did arjuna loved draupadi as much she loved him?

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This is one of the most controversial questions on Mahabharata. N dat is mainly due to the fact that Ved Vyas hasn't said much about their intimate moments. Draupadi's partiality for Arjun can somewat be justified, because Arjun was the one, she was supposed to be married to, although she was dutiful to all the others, as well.

However, it is difficult to say whom Arjun loved the most. It is a popular belief that, he loved Subhadra the most. Some events that u stated say so. However, I think he loved Draupadi too.
With Draupadi, it was complicated as he had restrictions. Most importantly, he had to share her. He never had her all to himself. Besides their marriage was more like an arranged marriage, as they didn't know each other before her Swamvar. They stayed 12 years apart at the beginning of their marital life. This long time apart, probably, made him drift away from her. Because, in Mahabharat, Arjun n Draupadi don't really have any important scene together, except when Draupadi showed her displeasure, when Arjun brought Subhadra.
With Subhadra, things were different. They fell in love with each other n eloped. They have a love story. So, there's was a love marriage. Besides, she was Lord Krishna's beloved sister. N she was devoted to him alone. Lord Krishna too wanted Subhadra to marry Arjun, instead of Duryodhan, whom Balaram preferred. Arjun didn't bond much with Iravan, as far as I know, couldn't stay with Babruvahana for long, because of the condition made by his father-in-law. After that it was Abhimanyu, who was born, with whom I suppose, he spent a lot of time. Hence, he was more inclined to him than Shrutakirti.
I am a Parth-Pachali fan. However, wat is true, is true.
Edited by amritat - 10 years ago

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I don't think we will ever know how much each of the brothers loved Draupadi, because Veda Vyasa did not spend much time on describing their emotions in-depth, but from what we know of the story, Subhadra was his favorite wife and Abhimanyu was his favorite son. He did love Draupadi and respected her, but I do not think she was his favorite. However, her position and the rights she received as the Pandavas' common wife and the queen of Indraprastha surpassed those of any other wife of the Pandavas.
All the Pandavas were devastated at the death of their sons, the Upa Pandavas, and they did set out to punish Ashwatthama for his sin, but their love and respect for their Guru caused them to forgive him eventually. Also, Draupadi herself forgave him, because at that point she had lost so many loved ones in her life and was completely washed of all revengeful feelings. When Draupadi held no bitter feelings towards Ashwatthama, why would the Pandavas kill him?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: amritat

With Subhadra, things were different. They fell in love with each other n eloped. They have a love story. So, there's was a love marriage. Besides, she was Lord Krishna's beloved sister. N she was devoted to him alone. Arjun didn't bond much with Iravan, as far as I know, couldn't stay with Babruvahana for long. After that it was Abhimanyu, who was born, with whom I suppose, he spent a lot of time. Hence, he was more inclined to him than Shrutakirti.

Yeah that's true...Arjuna's preference for Abhimanyu out of all his sons is expected. He never helped raise Iravan or Babruvahana since his marriage with their mothers was a temporary affair (much like Bhima's marriage with Hidimbi), but Abhimanyu was born and spent his childhood in Indraprastha, so naturally, a parent feels more affection for the child they raise since birth. I am sure Arjuna also loved his son from Draupadi, but not much is written about this son or Arjuna's feelings for him, so I don't think we can pass too much judgment without knowing facts. However, it is written that all the Pandavas were devastated by the death of their sons the Upa Pandavas, and Arjuna had even released the Brahmastra against Ashwatthama in revenge, and only revoked it upon the advise of Lord Krishna.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I wish Arjun mentioned it somewhere clearly whom he loved the most...at least it wouldn't have created such chaos in Kaliyug πŸ˜†
1Rockstar1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ojaswiniprinces

Yes we can say that arjuna loved abhimanyu more b'coz he was able to raise him but don't u all think that no father could give preference to his another son more than one son so he might have loved him too but nothing is mentioned.i also feel that he married subhadra b'coz of lord krishna saying him to marry her and that marriage was more love from subhadra's side and attraction from arjuna's side(he loved her too)but it was more politics in their marriage but destiny and choice and heaven made jodi types in arjuna and draupadi's marriage.but i can't merely judge anything as it is very difficult to judge relations which existed 50000yrs ago.

@Red, Krishna didnt, Arjun ws in love with Subhadra, he wanted to marry her, and Krishna, supported them, and it was not attraction from Arjun side, it was mutual love from both side.
AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just thought I would post this here
Arjun always knew Draupadi, in the innermost recesses of her heart, had loved him, Arjuna more than the others. He had always known it but for fear of the Pandavas being torn apart by a forbidden love had given his deepest devotion to Subhadra. However, Arjun had come to realise very early on that he had always loved her back in equal measure -- Always

Source: Arjuna, the saga of a pandav warrior prince.
Patrarekha thumbnail
arjun had deep respect for Draupadi he loved her ofcourse but never as much as draupadi did because when his first feeling of blossoming love towards draupadi got a shock when she got shared he detached himself from her because his brothers and mother were more important to him he loved them more so though in subconcious he didn't accept the sharing he agreed and since then he confided his feeling for her within himself he delibarately took that 12 years exile upon him though yudi stopped him may be he wanted to be away from this system after uloopi convinced him that his celibacy vow is not applicable for other women he was freed from vow he was attracted and desired for chitrangada and accepted condition from her father to get her when he meets subhadra it was arjun who first fell in love with her which krishna noticed subhadra was never open about her feelings that's why krishna asked him to kidnap her all these Marriages helped arjun to fade his feeling to Draupadi and he became aloof to her she still had special place in his life as all brothers but he was not so close or free to her rather he was more comfortable with subhadra because she was his madhav's sis and very calm and devoted so his affection went to her i am arjun-subhadra fan after krishnarjun and arjun-chitrangada
srishtisingh thumbnail
as for as I think even arjun would have loved draupadi most he would not be so much open towards his feelings for drau because as for as I have thought if arjun personality he was really devoted to his bros and he would have forbidded any such thoughts and would suppress it. may b he knew abt drau liking him most and may be he cared and loved her most but he would have never liked to get the blame of preference on him because then he would be returning the same feeling that drau had for him n it would have been like adding ghee to fire which would have destroyed everything ultimately.as for as I think jealousy needs just a spark to become fire
Medha.S thumbnail
He would have openly loved her the most had she been only his, but here she is also the Empress of the Kingdom, wife of his two Elder brothers ...
He would never have come forward to say he loves her the most or anything like that even if he did ...
you can just read and interpret but you cant really decide if they both loved each other the most or if they loved their other spouses the most ..
even Yudhi saying that Draupadi loved Arjuna the most is not valid ... he never lied but what he think was the truth was not necessarily The truth either.
rekha.366 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rushika

I wish Arjun mentioned it somewhere clearly whom he loved the most...at least it wouldn't have created such chaos in Kaliyug πŸ˜†

πŸ‘πŸΌ,but arjun said that he loves his madhava more but yeh log tho sunthe hi nahi😳😳 arjun ki peeche hi padgaya ,jab draupadhi ko koi problem nahi hai hum ko kya who he loves moreπŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜†