ZaYa's nikah: expectations VS reality

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
So I remember seeing the first promo(s) if them both saying "nahi" to the nikah and instantly I thought of the Qubool Hai route where the girl [or even guy] is going to run away and that's going to lead to misunderstandings. I then thought about what must have happened for them to not want to get married to each other? So here is what I expected to happen, and what really happened.

Expectation: Aaliya and Zain's nikah is set up by the families but Zain doesn't want to marry her as he is in love with someone else.
Reality: Aaliya is engaged to someone else and Zain simply ends up accidently in the middle.

Expectation: Love/hate relationship, Zain and Aaliya have no choice but to marry for the sake of their family.
Reality: Not exactly like that but they do dislike each other sort of, Zain and Aaliya are asked to marry as it was Zain's fault for Aaliya's ruined nikah.

Expectation: Somehow someone from the family is going to get hurt and is going to be in a hospital that leads to the impromptu wedding
Reality: True, Aliya's dad did get a stroke but it was mild and he was treated asap, no hospital scene needed. The stroke wasn't the reason for the wedding but for Aaliya's parents being badnamed.

Expectation: The marriage talks happen and Zain hates Aaliya and both don't get a chance to talk about what they want until after the nikah
Reality: Both plan to persuade their parents against this nikah!

So... that was just a few and although I've been partly right on some occasions, I'm pleased that there were some differences and it wasn't outright typical of indian shows! 😛 So... What were YOUR expectations vs reality?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Dil- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Agreed. Same story with me too.😆
I thought after watching the promos that it was going to be just another sulky marriage drama where the leads would be forever either sulky or grumpy...But the playfulness of ZaYa came as a complete and unexpected delightful surprise to me.

I had quite a low expectation of the leads acting as it happens to be either's debut on TV...But once again I'm pleasantly surprised..😃

All in all BI itself has come as a breath of fresh air for me just when i was about to write off Indian shows...😳
Pizzaologist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I love how Beintehaa is so unpredictable.. it makes it special ;)

-Maryam.K- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Beautifully Written!! All those are sooo true!!