Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
@mythili,sukanya and poojie:Thanks for the awesome creations
looking forward to next week just to see pooja's wonderful acting
BTW in precap they showed Arjuna asking Draupadi to marry Yudhishtir only.How will that solve the problem?Did any one understand
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, arjun did ask draupadi to marry yudhishtira as he is the eldest.
E.G. bhishma winning the sisters for vichitravirya and duri asking karn to win the comp. So duri could marry her.
Yudhi could make bhima marry her since he was yudhis second and i think he did ask bhima but he refused for arjun.Nakul asked sahdev.
It was complicated.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Medha:My question is that here the main issue was that kunti asked all 5 brother's to share Draupadi so they needed to comply to her command in someway
Hence how would Draupadi's marriage only to yudi solve this issue?
Also did arjun even in the epic ask Draupadi to marry yudi only?From what i remember Arjun just himself refused to marry Draupadi till Yudi and Bheem were married
And yes welcome back as well have seen you in this forum after a very long time
Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lol thanks.
I was talking about the epic only.
I think she said that she will take her words back or something.
Now, yudhi being the eldest is the first choice to marry.Yudhi refuses and asks bheem who refuses too all out of guilt i guess.
I dont know what they will show in the serial though.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Choo cute she is ❤️ Arjun says "Aap aap rona band kijiye" n she cries even louder 😆
Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rushika

Choo cute she is ❤️ Arjun says "Aap aap rona band kijiye" n she cries even louder 😆

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
🤣 🤣 🤣
Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
An article I found on the net:

THE LOUDEST SILENCE
Draupadi may have been the loudest woman in the epic - however what was even louder was her silence during the most crucial event of her life.
A woman fearless in her public rejection, eloquent in her distress in the assembly, unabashed in expressing her woes, adamant in asking for revenge, and chilling in her declaration of war - was conspicuously silent when her marital arrangement was discussed by others! Doesn't this seem odd?
One possibility is that she was indeed silent and let everyone else decide her fate. But this does not tally with her - she was not the kind of woman who let things happen to her.
Maybe she did speak. Could it be possible that what she said was so unpalatable that it was deliberately omitted when the story was retold to Janamejaya, who was after all a descendant of Arjun?
If she had violently disagreed, her words may have been erased because it would have shown the Pandavas and Kunti in a terrible light. However if this were true, many more questions with no answers arise. Usually the first to complain, why didn't she do so to her sakha, father or brother? And if she did, it seems strange that none of them did anything to stop it. If she was a victim of force, why didn't she rebel like Amba? She certainly had the guts. And if her sakha, who had tremendous influence over the Pandavas, had let her down at this crucial point, how come she continued to trust him so implicitly throughout her life?
The alternate possibility is that she actually agreed, either out of willingness, or out of large heartedness. Her words of acquiescence too may have been deleted because a woman voicing consent to have five men is simply unacceptable. This would colour the judgement of her character severely.
Past life stories, composite avatar theories, and Kunti's inadvertent order may be true, but may also be later fabrications of queasy minds that can't digest this angle.
We may never know the truth. But there are some things that do stand out:
That she somehow managed it. She managed to love all five, and make them feel loved too. It may not have been perfect for anyone - but the family was still intact. This is surely an extraordinary feat;
She couldn't have put up with it without love. The fact that she was genuine came out when Satyabama asked her what her "trick" was. What stood out in what she said was that trickery or falsehood was no way to win love. She also said that never did she try to change herself to impress anyone.
Sita was from the earth and so her qualities were of nurturing, nourishing and uncomplaining acceptance of pain. But Draupadi was of fire. Even if not literally, it still holds meaning - she was not going to be passive. Fire is not forgiving. Fire is brilliant. Fire can destroy and also purify. Just like fire, Draupadi could not be touched without her consent. Whoever tried to play with this fire got burnt, be it Dushashana, Jayadratha or Keechaka. In other words, she simply cannot be messed with.
Whether she was a victim or not - one thing is clear - surely she was no ordinary woman.
I sincerely tried to remain impartial in writing this and if this comes across as "pro" or "anti"-polyandry or Pandava - I would like to clarify that it is not meant to be.

