Frequent Posters

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

LTL Written Update

Episode~ 127

5th July 2010

Dutta's den

The episode picks up from the point where Naku looks down sadly at his folded black pathiani with tenderness. She sighs, as she moves over to his table and picks up his files.. doing wifely chores like before, Naku walks to his wardrobe and puts his stuff away. She looks distantly at the pot of vermillion on his dressing table,and moves toward's it and picks it up and his voice rings out, today I release you from that punishment, this relationship , and myself ..devastated , she walks away to her trunk on the floor with the vermillion pot in her hand, crouches and begins to pack.. Babi suddenly arrives and stands in the doorway, and miffed she says to Naku , what are you doing? Naku stops and Babi looks puzzled and marches militantly and sits on the floor and confronts her daughter., I asked you what are you doing huh? Naku is speechless and Babi shouts, Bhau says, marriage finished! so it ends! is he god himself? without thinking he put vermillion on you! I never said anything! who is he anyway to decide your fate? huh! Babi protests, I am not going to take you away from here like this! I will demand for an answer from Bhau! she threatens. I'll ask Aye Sahib who has given them the right to play with my daughters life! give this to me and she pulls Naku's folded clothes from her hand and knocks t by accident, the pot of vermillion across the floor.. Naku frowns at the tipped pot on the floor. Babi looks at it in horror then looks at Naku! what have I done? she screams, what kind of ill omen have I brought about ? and she pinches up some with her finger tips, Deva! if you can't do anything good for us! then why do you create problems for us! she moans, ohhh! spilt all your vermillion on the floor! and she frantically collects as much as she can again with her fingertips. Naku says, why are you collecting it Aye? in whose name I put it on , he snatched the right from me to do so.. Babi ,challenges Naku , snatched the right ? how did you let that happen? huh? why didn't you say something? why didn't you want an answer from him? huh?what was your fault? you did so much for him! what has happened to you all of a sudden? what was your fault ? you are his wife! you have full right over him! why aren't you fighting for your right? how can you just accept defeat? For heaven sake! you are Babi's daughter, you cannot accept defeat! ask them ! come with me now! she orders and nearly drags Naku by the arm out of Dutta's room! Naku stops her midway and holds on to her mother's hands, Aye ! I don't need to ask anything from any one! don't have anything to say.. Babi turns to her and asks , you saying or asking anything? you don't speak! but I will! threatens Babi. I'll ask him what kind of fairness is this? the one who saved your life you kick out of the house! what kind of justice is this from Dutta ShriRam Patil? huh? Naku sighs and feels her mother's hand, Aye! what ever I did , it was for love, how can I put a price on that? I am not bothered that he has told me to leave this house. I am upset because he has decided to remove me from his life! what use is such a house where love doesn't abide.. Aye you said , wealth, money , status has no meaning if there is no love.. shelter does not matter Aye, us poor folk will find someplace.. we'll leave.. Babi smiles at her sadly, what big words you use! you've grown up have you? you that has etched his face in your heart! how will you survive? Naku turns her face from her mother to fac Bappa's idol in his room.. whatever direction Bappa shows me, I'll walk upon it.. I only want love.. she looks around and says, our connection with his house has ended Aye ! as long as you and Bappa are beside me, I have the strength to survive!

