cssudha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Regarding Raman I had a small doubt...

Why he was shown in two different shades ? I mean his current demeanour is totally different from his past...I understand that in the past hez just an employee and today hez a CEO and so the change in his body language and attitude but from the flashbacks, I see him as an immature, innocent , goody and a sweet kind of a guy whose world just revolves around Shagun and his kids...Hez more like his family is his world kind!!

And If only that bitter incident ( Shagun's deceit) had drastically changed him and evolved him as to whom hez is today, then I would say, the growth in him was excellent!! I would definitely love to see his past in detail!! And Karan's portrayal as Raman was amazing!! Looking forward to more of his scenes!!

Do share ur views!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radhu-taarey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
ya even i wanna to c fb scene of raman n shagun... but i'm liking the angry young man bt ya wanna to c tht also... n i liked this changes... KaranPatel the perfect Raman 😊
cssudha thumbnail
@ Raadu: Yes, even I like this side of Raman who is full of attitude and all but still I tend to know his past!! Ofcourse its because of Karan we were able to relate Raman!!😳
cssudha thumbnail
Also all the variations were very nicely portrayed by Karan!! Haven't seen his work before but as Raman hez rocking!! Come on guys!! Share ur views on Raman!!
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
very good. Post.
he has two shades in yhm, one is goofy,bhola,innocent n easily manipulative. The other is brave,angry,loving but kn closed shell coz of past.. Like a coconut I hope ishu break this coconut n his turmoil all goes.
Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I like the transition too... The old Raman lived in a cocoon. All he wanted was a life with his wife and kids. I feel along with Shagun Raman too was equally responsible for the break in their marriage... As they say 'Only love is not enough'... I felt the old Raman was too rigid and sugary in his thoughts and beliefs... which added fuel to the already breaking marriage. Shagun leaving him was an eye opener for him... It made him bitter, made him change his ways, made him more of a 'real' person... One who is very different from his idealistic past. Ha yes! Karan has portrayed both these Avatars superbly! Agree with you Sudha...
cssudha thumbnail

Originally posted by: babycakes23

very good. Post.

he has two shades in yhm, one is goofy,bhola,innocent n easily manipulative. The other is brave,angry,loving but kn closed shell coz of past.. Like a coconut I hope ishu break this coconut n his turmoil all goes.

Thank you!!

And yes exactly, he has become more mature, independent and ofcourse strong!! I really hope once Ishita come into his life, he would have a shoulder to cry on and share his turmoil...Cant wait for those times!!
cssudha thumbnail
@ Raveena : I agree that both of them were equally responsible for their break up and ppl like them who loves to have their own way of living cannot understand each other wants and thats the reason might allowed them to have a bitter relationship!!

Btw, loved ur signature!! Cannot forget our PV!!
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Raman was a people pleaser at first. Perhaps this can be traced to being the eldest and being made to feel responsible from a young age, and also psychologically, to having strong parental influence in the form of the mother who is a good woman and mother no doubt, but has a forceful and colorful personality. Raman therefore perhaps grew up rather timid and unassertive as he had a low self esteem. Often people with low self esteem feel a sense of purpose in caring and living for another. When he married Shagun, it was as though Raman's sole purpose in life to keep her happy and contented. When despite his best efforts he could not retain Shagun's affections, Raman underwent a total personality makeover. The shadow side of being a doormat is to harbor severe anger, resentment and hatred. We see all this in the current portrayal of Raman. He is embittered and has overcompensated for his insecurities through external props of job, career goals, etc. But his internal psyche is as hollow as a dried out gourd. He is emotionally challenged, and incapable of expressing affection even for his young daughter. As though to shield himself from further hurt, Raman has retreated into a strong cage of his own making, which has become a prison that silently suffocates him. Therefore he has no joy in his life. He cannot leave this cage of defenses and offenses, because he is too insecure, and he cannot remain in the cage as all the barbs that he throws at others boomerang back to hurt him repeatedly.

The "real" Raman, I think, is somewhere in between these two polar opposites of being a total doormat, and being this cold unfeeling corporate head. That is what the purpose of the marriage to Ishita might be set to achieve. She will have her hands full in trying to make him toe the middle path, in trying to awaken love for his child. Therefore I am interested in the future tracks to see where this will lead.
cssudha thumbnail
@aimf : Firstly, so good to have these kind of detailed discussions after a long time...Great post indeed!! I understand, the conflict in him doesn't allow him to explore his feelings and emotions and that is where Ishita might be a ray of hope and bring the "real" Raman out in open!! And one thing I got to observe in this new Raman was hez so engaged in his job priorities such that hez unknowingly backing himself from the love he getting from his loved ones(Ruhi)...This again might be because of his insecurities!! So I would say, the same love would make him free later on!! And currently though hez not true to his heart, I like this transition in him!!