SimSimmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
This thread is not related to YHM in any way. This is just to share my distress and views on society. I am disheartened at the headline I just saw on tv- " A 20 year old woman being gang raped in Delhi. Her family refused to accept her relationship with a tribal man so the head (elders) of her village felt it was right to get her assaulted." :( As a person being interested in societal and atrocities faced by women, I feel sad, hurt and belittled. I am really confused as to where women stand in the world. As a woman I feel unsafe and victimised because there is no proper security/law or safety unit in protecting the respect and dignity.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cssudha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Absolutely...Even today its still the same!! Only few ppl have started being progressive and not everyone... especially ppl in the backward areas...And I HATE when ppl say woman should be careful always...my foot!! Why cant they just bang their heads then n there instead of blaming women in return :/
SimSimmer thumbnail

Originally posted by: cssudha

Absolutely...Even today its still the same!! Only few ppl have started being progressive and not everyone... especially ppl in the backward areas...And I HATE when ppl say woman should be careful always...my foot!! Why cant they just bang their heads then n there instead of blaming women in return :/

I agree with u. Since the last incident..I posted a similar thread to this and I was so shocked at the responses I have gotten. :( blaming it one the way of dressing etc etc. If women have that ill mentality of the situation then I really don't expect men to react better. :(
DivianTanz_Divz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ramkideewani23

I agree with u. Since the last incident..I posted a similar thread to this and I was so shocked at the responses I have gotten. :( blaming it one the way of dressing etc etc. If women have that ill mentality of the situation then I really don't expect men to react better. :(

Yeah! Exactly. Why it is always to be a woman to tolerate everything, every rule, every crime? If men also could have compromised to the same extent, this wouldn't happen.
priyanka3677 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
its hurting to see how elders can be so abusive
SimSimmer thumbnail

Originally posted by: priyanka3677

its hurting to see how elders can be so abusive

yes so true:(