Out house

Baji enters Babi's room and comes across a mess of utensils and clothes ready for packing. He addresses Ganpat who sits on the bed in despair, what's up with you Ganpat? Ganpat runs to him Baji Bhau how about a bottle of booze! Baji teases, what! you'll pack that too? Ganpat laughs, you making fun of me Baji Bhau? Ganpat says, I tell you the truth this world doesn't favour the poor! Baji looks up at him and consoles him, oh stop it Ganpat stop getting wimpy like a girl! don't you worry !Bhau has arranged for a place in the new town, including your food provisions plus booze for a year! Ganpat is ecstatic! then Baji pulls out a bundle of cash from his trouser pocket! , and here take this he presses the money on Ganpat's palm , Bhau has given it. Ganpat pretends to reject it by showing fake integrity, no! no! this is my daughter's in law's home, how can I accept money? Baji coerces him , yes Ganpat ,it's Bhau's order, you'll have to accept the cash! look you heading for a new city, you'll need it to set up your life with the wife and kids anew, so keep it! here! Baji insists and Ganpat resists but accepts eventually and says to Baji , thanks Saab!! Baji Bhau ,actually , don't feel like accepting money ,but what to do have a young daughter in the family, whose returned home even after getting married, now I have to sort her life out too. Baji understands what Ganpat is after.. more cash! and Baji pulls out some more cash and walks up to Ganpat with it, look Ganpat keep this Bhau has said, Baji ensure that they leave this place happily here take this, Ganpat refuses again but Baji says, this is not for you but your daughter so keep it..ok you organise your luggage, the car will arrive shortly and I'll drop you all to the city.. Baji says and leaves.. Ganpat greedily counts all the money! this scene shows the power of money , which buys the weak and vulnerable .. also how the rich can buy a clean conscience with their cash..

Aye Sahib arranges a parting gift for? Naku and Babi enter her room. and she smiles benignly especially at Naku.. and admits, Naku I have misunderstood you, you won't get it ,but your mother will, after all she too is a mother. My son had many upheavals in his life, which left me unable to decide the difference between right or wrong.. you were subjected to gross injustice, but I was blinded and couldn't do much.. but whatever happened Naku it was all done unintentionally don't take it to heart, think of me like your mother.. you'll forgive me won't you?..so Aye Sahib has admitted that she has no mental capability of her own.. she is easily dissuaded and bowled over by other influences.. yet again another one from Dutta's household thinking.. say sorry and get a clear conscience.. an embarrassed Naku fumbles, Aye Sahib.. you are truly like my own mother.. I swear on Bappa I have no grievance against anyone..Aye Sahib smiles and says come here.. sit by me.. and Naku attempts to sit on the floor but Aye makes her sit next to her at the foot of her bed.. who can fight with fate? it's already decided.. we are just puppets in it's hands and dance to it's tunes.. another lie.. trying to dump one's miscarriages of on fate.. Naku listens morosely .. Aye Sahib covers up for her son's demeanours, my son Dutta was not like this before, it's destinythat has made him such, seems he's dancing to the whims of fate.. we all have have our joys and sorrows handed to us by our destinies, but Naku I have a belief that the more we are tested the bigger reward we receive in the end...and I also believe that your bright future is about to dawn.. she smiles at Naku and says , wait here , I am coming back ..and she gives a green sari with a pot of vermillion to Babi.. a gift for a married woman specifically.. Babi turn and looks at a forlorn Naku..is her daughter a married woman too?.. she touches Aye sahibs feet out of respect and gets blessed. Then Aye Sahib picks the second folded sari for Naku but not the pot of vermillion.. Naku accepts and Babi is stunned to see that Aye Sahib treats Naku like an unmarried girl..i.e not as Dutta's wife. then both mother and daughter leave without saying anything..

Dutta's den

Dutta's door is wide open. He enters and looks around and unknowingly stands of the spilt vermillion on the floor that Babi had spilt. He notices the idol of Bappa was not there on his sideboard any more.. he turns away and recalls his circumnavigations with Naku ..how she walked on glass.. is it the cruelty of fate? or am I blind?.. he has a FB when he says, you are tiny ,but you talk big .. wish my heart was soft like yours; by the way have you ever been in love? and her reply.. no Saab .. Dutta walks to his dresser and looks at himself in the mirror and growls.. you were full of yourself.. you smashed my might.. couldn't understand you! nor my heart.. he turns away from his mirror troubled and moves to his window and parts the curtains angrily and looks out.. his fingers cut into the drapes. He juts his mouth stubbornly , closes the curtains and strolls than presses his hand on a pillar in his room.. deep in thought. he hears her voice .. Saab... he goes humm?.. and looks up across..and finds her standing sedately in his doorway.. he checks her , top to toe.. she comes closer , raises her hand, from which hangs his pendant that he gave her as her mangalsutra .. Dutta looks at her hand with her mangalsutra clasped in the palm.. episode ends, Hamlet53~ 20.2.14

Precap: this is what you wanted... to become Bhau's wife? with great attitude you said, if Bhau say's you'll leave.. well it's done now.. your wish is granted..

When one kind person decides to maintain silence on a serious issue that has implications on that person's life.. that silence becomes golden.. it stirs people to evaluate themselves.. such a message comes through this episode.. Naku's coming to terms with the change that has taken place in her life.. forces in the gentlest of manner.. Aye Sahib as his mother to assess the decision that Dutta takes..

But Babi.. Naku's mother breaks her silence.. in a vociferous no nonsense manner.

Well, Babi certainly questions the power a man holds in the relationship pf marriage. In context, she empowers her daughter to question his decision, as Babi sees it as a poor reward for the loyal services her daughter has given to Dutta Bhau.. there, Dutta is being forgiving and magnanimous in setting Naku free..but here , Babi sees it as gross injustice meted out to Naku.. her question who does he think he is god? that he enforces his actions.. like the gunpoint marriage !and now he decides to annul the marriage.. but Babi knows full well that Naku does accept Dutta as her god.. her husband .. this is culturally accepted.. but Babi is perhaps right that under the circumstances , the verdict may well be debated and challenged. Except with Naku I fear that it means, to question his decision will be contrary to her unconditional love for him.. i.e , give up her marriage rights.. for she loves Saab.. love makes odd demands on people...

Yet on the other hand, Naku's silence stirs Aye Sahib into confessing her weak stand regarding Naku's fate.. she blames destiny and defends her son, but finally does admit that she couldn't use her positional wisdom as the elder of the household, to take a sane decision ..such a weak woman she proves to be.. her manner towards Naku seems condescending to me.. her wishes seem hollow.. just words.

Babi on the other hand although being highly strung by Dutta's decision, still is gracious enough to learn from her young daughter's good sensibility and fortitude.. and reins in her anger in support of her daughter's wishes..

Ganpat though, keeps morals at bay and accepts cash from Baji as a payment for displacement.. in other words practices the art of using people when he can.. hard core realist.. Naku grinds at the mill and he ends up with the flour!

N.B~many thanks for reading the previous WU..fassben, twinks, tha', Naku, bart, warrie, tammy

Twinky best of luck for your exams mate... go for it! this song is for you..!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15zvhb_chandni-chowk-to-china-chak-lein-de-video-full-song_shortfilms

Edited by Hamlet53 - 10 years ago
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nice episode babi nakku confrontation aayisahib big lesson and nakku giving dutta his phansi back but dutta thinking na tu samajh aayi na samajh aaya ye dil declares that somewhere nakku reached to his heart without his knowledge baji giving ganpat ghoos
dilse14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi hamletwonderful ud...sad for naku...
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Couldnt wait to say a few words ๐Ÿ˜ณ I could read/watch these two episodes any number of times.. If the last episode was all about dutta n his misplaced self atonement/judgement, naku stole the show in this one with silence. Graceful, pure, unwavering in her beliefs n yet strong with the inner strength to withstand the pain n rejection. She was thankfully not shown wailing or even shedding tears, not even anger. She stole my heart in her silent conviction to gracefully accept rejection n moveon. Woaw thats such a ๐Ÿ˜ƒpowerful act, a lesson to learn indeed. Also What a deadly combo the duo are.. if one was all about brutal physical strength, power, charisma the other was all about quiet conviction, inner strength n endless patience n perseverance.
Babi even thou had every right to be enraged ultimately had to bow to naku. Afterall it was a matter of heart n not a marriage with a pre-nuptial agreement.
AS,s character has lived upto the reputation of being weak, inept n unbecoming of an elderly person.. the less said the better. So is ganpat, no surprises there too but baji disappointed me. He didnt find it one bit uncomfortable buyin bachelorhood for his bhao, insensitive n objectionable act totally. Also the disappoint stems from the fact that he was mostly shown just following dutta,s orders, in a way subserviant to dutta rather than having the mettle or the strength to show his "friend" the mirror, pity ๐Ÿ˜’ Awaiting ur strong rebuttal on this for sure ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thank you hammie for the annotations n the update

@twinky.. Best wishes for the examinations, will miss your shots n gifs but you concentrate on the task at hand, take care
Edited by -bharti- - 10 years ago
twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Warda.

