Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Check 4th incident here.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3811317
Has any one read this MB written till Gada Parva?
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

Vrish - in that case he is mixing up Uttar and Uttara... Only boy shown in Virat. Based on dress he could be the king's son.

No, he's not mixing anybody. The credits list Uttara, Virata's daughter and Abhimanyu's wife, as I pointed out earlier. In which case, Uttara is Virata's son, then there is Virata's daughter and another actress is Abhimanyu's wife.
  • Virata's daughter - Amba Bihler
  • Abhimanyu's wife - Hapsari Hardjito
  • Uttara - Lutfi Jakfar
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Not mentioned. Abhimanyu himself doesn't make an appearance except somewhere in the middle of the war, when he enters the wheel formation and gets killed. After Duryodhan is wounded, Ashwatthama comes to him and describes how he massacred the Pandava camp, and killed the fetus that was their grandson. At the end of the movie, Janamejaya (never named in the show) asks Vyasa whether he belonged to a dead race. Then a young pregnant woman comes in, and Vyasa introduces her to Janamejaya as Abhimanyu's wife, and tells him that the son she was carrying would continue the race. Janamejaya touched her feet and she blessed him, and kept walking her way. Janamejaya then took the manuscript from Ganesh, and the movie ends.

I am confused.Isnt Janamejaya Abhimanyu's grandson then how is Abhimanyu's wife still pregnant when her grandson is all grown up
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

No, he's not mixing anybody. The credits list Uttara, Virata's daughter and Abhimanyu's wife, as I pointed out earlier. In which case, Uttara is Virata's son, then there is Virata's daughter and another actress is Abhimanyu's wife.
  • Virata's daughter - Amba Bihler -
  • Abhimanyu's wife - Hapsari Hardjito
  • Uttara - Lutfi Jakfar

Mixing up as in spelling wise. One of the girl's Arjuna taught would be Virata's daughter. The boy was Uttara, but should have been "Uttar"... as for Abhimanyu's wife - its not Uttara/Virata's daughter so it is a different actress
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Sabhayata: I am confused.Isnt Janamejaya Abhimanyu's grandson then how is Abhimanyu's wife still pregnant when her grandson is all grown up.
====
Anjana: If am not mistaken then Janamejaya is tagging along with Vyasa from the start of the story listening to it as he narrates and Ganesha writes it down.
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 years ago
246851 thumbnail

Sabhayata: I am confused.Isnt Janamejaya Abhimanyu's grandson then how is Abhimanyu's wife still pregnant when her grandson is all grown up.

====
Anjana: If am not mistaken then Janamejaya is tagging along with Vyasa from the start of the story listening to it as he narrates and Ganesha writes it down.

janmejaya is arjun's great grandson, not grandson. That was parikshit, who was killed by takshak
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: LeadNitrate

janmejaya is arjun's great grandson, not grandson. That was parikshit, who was killed by takshak

Patato - Aloo🤣🤣 *scratching head* I think we all mean the same thing --> Abhi's grandson = Arjuna's great grandson = Janamejaya = Parikshit's son
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So as per Peter brooks MB Janamejaya isnt Abhimanyu's grandson or what?how could Abhimanyu's wife still be pregnant and meet Janamejaya
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

So as per Peter brooks MB Janamejaya isnt Abhimanyu's grandson or what?how could Abhimanyu's wife still be pregnant and meet Janamejaya

He is time travelling through the past with Vyas during the tale🤣🤣 That is my best explanation. I am not creative enough to get my FFs produced into film though, so others might be able to give better insight into how else J is able to meet grandma while she pregnant with his dad.
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

====

Yeah, that's how it's presented. Unfortunately, nowhere in the movie is Janamejaya mentioned - I only figured it out b'cos Rehan (Rehanism) mentioned it.

Janamejaya sees a history of everything that goes on. After Krishna is cursed by Gandhari, he asks Krishna whether he's gonna die. Krishna tells him that 36 years after, he did die. Janamejaya asked him to tell him everything that he told Arjun b4 the war - the Gita - but Krishna told him that he could only say something once 😕 And then lay down & fell asleep.

I was disappointed w/ the post war coverage. The Ashwamedha yagna wasn't shown, neither was the Yadava fratricide. The next thing they showed was Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Kunti in a forest, and Dhritarashtra asking Gandhari to take off her blindfold (like in this serial). Gandhari lied to him, telling him that she had taken it off, when she hadn't and told Kunti a couple of things about never seeing her eyes b4. She then told Dhritarashtra that she saw a fire - which was approaching them. She asked Dhritarashtra to come w/ her into the fire, and that's how they perished.

The next sight was Yudisthir alone w/ a German Shepard at the bottom of a rope ladder, and Dharamraj there w/ him. Yudishtir narrated to him how his brothers & Draupadi had died on the way (so they didn't show it). Dharamraj told Yudisthir that he could come as long as he didn't bring his dog. Yudisthir refused and Dharamraj told him that he had passed his test. In heaven, Dharamraj asked him to kiss Duryodhan 🤢 and Yudisthir refused to indulge in such faggotry 😆 and demanded to be taken to where his brothers were. So he was taken in a dungeon (this part was pretty well depicted) and told to walk until he could no longer bear the stench, and turn back @ that point. When he did, he heard voices introducing themselves as Karna, Bhima, Arjun, Nakul, Sahadev & Draupadi, begging him to stay. He announced that he'd remain there. Dharamraj told him that his tests were over, and that is where the story ends.

The scene next goes to Janamejaya asking whether he belonged to a dead race, and then Abhimanyu's pregnant wife appeared there, and was introduced to him. He touched her feet and she blessed him and walked away. (Personally, I'd have preferred had she waited, and Janamejaya left w/ her, but that's just me.)