Champa

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
In my previous post, there is a line:
The fact that she was genuine came out when Satyabama asked her what her "trick" was.
For anyone wondering what the trick is, I found this article:

Draupadi Instructs Satyabhama

K.M. Ganguli Mahabharata Vana Parva Chapter 231
Vaisampayana said, "After those brahmanas and the illustrious sons of Pandu took their seats, Draupadi and Satyabhama entered the hermitage. With joyful hearts the two ladies laughed merrily and comfortably seated themselves. O king, those ladies, who always spoke sweetly to each other, having met after a long time, began to speak about various delightful topics arising from the histories of the Kurus and the Yadus. In private, the slender-waisted Satyabhama, the favorite wife of Krishna and daughter of Satrajit, asked Draupadi these questions. By what behaviour, O daughter of Drupada, are you able to rule the sons of Pandu, who are heroes possessing strength and beauty like the demigods themselves? Beautiful lady, how is it that they are so obedient and are never angry with you? Without a doubt they are ever submissive and watchful to do your bidding! Tell me, O lady, the reason for this. Is it the practice of vows and asceticism? Is it incantations and drugs? Is it the power of science or the influence of your youthful appearance? Is it the recitation of specific mantras, the Homa, collyrium or other medicines? Tell me immediately, O princess of Panchala, what that blessed and auspicious thing is by which I may likewise make Krishna obedient and submissive to me.'

After Satyabhama posed these questions, the chaste and blessed daughter of Drupada responded. O Satyabhama, you are asking me about the practices of wicked women. How can I answer or speak about the objectives of such wicked females? It doesn't become you to ask such questions or to doubt me by thinking that I have resorted to such behaviour. You are intelligent and Krishna's favorite wife. You should know better. From the moment a husband learns that his wife is addicted to incantations and drugs, he begins to dread her like a snake hidden in his bedroom. Can a man troubled by fear have peace? And can one without peace have happiness? A husband should never be made obedient by his wife's incantations.

We hear of painful diseases transmitted by enemies. They who desire to kill another send gifts laced in poison so that the man who contacts such lethal powders by tongue or skin is quickly deprived of life. Women have sometimes caused dropsy and leprosy, decrepitude and impotence, idiocy, blindness and deafness in men. These wicked women, ever treading the path of sin, at times likewise injure their husbands. But the wife should never do the least injury to her lord. Hear now, O illustrious lady, of the behaviour I adopt toward pleasing the high-souled sons of Pandu. Keeping aside vanity and controlling desire and anger, I always serve with devotion my husbands and their other wives. I wait upon them with a deep devotion of the heart, by restraining jealousy and relinquishing any sense of degradation or humiliation that may arise due to the services I perform. My husbands, the sons of Prtha, handsome like the moon, are mighty warriors that blaze like the sun or fire. They are endued with fierce energy and prowess and are capable of slaying their foes with a mere glance of the eye. I serve them ever fearing to utter what is false or evil or to look, sit or walk with impropriety, or to cast glances indicting any misgivings in my heart.

My heart is not attracted to any other, be they celestial, man, Gandharva, young, decked with ornaments, wealthy or comely. I never bathe, eat or sleep until my husbands and their attendants have done so. Whether they are returning from the field, the forest or the town, I hastily rise up and honor my husbands with water and a sitting place. I always keep the house, the household articles and the food well ordered and clean. I carefully store the rice and serve the food at the proper time. I never use angry or fretful speech and I never imitate wicked women. I always do what is agreeable to them and I am never idle. I never laugh except at a joke and I never stay at the house-gate for any length of time. I never stay for long in places for answering the calls of nature or in pleasure-gardens attached to the house. I always refrain from laughing loudly and indulging in high passion and from anything that may give offense. Indeed, O Satyabhama, I am always engaged in waiting upon my lords.

I find separation from my husbands to be something extremely disagreeable. When they leave home for the sake of any relative, I renounce flowers and fragrant pastes of every kind and I begin to undergo penances. Whatever drink, food or enjoyment my husbands reject or dislike, I also reject and dislike. I always devoutly seek the good of my lords. I always discharge without idleness of any kind those duties my mother-in-law imparted to me and all else that is known to me. Those duties are with respect to relatives, alms-giving, offering worship to the gods, oblations to the diseased, boiling food in pots on auspicious days to be offered to ancestors and guests and service to deserving persons.

