List of maharana pratap's wives and sons[updated]

mayalnee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys , i have found something while searching for phool kanwar . here i am putting the queen's names against the sons they begets . here you go ------------------------- 1] Ajabde Punwar ---- Amarsingh and Bhagawandas 2] Solankhinipurbai--------Sahsa and Gopal 3] Champabai Jhati --------Kachra ,sanwaldas and durjansingh 4] Jasobai Chauhan ---------Kalyandas 5] Phool Bai Rathore ------- Chanda and Shekha 6] Shahmatibai Hada----Pura 7] Khichar ashabai ------Hathi and Ramsingh 8]Alamdebai Chauhan ----Jaswantsingh 9]Ratnawatibai parmar [ Ajabde's sister,i think] ---- Maal 10] Amarbai Rathore ---Natha 11] Lakhabai-------Raibhana . So it seems that our royal diva, phool kanwar is no other than phool bai rathore πŸ˜ƒ . I have not have much idea , but is not bai and kanwar is similar ? please enlighten me if i am wrong 😊 And about Daughters .historians believe that Maharana have no daughter πŸ˜” N.B; Courtesy ; Maharana pratap by Bhawan Singh Rana And sorry ABout the typing error at first . hopefully it got fixed 😊
Edited by mayalnee - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks this is very informative. may be after wedding kanwar get converted to bai
mayalnee thumbnail

Originally posted by: bitblue

thanks this is very informative. may be after wedding kanwar get converted to bai

you are welcome😊 . and yeah, i too agree with the after marriage conversion.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Maharana Pratap had a daughter

Because its mentioned in one mughal chronicle
Once Salim who was teenager(kid) during war with Mewar and his gaurds found a child in hills. They brought her to mughal camps and salim(jehangir) came to know she is pratap's or amar singh's daughter(not sure forgot) so he gave her refreshments(and or gifts) and told the body gaurds to leave her back.
So he had daughtersss but not sure what names and whom they married may be?
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rana Pratap had 11 ranis (queens),[11] 17 sons[12] and 5 daughters. Of his children, Amar Singh[13] was the eldest followed by Chanda Singh, Sahas Mal, Shekha Singh and others.
and chandan singh is from phool bai. i wish we had better historical data so that everyone can peek in when they want.
Edited by bitblue - 10 years ago
mayalnee thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Maharana Pratap had a daughter

Because its mentioned in one mughal chronicle
Once Salim who was teenager(kid) during war with Mewar and his gaurds found a child in hills. They brought her to mughal camps and salim(jehangir) came to know she is pratap's or amar singh's daughter(not sure forgot) so he gave her refreshments(and or gifts) and told the body gaurds to leave her back.
So he had daughtersss but not sure what names and whom they married may be?

Well, I don't have any first hand knowledge of those historians who claim that ranaji have no daughter , its just noted in the book i have mentioned above { maharana pratap written by bhawal singh rana } But in the geneology of Mewar royal family also, there is no mention of any daughter of maharana. here is the link if you want to look into freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~princelystates/states/m/mewar.html Personally i find it strange that out of 11 wives ,no one bore a daughter. so may be they died earlier before reaching the marriageable age or like you said ,their names or identity disappeared in the pages of history . If i may ask ,you are not sure about the daughter mentioned in the mughol chronicle is of pratap,s right ? can you please verify it if its not much of a problem for you? Anyway thanks for commenting and for the info😊
Edited by mayalnee - 10 years ago
mayalnee thumbnail

Originally posted by: bitblue

Rana Pratap had 11 ranis (queens),[11] 17 sons[12] and 5 daughters. Of his children, Amar Singh[13] was the eldest followed by Chanda Singh, Sahas Mal, Shekha Singh and others.

and chandan singh is from phool bai. i wish we had better historical data so that everyone can peek in when they want.

Thanks a lot for the info and clearing it out. Agree with you about the having better data .Its very unfortunate that we don't have much solid info about these important things about maharana's life. While historians wrote in volumes about akbar and the rest [ not that i have any problem about that ] Maharana;s life mostly based on legends. while the legends are very inspiring, it cannot VERIFY facts,and there is always a wedge between these two aspects.πŸ˜”
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thankyou man. i am searching for this information for three days.
mayalnee thumbnail

Originally posted by: vikaschandra

thankyou man. i am searching for this information for three days.

You are welcome 😊
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
He definetly had daughters
Here is a book on maharana pratap free online pls read
Maharana Pratap had sisters and daughters too.
One famous story says tah maharana wrote letter to akbar to stop war because a dog stole bread from his daughter's hand
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago