Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ohh when my sisters and I said that there is more info out there and what people have termed starbharat is waay better we were driven away; ab bolo!!!😆😆

Anyways I have read quite a few interpretations of the Mb and have never taken KMG's 200 yr old translation to be the be all end all of the original MB because as my buddy Tannie and my sister say and I quote

"People keep on saying ved vyas did this, ved vyas did that, but have they read ved vyas original in sanskrit, do they know if a single ved vyas wrote it or a school of highly knowledgable scholars wrote MB? MB contains Gita, the creme of Hindu philosophy, which is considered the song by the Lord Himself, even probably to most people too.who do they think wrote that? Ved vyas? Then why is it so holy and so popular, even more than the un adultered rig veda? this is not questioning, just saying people saying is should be as per ved vyas and rest is POV is moot, because evena translated version is a POV provided by a writer. Even the translation of the eralist available MB was done 200 yrs back, after which many more researches came forth;

this MB has a lot of dramatization and imagination(!!!) but so did BRC MB. When people say ved vyas MB, they basically refer to the only audio visual one which is BRC. and it had many flaws as well. It was made suited to taste of people in the 80s. It did not show Dhritarastha and his own struggles, his refusal to accept his destiny, the human gandhari, bitchiness of madri, kunti and her political mind, how marrying draupadi to all pandavas were a political master stroke, the Lord here plays the role of a politician and king maker, and that is why he is born yaduvansh instead of any other khyatriya clan???

When people say original and authentic, it sounds so funny, every version, is nothing but a POV.

Even Jaya talks about how many people heard from someone who knew someone and birds and animals and even other beings...

now what we know of MB is <2% of MB and 98% is still unknown; so how does everything become the basis of ved vyaas's MB?"

I think a lot of Mb is open to interpretations and many people interpret it differently. I think Dr Pattnaik too agrees that Kunti wanted DPadi to marry all 5 brothers because she knew the other 4 were attracted to ehr; such was her beauty. he also says that the boon thing is used to overcome the awkwardness of the situation.

In Yagyaseni, the author paints Arjun as being hurt by the fact that he had to share Dpadi

There are hints of grey in a lot of characters in the MB; if I want to question i can start by questioning Yudi.

I suggest people here do not read Ajaya ever coz you will be scandalized.
I have my interpretation and personal opinion and I do believe DPadi loved Arjun the most although she was a loyal wife to all 5
Excerpts from Arjuna: story of a pandav loyal prince; perhaps this has been posted before...

Arjun always knew Draupadi, in the innermost recesses of her heart, had loved him, Arjuna more than the others. He had always known it but for fear of the Pandavas being torn apart by a forbidden love had given his deepest devotion to Subhadra. However, Arjun had come to realise very early on that he had always loved her back in equal measure -- Always

Anyways its all about belief at the end of the day;

And a member has said that Ramayan had many versions earlier; when I was saying that the philosophy to follow is Hari Anant Hari Katha Ananta Kahi Hi Sunahi Bahu Vidhi Sabh Santa; then again i was attacked and banished from the discussion thread.

So yeah!! And my opinion too like most of yours is what it is and aint changing. So I would rpefer that it is respected and attempts are not made at trying to change it.

Thank you

P.S. Jaya and Arjuna are close to what is believed to be the original MB is;
Edited by gossipgirl21 - 10 years ago
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ashwatthama the next vyas?
I have an important question.
If there have been 27 dwapar yugas before this one.
And if every dwapar has different vyas.
Do every dwapar had different krishna or pandavas too?
I ask this because in devi puran, krishna was not an incarnation of vishnu but paravati.
Arjun was the incarnation of vishnu.
Krishna leaving his body was a bigg affair, pandavas and draupadi left their bodies with krishna.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Anjana:As per Jaya Arjuna wasnt particularly insecure of Arjuna or Eklavya he was the worlds best archrer so he was kind of insecure about losing that position
Sahdev was smug becuase of his knowledge
Please eleborate more on the PDA between pandavas and drau in peter brook's MB
@Medha:Your inputs about Indonesian MB😆
Gandhari bathing in blood tryiing to kill Kunti and her sons
Shakuni molesting Kunti.They can show this now in starbharat as Kunti is now all alone in HP
Arjuna helping karna getting married.Was it like organizing secret love meeting or helping him win a swyambara.I hope they show the former in star baharat.
Shikhandidni marrying Arjuna.Would love to see Drau's reaction to this if its shown in this MB
I agree with you regarding Yajnaseni and POI.I dont why author's writing from Drau's perspective all show pandavas are terrible husbands who never cared for their wife and were bunch of lustfull men and Drau was always unhappy with them.I wnat to read a book from Drau's perspective in which pandavas are written as good husbands who loved and respected their wife
@Minakshi:Thanks for this thread i dont think i have laughed so much as much as i did while reading this thread
Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
246851 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gossipgirl21

Ohh when my sisters and I said that there is more info out there and what people have termed starbharat is waay better we were driven away; ab bolo!!!😆😆

Anyways I have read quite a few interpretations of the Mb and have never taken KMG's 200 yr old translation to be the be all end all of the original MB because as my buddy Tannie and my sister say and I quote

"People keep on saying ved vyas did this, ved vyas did that, but have they read ved vyas original in sanskrit, do they know if a single ved vyas wrote it or a school of highly knowledgable scholars wrote MB? MB contains Gita, the creme of Hindu philosophy, which is considered the song by the Lord Himself, even probably to most people too.who do they think wrote that? Ved vyas? Then why is it so holy and so popular, even more than the un adultered rig veda? this is not questioning, just saying people saying is should be as per ved vyas and rest is POV is moot, because evena translated version is a POV provided by a writer. Even the translation of the eralist available MB was done 200 yrs back, after which many more researches came forth;

this MB has a lot of dramatization and imagination(!!!) but so did BRC MB. When people say ved vyas MB, they basically refer to the only audio visual one which is BRC. and it had many flaws as well. It was made suited to taste of people in the 80s. It did not show Dhritarastha and his own struggles, his refusal to accept his destiny, the human gandhari, bitchiness of madri, kunti and her political mind, how marrying draupadi to all pandavas were a political master stroke, the Lord here plays the role of a politician and king maker, and that is why he is born yaduvansh instead of any other khyatriya clan???

When people say original and authentic, it sounds so funny, every version, is nothing but a POV.

Even Jaya talks about how many people heard from someone who knew someone and birds and animals and even other beings...

now what we know of MB is <2% of MB and 98% is still unknown; so how does everything become the basis of ved vyaas's MB?"

I think a lot of Mb is open to interpretations and many people interpret it differently. I think Dr Pattnaik too agrees that Kunti wanted DPadi to marry all 5 brothers because she knew the other 4 were attracted to ehr; such was her beauty. he also says that the boon thing is used to overcome the awkwardness of the situation.

In Yagyaseni, the author paints Arjun as being hurt by the fact that he had to share Dpadi

There are hints of grey in a lot of characters in the MB; if I want to question i can start by questioning Yudi.

I suggest people here do not read Ajaya ever coz you will be scandalized.
I have my interpretation and personal opinion and I do believe DPadi loved Arjun the most although she was a loyal wife to all 5
Excerpts from Arjuna: story of a pandav loyal prince; perhaps this has been posted before...

Arjun always knew Draupadi, in the innermost recesses of her heart, had loved him, Arjuna more than the others. He had always known it but for fear of the Pandavas being torn apart by a forbidden love had given his deepest devotion to Subhadra. However, Arjun had come to realise very early on that he had always loved her back in equal measure -- Always

Anyways its all about belief at the end of the day;

And a member has said that Ramayan had many versions earlier; when I was saying that the philosophy to follow is Hari Anant Hari Katha Ananta Kahi Hi Sunahi Bahu Vidhi Sabh Santa; then again i was attacked and banished from the discussion thread.

So yeah!! And my opinion too like most of yours is what it is and aint changing. So I would rpefer that it is respected and attempts are not made at trying to change it.

Thank you

P.S. Jaya and Arjuna are close to what is believed to be the original MB is;

And I support what nishi is saying here, about different versions and the possibility of them equally be true by quoting the following from every single mytho book of Dr. Dedvutt Pattnaik,

Within infinite myths lies the Eternal Truth Who sees it all? Varuna has but a thousand eyes
Indra, a hundred And I, only two

Pattanaik, Devdutt (2010-08-16). Jaya: An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharata . Penguin Books Ltd. Kindle Edition.
Edited by LeadNitrate - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I just watched the Peter Brooke clip - the part from where I hadn't. In the credits, Virata's daughter was listed as one person, and Abhimanyu's wife as someone else? 😕
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@Sabhayata - Peter B isn't that racy... beyond all of them sleeping together🤣 and not only once, but habitually as there is a 2nd scene during exile: Hdimba asks Bheem to marry her. Bheem says I already have a wife - she is sleeping over there pointing towards a pseudo tent (no roof!). Hdimba goes and peeks over the top and sees her sleeping with Yuddhistira😳. She questions Bhim that your wife is sleeping with another man. He replies not just anyman - My Brother. She sleeps with all five of us. Hdimb interrupts and three bros (Y,N,S) and Draupadi pop up from the tented area🤣🤣 Infer from above what you may... i think its safe to extrapolate Arjuna was never exiled for entering Yuddh's chamber in Peter B's version of mahabharat. Certainly no such interruption was ever shown.

Beyond above - there were PDAs of them kissing her hand, resting their head on her breast/chest, hugs, kissing her forehead, her sitting on their lap. All within permissible bounds of what StarP can air - and has aired on other non-mytho shows.

If there is more than that in Part 2 I will let you know.
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

@Vrish:

WHY indigestible??

ratnakar. a bandit can become valmiki and write ramayana so why not aswatthama?

Ashwatthama was exponentially worse than Ratnakar. Releasing the Brahmashira @ the womb of a pregnant Uttara just b'cos he couldn't recall it - he could just as easily have released it into a desert. No, I reject any scripture that has him play any future role.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I just watched the Peter Brooke clip - the part from where I hadn't. In the credits, Virata's daughter was listed as one person, and Abhimanyu's wife as someone else? 😕

I watched the Virata part. No marriage to Abhimanyu occurs. Arjuna teaches rather young girls -not even teenage.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Everyone has a right to redemption. But, am not certain Ashwatama wanted to be redeemed. His actions to me suggest otherwise. Ratnakar realized his err and tried to make up for it. JMO.
Vr15h thumbnail
Yeah, I recall - in this one, Virata didn't offer his daughter to Arjun