Dowry and Calling off Marriage

.S.A. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
For once I wanted a girl to walk with her head held high after calling off her marriage but I guess soapland is too cliched to expect something like this.

Zain Aliya marriage was always on cards but the way they proceeded with the characters gave me hope ke maybe maybe they will not go the cliched way.

I hope the mudslinging is kept to minimum and they do not make Aliya a weeping girl at mercy of Suraiya. That will be disappointing to such a promising start to a show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AmyPree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Exactly! Love Aliya's character and Pree has done a fab job.
ennishet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Totally agree!
I hate the crying, sobbing, pathetic looking female leads ... let them be strong for gods sake!
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Agree but i feel after this Aaliya will become more strong
-FreeSpirit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Very much agreed
Aliya should continue be showed as the strong lead and one whose brains are intact😳
TheGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Actually I Disagree.
What Aliya Did .. She Cant Actually Hold Her Head High.
Yah The Zeeshan And Gang Are Cheap And Greedy But They have a very strong point against her.

Yes She Should Give them Back over the dowry thing but she is completely wrong in the character thing, This is society mate
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I quite liked how aaliya stood up to the issue with regards to dowry and really brought in the imams to get that religious proof that its not allowed. I don't feel she will become a weeping bahu, suraiya has always taunted aaliya one way or the other, and aaliya has always responded back but with a smile...she's sort of attacked back but with words... a meethi churi... and suraiya has been left gobsmacked... I don't think she'll be the typical crying bahu...aaliya's much more than that... she's a strong girl... she will no doubt respect her elders and will make it a point 2 voice her opinions but not in a rude manner... I don't think aaliya should have her head lowered in shame becos none of their allegations were true... they weren't having an affair behind zeeshan's back... she very well knew about her limitations once she found out the truth abt zeeshan being her fianc and not zain. she's never consciously flirted with zain, its always been zain that's flirted and u cant blame aaliya for what zain did... I personally feel that although every1 will think the allegations r true, as long as she knows they aren't she has nothing to be ashamed of and should walk with her head held up high.
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 10 years ago
.S.A. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -AkkiLuvsNBT-

Agree but i feel after this Aaliya will become more strong

I hope so too. It would be such a loss to see her be sehmi huwi inbetween Jaan and Jahaan 😛 Show will become a torture which I am not interested in enduring. So hoping for a strong Aliya post marriage too.
.S.A. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desigirl_21

Very much agreed

Aliya should continue be showed as the strong lead and one whose brains are intact😳

this be the thing. ⭐️
.S.A. thumbnail

Originally posted by: saranghaesj1

Actually I Disagree.

What Aliya Did .. She Cant Actually Hold Her Head High.
Yah The Zeeshan And Gang Are Cheap And Greedy But They have a very strong point against her.

Yes She Should Give them Back over the dowry thing but she is completely wrong in the character thing, This is society mate

What is that she did ??? Agree that Zeeshan's family saw objectionable thing but then again they did know they are cousins and whatever objection they had should have been questioned. No girl deserves humiliation just because of standing close to a cousin or whatever male species.

Its does not happen in real world, it should not happen in TV world so often either. In fact in every freaking show. I am yet to come to a show where a girl called off marriage and the accusation have not been staged in a manner that made the girl look guilty and she was married off against her consent.