In a fully humble state of mind and observing the approved rules and regulations, I serve my meek and truthful lords who are themselves ever observant of virtue considering them poisonous snakes that are capable of being easily excited. Such behaviour, which is based upon regard for the husband, is the eternal virtue for women. The husband is the wife's god and he is her refuge. Indeed, there is no other refuge for her. How then can the wife do the least injury to her lord? In sleeping, eating or adorning myself, I never act against the wishes of my lords. Always guided by my husbands, I never speak ill about my mother-in-law.

O blessed lady, my husbands have become obedient to me because of my diligence, alacrity, and humility with which I serve superiors. Every day, I personally wait upon the revered and truthful Kunti, that mother of heroes, with food, drink and clothes. I never show any preference for myself over her in matters of food and dress. And I never verbally reprove that princess equal to the earth herself in forgiveness.

Formerly, eight thousand brahmanas were fed daily in the palace of Yudhisthira off plates of gold. Yudhisthira entertained Eighty thousand additional grhastha brahmanas of the Snataka sect. There were thirty serving maids assigned to each of them. In addition, ten thousand sannyasis had their food carried to them on plates of gold. All these brahmanas were duly worshiped by me with food, drink and clothing taken from stores, only after having offered a portion to the Supreme Lord.

The illustrious son of Kunti had a hundred thousand serving maids with arm bracelets, golden neck ornaments, costly garlands, wreaths, gold and sprinkled with sandalwood paste. Adorned with jewels and gold, they were all skilled in singing and dancing. I knew the names and features of all those girls and also what they were, what they are, and what they did not.

Kunti's son of great intelligence also had a hundred thousand maidservants who daily used to feed guests with plates of gold. While Yudhisthira lived in Indraprastha, a hundred thousand horses and a hundred thousand elephants used to follow his procession; these were the possessions of Yudhisthira while he ruled the earth. It was I, however, who regulated them and established the rules to be observed by them. And it was I who had to listen to all complaints about them. Indeed, I knew everything about what the maidservants and other classes of attendants of the palace, the cowherds and the shepherds of the royal establishment did or did not do.

It was I alone amongst the Pandavas who knew the income and expenditure of the king and the extent of their wealth. Those bulls among the Bharatas, assigning to me the burden of looking after all those that were to be fed by them, would pay their court to me. This load was extremely heavy and would have been incapable of being born by persons of evil heart. I used to bear it day and night, sacrificing my ease and all the while affectionately devoted to them. While my husbands were engaged in the pursuit of virtue, I alone supervised their inexhaustible treasury, which resembled that of Varuna. I used to serve the Kuru princes day and night, bearing hunger and thirst so that my nights and days were the same to me. I used to be the first to wake up and the last to go to bed. This, O Satyabhama, is the charm that has made my husbands obedient to me. Never have I practiced the charms of wicked women nor do I ever wish to practice them.'

Vaisampayana continued, "Hearing Draupadi's virtuous words, Satyabhama, having first reverenced the virtuous princess answered saying, O princess of Pancala, O daughter of Yajnasena, I am guilty. Please forgive me! Among friends, conversations in jest arise naturally and without premeditation.'

Mahabharata Vana Parva Chapter 232

Draupadi said, I shall now tell you how to attract the heart of your husband without the use deceitful means. By adopting such a method, dear friend, you will be able to draw away your lord from other females. In all the worlds, including that of the celestial beings, there is no god equal to the husband. When he is gratified with you, you may receive from him every object of desire; when he is angry, all these are lost. It is from her husband that the wife obtains offspring and various articles of enjoyment. It is your husband that provides you with handsome beds and seats, robes and garlands, perfumes, great fame and heaven itself.

One cannot obtain happiness in this world easily. Indeed, the woman that is chaste obtains happiness along with distress. Always adore Krishna with friendship and willingly accept any physical inconveniences or sufferings. By offering beautiful seats and excellent garlands and by providing Him with various perfumes and prompt service, act in such a way that He will become devoted to you thinking "I am truly loved by her!' When you hear the voice of your lord at the gate, rise up from your seat and wait in readiness within the room. And as soon as you see Him enter your chamber, worship Him by promptly offering Him a seat and water to wash His feet. When He commands a maidservant to do anything, get up and do it yourself. Let Krishna understand this temper of your mind and let Him know that you adore Him with all your heart.

O Satyabhama, whatever your husband speaks in your presence, do not blab of it even if you think it doesn't deserve to be concealed, for if any of your co-wives were to speak on that matter with Vasudeva, He might get irritated with you. Feed those that are dear and devoted to your lord and always seek His good. You should always keep yourself aloof from those that are hostile against your lord, those that seek to injure Him and those that are addicted to deceit. Forgo all excitement and carelessness in the presence of men, conceal your inclinations by observing silence and do not converse or associate in private even with your sons Pradyumna and Samba.