Twinky good luck for your semester exams...do well dear friend I'm sure you will make us proud ๐Ÿ˜Š

Will be praying for your success ...All the best:)
Going to miss ltl shots you used to post...hopefully we will get you back in full form soon ๐Ÿ˜Š

Awww Warrieee...๐Ÿค—...Thanks sooo much for your sweeet well wishes my dearest friend.๐Ÿค—...It means a lot to me..๐Ÿค—.sweeet friend.๐Ÿค—.. miss you dear...๐Ÿ˜ญ.Take care...Loved your previous WU comment โค๏ธ...Sooo sweeet of you.๐Ÿค—...Big hug from twinky baby...๐Ÿค—

P.S:- Oh Warriee..you are such an innocent & silent baby.๐Ÿค—..Please Do some naughty at hammie lion's class dear...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰...Twinky baby will back to class sooon dear๐Ÿค—...Take care..Please Do pray for easy question papers dear..๐Ÿค—..
Edited by twinkle-star - 10 years ago
twinkle-star thumbnail
Hi My sweetest lion๐Ÿค—
Awww hammieee lion..๐Ÿค—..Thanks sooo much for your sweeet wishes & advices dear.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—...It means a lot to me
โค๏ธ...Awww hammieee.โค๏ธ.Thanks a ton for your energetic song dear.โค๏ธ...Its like an enery boosterโค๏ธ...loved the lyrics dear..โค๏ธ...Dil khush kar Ditta..โค๏ธ..Sweeet hammiee lion.๐Ÿค—...Miss you soo much dear..๐Ÿ˜ญ...miss your sweet dahaad too.๐Ÿ˜ญ...Sweeet thread & sweet friends๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—...i know hammie lion is in a happy mood now.๐Ÿ˜›..Big relief from Twinky baby's torture.๐Ÿ˜›..uummh one week..๐Ÿ˜ญ.uummh my warriee is an innocent baby student..๐Ÿค—...Twinky Baby will return to your class with more naughtiness dear.๐Ÿ˜›.take care...baby will try to catch the sweet updates on her break times.๐Ÿค—...Big hug from twinky baby...๐Ÿค—

Edited by twinkle-star - 10 years ago
twinkle-star thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bharti-

Couldnt wait to say a few words ๐Ÿ˜ณ I could read/watch these two episodes any number of times.. If the last episode was all about dutta n his misplaced self atonement/judgement, naku stole the show in this one with silence. Graceful, pure, unwavering in her beliefs n yet strong with the inner strength to withstand the pain n rejection. She was thankfully not shown wailing or even shedding tears, not even anger. She stole my heart in her silent conviction to gracefully accept rejection n moveon. Woaw thats such a ๐Ÿ˜ƒpowerful act, a lesson to learn indeed. Also What a deadly combo the duo are.. if one was all about brutal physical strength, power, charisma the other was all about quiet conviction, inner strength n endless patience n perseverance.

Babi even thou had every right to be enraged ultimately had to bow to naku. Afterall it was a matter of heart n not a marriage with a pre-nuptial agreement.
AS,s character has lived upto the reputation of being weak, inept n unbecoming of an elderly person.. the less said the better. So is ganpat, no surprises there too but baji disappointed me. He didnt find it one bit uncomfortable buyin bachelorhood for his bhao, insensitive n objectionable act totally. Also the disappoint stems from the fact that he was mostly shown just following dutta,s orders, in a way subserviant to dutta rather than having the mettle or the strength to show his "friend" the mirror, pity ๐Ÿ˜’ Awaiting ur strong rebuttal on this for sure ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thank you hammie for the annotations n the update

