There isn't even a Virata war. Only Yuddhi describing the age of Kali
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
But how did Uttara also come in? They have in the credits, if you watch slowly
  • Uttara
  • Virata's daughter
  • Abhimanyu's wife
Is Uttara the son or daughter by that name? If there was no battle, how did Uttara even get noticed? There were no battle scenes in which he was killed - on day 1, Ghatotkacha was killed by Karna (here, they didn't exclude him from the war)
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Medha.S

Do every dwapar had different krishna or pandavas too?
I ask this because in devi puran, krishna was not an incarnation of vishnu but paravati.
Arjun was the incarnation of vishnu.
Krishna leaving his body was a bigg affair, pandavas and draupadi left their bodies with krishna.

That was in one of the kalpas. When their time was over on Earth, they all left almost together. At the end of that chapter, it is mentioned in other kalpa, Vishnuji incarnated as Krishna.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Anjana:I hope they show such PDA in starbharat would be good for the pratiyogita😆
Who married Abhimanyu in Peter Brook's MB then
Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

Everyone has a right to redemption. But, am not certain Ashwatama wanted to be redeemed. His actions to me suggest otherwise. Ratnakar realized his err and tried to make up for it. JMO.

Understood. I draw the line somewhere as far as redemption goes. Also, as you point out, there was no repentance on Ashwatthama's part. And even if there were, for me, this wouldn't qualify for redemption.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@Vrish & Sabhayata - i will try to solve the Uttara riddle when I watch the war...which happens after Krishna gyaan...the point I fell asleep😳 There is a son/boy shown in Virata that they interact with briefly.
-----
@Sabhayata - yeah they can totally show what PB showed minus the all sleeping together bit. I would like to see more than shoulder touching in consolation after A bring home S and VH.
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

@Anjana:I hope they show such PDA in starbharat would be good for the pratiyogita😆

Who married Abhimanyu in Peter Brook's MB then

Not mentioned. Abhimanyu himself doesn't make an appearance except somewhere in the middle of the war, when he enters the wheel formation and gets killed. After Duryodhan is wounded, Ashwatthama comes to him and describes how he massacred the Pandava camp, and killed the fetus that was their grandson. At the end of the movie, Janamejaya (never named in the show) asks Vyasa whether he belonged to a dead race. Then a young pregnant woman comes in, and Vyasa introduces her to Janamejaya as Abhimanyu's wife, and tells him that the son she was carrying would continue the race. Janamejaya touched her feet and she blessed him, and kept walking her way. Janamejaya then took the manuscript from Ganesh, and the movie ends.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Not mentioned. Abhimanyu himself doesn't make an appearance except somewhere in the middle of the war, when he enters the wheel formation and gets killed. After Duryodhan is wounded, Ashwatthama comes to him and describes how he massacred the Pandava camp, and killed the fetus that was their grandson. At the end of the movie, Janamejaya (never named in the show) asks Vyasa whether he belonged to a dead race. Then a young pregnant woman comes in, and Vyasa introduces her to Janamejaya as Abhimanyu's wife, and tells him that the son she was carrying would continue the race. Janamejaya touched her feet and she blessed him, and kept walking her way. Janamejaya then took the manuscript from Ganesh, and the movie ends.

Vrish - in that case he is mixing up Uttar and Uttara... Only boy shown in Virat. Based on dress he could be the king's son.
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Ashwatthama was exponentially worse than Ratnakar. Releasing the Brahmashira @ the womb of a pregnant Uttara just b'cos he couldn't recall it - he could just as easily have released it into a desert. No, I reject any scripture that has him play any future role.

True. For which he was also cursed to roam the earth in disease and loneliness , suffering , wishing for death for 3000yrs (other texts say till end of kaliyuga!!). How much punishment should he undergo for doing something in the heat of the moment?

He was angry at pandavas for killing his father by beheading him after he had dropped his weapons . Yes what he did was very very wrong, but the unborn child was revived, all others (even kauravas) went to heaven in the end while he is still supposedly at earth being punished for his one sin of his entire lifetime.

Why shouldnt he become a better person once his tenure of punishment is over? He would have learnt a lot during his days of punishment and his character would be much evolved.

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

True. For which he was also cursed to roam the earth in disease and loneliness , suffering , wishing for death for 3000yrs (other texts say till end of kaliyuga!!). How much punishment should he undergo for doing something in the heat of the moment?

He was angry at pandavas for killing his father by beheading him after he had dropped his weapons . Yes what he did was very very wrong, but the unborn child was revived, all others (even kauravas) went to heaven in the end while he is still supposedly at earth being punished for his one sin of his entire lifetime.

Why shouldnt he become a better person once his tenure of punishment is over? He would have learnt a lot during his days of punishment and his character would be much evolved.

Problem is lack of information on point for me. He didn't regret his action then - who knows if he has become a worse villain during the 3000 years...