You should form friendships only with highborn and sinless females who are devoted to their lords and you should always avoid the association of wrathful women who are addicted to drink, who are gluttonous, thievish, wicked and fickle. Such behaviour is reputable and leads to prosperity. Not only is it capable of neutralizing hostility, but it also leads to heaven. Therefore, worship your husband by adorning yourself in costly garlands and ornaments and smear your body with ointments and excellent perfumes.'

The link to this article is http://www.dandavats.com/?p=2589 , for anyone wanting citations... 😊

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hello Everyone,

Dedicated Appreciation threads (ATs) for an actor/actress/characters of the show will be subject to specific rules, from here onwards. These rules will apply to all current ATs in the forum and any new ATs created in the future.

Rules:

[Credit for Rules: -Deepzz-/jyoti06 - Zee Tv Forums]
  1. The word "Appreciate" in itself means to have a highly favorable opinion of someone or something. You are supposed to appraise the value of the work of the actors and express them in positive light. A thread where all the fans of the Actor/Characters gather to discuss what they liked.
  2. In an essence Constructive criticism/Positive Outlook towards Actors/Characters, must prevail in these threads.
  3. Members must understand that, discussions are restricted in ATs. ATs are safe zones for the Actor/s fans to exchange information without being subject to negativity. You have the main forum to present opinions which calls for discussions and debates. All discussions related to actor's performance, looks, style and personality can be confined to ATs and keep the discussion of story tracks restricted to just the character and his/her scenes with other characters. Please refrain from analyzing and discussing scenes which are not directly/indirectly related to the actor/character of this AT , in particular when they imply stating negative opinions. However we do allow minimum chatting in ATs, provided it is related to this AT alone.
  4. Please refrain from bringing and discussing other general topics of the main forum into the AT. If you find anything offending in the main forum, report it with crisp and clear notes, without bringing them to the ATs.
  5. Please refrain from any negative/bashful/insulting comments against any actor/character/member/DT. If members of an AT are caught discussing other actors/characters/fan groups/DT negatively, then AT will be held liable for it and may be subject to warnings & eventual closure/Ban as follows.
  6. Admins/Monitors of the AT (Those who are opening the AT will be called the Admins/Monitors) will report the troublemakers or problematic members of the AT to the DT in a timely manner, so that the AT/other genuine fans are not penalized for it. Here the Admins have a big responsibility and so we believe them to be totally unbiased as the whole responsibility of a AT is on them.

Lastly - When an AT reaches 150 pages, hit the report button and add this "AT reached 150 Pages", the DT will close it as we can not have two ATs open at the same time.

Admins of the AT - One member of the AT along with the Mahabharat DT (mnx12) - When the AT is about to end, please wait until one of the AT admins create the next. If the assigned admin for a certain AT isn't around, drop in a quick PM to the Dev Team member (mnx12) to open the next AT, any other ATs which are made by any other members will be closed without further notice

If the DT notices more than 3 people violating the AT rules constantly for a week, the effects of violations will kick start, which go as follows:

First Violation - Warning Note
2nd - Another Warning Note
3rd - Another Warning Note
4th - Close the AT for 24 hrs (1 Day)
5th - Close AT for 72 hrs (3 Days)
6th - Close AT for 1 week (7 Days)
7th - Get rid of AT completely from the Mahabharat Forum/Shift it to Celebrity Fan Club Forum

Having said that, please do not assume that every report submitted by opposite fan group will be entertained. We will go through the reports and only if we find the report valid based on above rules, then we will speak to the Admins of the AT and action will be taken accordingly as stated above.

List of Current ATs in the Forum:

1. Krishna AT
  2. Arjuna AT
  3. Draupadi AT
  4. Karna AT
  5. Kauravas AT
  6. Pandavas AT

NOTE: All AT admins should make sure that the second post in every AT on the forum, has these rules posted for members to be aware of the rules at all times.

If anyone has any questions/queries/concerns regarding the AT Rules imposed in the forum, feel free to PM the Mahabharat DT member (mnx12 , *Resham*).

Regards,
Mahabharat Development Team
Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Yesterday Epi pics:

Found Online... 😊