@twinky.. Best wishes for the examinations, will miss your shots n gifs but you concentrate on the task at hand, take care

awee Bharti๐Ÿค—
Thanks sooo much for your sweeet wishes dear.๐Ÿค—..sooo sweeet of you dear.๐Ÿค—..Loved your comment sooo much.โค๏ธ..Miss you dear๐Ÿ˜ญ...baby will back soon๐Ÿค—..Take care...Big hug from twinky baby๐Ÿค—

tahera57 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey twinkle nice to see you took time out from studies and comment, don't worry about missing class for a week, Hammie is a good teacher she always wants her pupils to study well and get top grades...we will miss u but pray for u and anyone else who has semesters going on. your colourful reminders r everywhere and will keep us smiling until your exams r over. GOOD LUCK.
tahera57 thumbnail
Dutta metes out punishments as he sees fit, he married Nakku not in a fit of rage but after drinking, thinking then deciding how to punish BOTH of them... this time he thinks hard again not only justice for victims but for imprisoning a whole family without solid proof and reward for their good deed also how best to punish the perpetrator.
he's not 100% sure of her innocence so he could except her in his life or give her a choice even... based on innocent until proven guilty he makes a decision to give them their freedom and punish HIMSELF.
As dutta walks into the room, he's not a happy man he sees the empty spaces where her things used to be now this room is prison to an empty life... A LIFE SENTENCE OF LONELINESS is given, like when judge breaks a pen after giving the death sentence Dutta walks over the sindoor, to confirm he will never have a chance to live like a married man... no one is ever going to convince him to walk into a mandap again... Dutta has done justice... given punishment befitting his crime in his eyes.
CVS let us down badly again by not letting Baji speak some sense into Dutta, as was shown b4, he could influence Dutta,give advice where needed... he did put his little doubts in DUtta's mind, but mayb wasn't convinced enough himself to argue Nakku's case properly.
AS the less said the better shows a typical indian MIL, who has 3 daughters of her own yet not understanding Babi's pain, unwilling to admit any wrong doing adding salt to Babi's wounds by giving her ameagre parting gift and a pathetic apology ๐Ÿ˜ก didn't befit an influential lady to whom people came to seek justice as was implied and given the title of village AS. thank u Hammie for your brilliant ud. mera omment kuch inadequate lagta hai uskay samnay but hum nikammay log hain koi talent nahin with words like u.
twinky thinking of u so included THIS [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVYuFUA5qw[/YOUTUBE]
may u get top marks in your exams like u do on the forum for being a 1st class super duper student.
@ bharti loved your comment.
Edited by tahera57 - 10 years ago
Warda. thumbnail
Hi hammie:)
lucky you enjoying the bestest phase of ltl. ..i love these episodes to core...One of the most dignified partition is taking place ...i was actually stunned by naku, s silence she didn't moan or cry but gracefully accepted his decision without any complaints showing how unconditional her love was...

AS is once again proving to be a pendulum...now when her son has forgiven her she is good otherwise she wasn't. ..agree with you completely that they are clearing their conscious by just asking forgiveness ...without thinking how much their actions had hurt the other person...ganpat arrrgghh less said the better about him man with zero dignity and self respect who is happily taking money on his daughter, s name without thinking what price actually his daughter had paid ..

Dutta uff still confused ...but love the whole scene in his room best one of this episode ...The way he is getting restless already lol I think the struggle already started to let her go or what because I don't think right now he was anywhere considering to stop her...i loved how he unconsciously said that hmmm when she called him saab as if he was already occupied by her thoughts and there she was.

naku won the show with her silence ...she doesn't need any words to convey her message her silence did all the talking ...He too is definitely shaken by it...not a single question or complaint ...are you for real nakusha ๐Ÿ‘
How her silence affected dutta it reminds me of an u rdu verse
"usay meri chup nay rula diya jisay guftugu main kamaal tha"
It says [ the one who was master of words came down to his knees due to my silence]
Thanks a lot hammie enjoyed every word of your update and your analysis.
Edited by Warda. - 10 years ago