liye bohat himmat chahiye hoti hai...yeh har kissi ko nahi kehta woh.

- Malaal (Umera Ahmed)

I just adore Jawad from Malaal. Such a wonderful character.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

"Spoilers" for those who haven't read JKP
The whole "shareefon ka mujra" thing that came back into the end I felt it wasn't required. Also Haya taking control of the business in just few days and tackling dushmans seemed so unrealistic to me.

I always knew that shareefon ka mujra thing won't end that easily. It was somehow pretty evident that Nimra wished to bring that twist back in the story. Handling business and sab ki chutti kardena was really Indian LOL. Girls suddenly emerging as superwomen is something that we see in Indian soaps and it is VERY unrealistic. Though I still loved how Nimra penned down the story.. it was enjoyable even through some of those weird and needless twists.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
By the way, I lied earlier about nothing coming close to Daam. In my opinion, Malaal is as brilliant as Daam if not more. Daam slightly edges Malaal for me personally because I felt I could connect with every single character in that show. The relationships explored in Daam were very unique...but all in all, both these shows for me are in a class of their own.

I think I've said this a billion times already but just had to clarify myself here ๐Ÿ˜† since I can't have Malaal being left out of my most favorite shows category.
starstruckk thumbnail
I've heard a lot of things about the writer, Nimra. Is she smart enough not to let her stories turn into tv adaptations? or are productions houses not noticing her work?
I want her stories to be dramatized! Just because reading Urdu is such hard work lol
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Must every house be built upon love? What about loyalty and appreciation?

It's basically a quote of Hazrat Umar (RA) but I read it in Jannat Ke Pattay. I can't stress upon how meaningful this quote is.. it just is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.
Wow! But was it written in English in the novel?
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Must every house be built upon love? What about loyalty and appreciation?

It's basically a quote of Hazrat Umar (RA) but I read it in Jannat Ke Pattay. I can't stress upon how meaningful this quote is.. it just is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

This writer can be Umera's successor for Umera fans on tv.. ๐Ÿ˜† She gives me that Umera vibe from whatever I've read in this thread. I feel she may not want her work to get dramatized? Tv or film adaptations are really tricky and usually don't live up to what a book has to offer...maybe she just doesn't allow it.