735006 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Monday, January 13, 2014

Rubina as Radhika in Choti Bahu.

Today, I wish to talk of a recent miracle I've experienced.

A fictional character has made a huge impact on me, more than I could have ever imagined a fictional character doing, but she has managed to do supposedly impossible, and its truly miraculous. Her name's Radhika, and she is the Choti Bahu.

Radhika is the protagonist of both the seasons of Indian fictional show "Choti Bahu" which aired on Zee TV, season one during 2008-2010 and season two during 2011-2012.

Radhika is the protagonist, not just female protagonist, because had there been a male protagonist too in the show, then this qualification would have been necessary, but in "Choti Bahu", both the seasons, it's Radhika around whom the story revolves. There's Dev, her husband, no doubt, and he certainly has a major role to play in both the seasons, but still, anyone can tell that the show Choti Bahu is first and foremost about Radhika and her life's journey.

Now unfortunately, no in fact fortunately, when the show was originally aired on Zee TV, I missed it completely!! Both the seasons!!! Both Choti Bahu season One, and Choti Bahu season Two, were on air for a considerable period of time, their combined episode number standing at 802. Yet, when the show were on air, during that time I had no idea that a show named "Choti Bahu" showcasing the life journey of a girl named Radhika is currently on air in Zee TV. Same story for both the seasons!!

Now that I think about it, it's an extremely fortunate thing for me, because watching Choti Bahu in an episodic manner is no easy task. Those fans who watched Choti Bahu when it was on air, they clearly possess an extraordinary amount of patience, and I congratulate each one of them for their patience. Because in both the seasons, the story progresses in such a manner that Radhika has to face enormous difficulties and all sorts of troubles every step of her journey!! Even when I was watching the entire story at one go, it was hard to watch, so difficult is Radhika's life journey. Had I started watching the show when it was on air, in all probability I would have left it after watching a few episodes. So its good that at that time, I missed Radhika and Choti Bahu completely.

But then lady luck smiled upon me, and barely weeks ago, a friend suggested that I watch Choti Bahu. She is a huge Rubina fan, and needless to say, became a Rubina fan for life after watching her as Radhika in Choti Bahu season One. So Rubina being her favourite actress, and Radhika being her favourite character that Rubina has played till date, she suggested that I too should watch Choti Bahu.
I followed her advice, and the impact Rubina made on my mind as Radhika is nothing short of MIRACULOUS!!

Agreed that the character of Radhika is very strong and so one could say that such a character was bound to make an impact on the viewers regardless of who played it. However I don't think that's the case here. Yes, there is no doubt that Radhika is a strong-willed girl who remains steadfast in her journey onwards on the path of righteousness, regardless of the strength & magnitude of obstacles blocking her path. Still, Radhika was a fictional character on paper, its Rubina who breathed life into Radhika. And the way Rubina has played Radhika in both the seasons, to say that I'm highly impressed by Rubina's portrayal of Radhika, would still be a humongous understatement. Rubina as Radhika has blown me away!! Such is the effect of Rubina's splendid performance as Radhika, her fantabulous personation of Radhika.

Radhika is perfect, in every sense. In both the seasons, there's not one instance where one could get the scope of any discussion whether Radhika acted perfectly or not, such is Radhika's character, and Rubina has portrayed her perfectly. I realized recently that Choti Bahu remains a widely popular serial of Zee TV and I can easily see why. Credit for this popularity of Choti Bahu should go in equal measure to both Radhika the character as well as Rubina's portrayal of her.
So, I'm delighted to announce that I too am a Rubina fan for life now, and I'll always remain grateful to Rubina for her glorious portrayal of Radhika the Choti Bahu.

I wish Rubina all the best for her future, and I do hope that in future too, she will play a character as strong and as impactful as Radhika. And if there's ever a Choti Bahu season Three with Rubina as Radhika, then there's no way I'll miss it, in fact I'll religiously watch each & every episode of Choti Bahu.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anushya93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs Jeshni😊Rubina played the role of Radhika perfectly that we cannot imagine anyone else other than her in the role👏Just love Rubina❤️Needless to say Avinash played Dev perfectly too👏..Avinash-Rubina will always be Dev-Radhika first(atleast for me😊),even though they may play different roles now😳
Valini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This article reflects the sentiments of thousands of viewers we all love and recognized the talent and beauty of Rubina a well as Avinash. We have all been waiting with baited breaths to see the magnificence of Rubina and Avinash together or individually once again. Unfortunately Production House and Network failed to see and admit this fact. We are now witnessing others that are proactive capitalizing on their merits gaining market shares, fame and profits.
Edited by Valini - 10 years ago
niru06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs...peeked into the forum after such a long time and so nice to see this post...truly watchin cb airing again on zee anmol is a treat to watch...
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
❤️
Choti Bahu Was The Best Tv Serial Ever.
Thanks To The Writer Who Wrote This Blog.
megha_b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it is just awesome dear👏
billo77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Nicely written! Thank you for sharing .I will always adore radhika's beauty and innocence ,without rubina there could have been no Radhika . She is truly a wonderful actress, I really hope to meet her some day ,if not in this world maybe the next !Radhika as a character will always top my list and ofcourse Dev too .If it wasnt for Avinash and rubina the show would have never been such hit ,so kudos to both of them ! Choti bahu will always be remembered as one of my fav show.
Edited by billo77 - 10 years ago
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing. Very well written.This shows how many people adored and loved Radhika's character. And,it's absolutely true that Rubina breathed fresh air as Radhika. Choti Bahu will live in my heart as my favourite show.
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing.Avina were the soul of this show who made it success.
Valini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nicely written! Thank you for sharing .I will always adore radhika's beauty and innocence ,without rubina there could have been no Radhika . She is truly a wonderful actress, I really hope to meet her some day,if not in this world maybe the next !Radhika as a character will always top my list and ofcourse Dev too .If it wasnt for Avinash and rubina the show would have never been such hit ,so kudos to both of them ! Choti bahu will always be remembered as one of my fav show.

billo77 I really hope you all fans could meet Rubina and Avinash they are really as beauty and innocence as Dev and Radhika. It is really an honour and privilege meeting and interacting with they so humble and graceful in all their actions and words.
Edited by Valini - 10 years ago