Highway is my best film so far: Imtiaz Ali

ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Highway is my best film so far: Imtiaz Ali
Samarth Goyal, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, March 05, 2014 

Filmmaker Imtiaz Ali, comes across as one of the more humble filmmakers in Bollywood. However, he, too, doesn't shy from answering back those who doubt his work. 

Recently, trade analyst Taran Adarsh had raised his doubts over Imtiaz' film, Highway, saying, "Imtiaz would not go a long way with his Highway". 

The Rockstar filmmaker, during his recent Delhi visit, on being asked for a response, said, "This person, who you just named, should go on his website and check for the users' reviews about his review, before commenting on others." 

Imtiaz further elaborated, "I would be lying if I say that critics are not important. But criticism has to be positive. And that's why I believe that the audiences are  your best critic. They don't know you, they spend their time and money to watch a film that you made and hence their reaction matters the most." Imtiaz also feels that with too many award functions happening, the awards are losing their charm. 

"They are important because they celebrate an artist's achievements. There are too many award ceremonies happening. I feel, that is taking away much of the importance associated with them." 

Ask him if he agrees with Bollywood personalities who have called Highway as Imtiaz's best so far and the 42-year-old filmmaker replies, "To be honest I would want every latest film of mine to be my best. But I don't know if it is my best film. But yes! It is my best film so far.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

"This person, who you just named, should go on his
website and check for the users' reviews about his
review, before commenting on others."

As much I despise Taran Adarsh's reviews, Taran has every right to voice his opinion, whether it's good or bad, paid or not.

He was only saying Highway won't go a long way. What else was he supposed to say about a not so great performing film? He's a trade analyst, that's his job.

Imtiaz has not made a good film since Jab We Met, so it's better he focus on making good movies rather than targeting people who don't like his recent movies.
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'd have to agree. 
More movies like Highway, and less candy-fluff please. 
zaniax thumbnail
I dun get the hype around him..He's an over rated director and all his movies revolve around the same idea i.e ''A commited girl falls in love/ runs away with another man.''
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree.

1 Highway
2 SNT
3 JWM
4 Rockstar
5 LAK

light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

As much I despise Taran Adarsh's reviews, Taran has every right to voice his opinion, whether it's good or bad, paid or not.

He was only saying Highway won't go a long way. What else was he supposed to say about a not so great performing film? He's a trade analyst, that's his job.

Imtiaz has not made a good film since Jab We Met, so it's better he focus on making good movies rather than targeting people who don't like his recent movies.

He is tipical Gemini , gemini never take critisisam , they give blind eye to any kinda criticism.  Imtiyaz ali had said the same during rockstar release , he said when I made love aaj kal , people said it not great as jab we met , now same people say rockstar is not good as love aaj kaal or jab we met. Imtiyaz is very intelligent guy.
Debarati7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have liked all movies of Imtiaz..even Rockstar and LAK..he is one of my favourite directors..Yes Highway is a great movie..But I will still say Socha Na Tha is his best work till date IMO..I love that movie..And the song "O Yara Rab"..❤️ 
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Imtiaz, I'm gonna use a line from your own film on you..

Highway was an amazing film, but I prefer JWM..😳
Trisha007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
yeah!i agree
1Highway
2Rockstar
3Love Aj kal
4.Jab We Met