Users

Frequent Posters

mayalnee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: myviewprem

He definetly had daughters

Here is a book on maharana pratap free online pls read
Maharana Pratap had sisters and daughters too.
One famous story says tah maharana wrote letter to akbar to stop war because a dog stole bread from his daughter's hand

Thanks a lot . But its the very book I took my information from, where its mentioned that he have no daughter๐Ÿ˜• Guess i have to read the whole book rather than reading excerpts and find out . anyway thanks once again.๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by mayalnee - 10 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but its confirmed that he has daughters based on two incidents i read one about mughal soldiers finding his daughter and getting her to mughal camp to salim and second about pratap writing letter to akbar after a dog takes his daughters bread and runs off.
I am not sure why its not mentioned in books. I have got two books on maharana pratap and there also only amar singh and karan singh are mentioned not any other children or wives other than ajabde
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Here is a rare picture from mughal minature painting '
jehangir teaching karan singh teaching techniques
Karan on middle elephant and jehangir and khurram on either side elephants
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
mayalnee thumbnail

Here is a rare picture from mughal minature painting '

jehangir teaching karan singh teaching techniques
Karan on middle elephant and jehangir and khurram on either side elephants

Thanks man, this is a gem.
mayalnee thumbnail

but its confirmed that he has daughters based on two incidents i read one about mughal soldiers finding his daughter and getting her to mughal camp to salim and second about pratap writing letter to akbar after a dog takes his daughters bread and runs off.

I am not sure why its not mentioned in books. I have got two books on maharana pratap and there also only amar singh and karan singh are mentioned not any other children or wives other than ajabde

Actually there is no clearcut mention of maharana's daughters. The first incident of salim ,well i can't really say anything about it ๐Ÿ˜• But second one , there is a lot of controversy about it. many historians come to the opinion that that letter CAN'T BE from maharana. When the letter reached enemy camp , one rajput general who probably work for akbar [ i forgot his name.sorry] wrote back to ranaji in disbelief [ not exactly mentioning about the letter, for that will be betraying to akbar but asking cleverly if ranaji have changed his mind about the war and whether he have plans for peace with akbar ] Bcoz though he was not with maharana , he, like many others who defected to the other side ,had profound respect for pratap. And in the reply maharana too send a reply . from his words it become obvious that the same man CAN NOT send the desparate letter to his sworn enemy. I am sorry bcoz i can;t really remember rest of the part . But i can assure you about the controversy and opinions about it I too like believe that maharana did have daughters . In wikipedia , he was said to have 5 daughters,[ check bitblue's post in the 1st page ] though they didnot mention the source of original information.. anyway, thank you for your comments๐Ÿ˜Š
CallmeCel thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
WOW. he has got so many wives. ELEVEN!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ
So he is also goin to marry phool kanvar (the one they are showing with ajabde in the show)???????๐Ÿ˜ƒ

mayalnee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Celana

WOW. he has got so many wives. ELEVEN!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ
So he is also goin to marry phool kanvar (the one they are showing with ajabde in the show)???????๐Ÿ˜ƒ

There are lots of political marriages back then. pratap is no exception.and yes he is gonna marry phool๐Ÿ˜Š
CallmeCel thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mayalnee

There are lots of political marriages back then. pratap is no exception.and yes he is gonna marry phool๐Ÿ˜Š

that's great. ๐Ÿ˜‰
katana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

He definetly had daughters

Here is a book on maharana pratap free online pls read
Maharana Pratap had sisters and daughters too.
One famous story says tah maharana wrote letter to akbar to stop war because a dog stole bread from his daughter's hand

Thanks for the link.๐Ÿ˜Š
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing - extremely informative!!