Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xXxNoreen786xXx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Cousins can marry
My parents are cousins, and all my chacha's and phuphi(dads sister) are all married to cousins, except for my youngest chacha he married out of the family.
xXxNoreen786xXx thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: butterfly15..

Lol this question again.

Half the posts made on the forum are about this.πŸ˜†

Cousins are allowed to get married in Islam. In fact no religion outright forbids it, it's just society and culture has changed that people don't marry cousins. In fact majority of Muslims don't marry their cousins, it's a misconception. I think it's because cousins marrying cousins is slightly more prevalent in India and Pakistan as Muslim shows in these two countries always have at least one couple that are cousins, but that's not really the case in the UK.

Agree with you, everyone from my dads side is married to a cousin except for the youngest chacha, all my brothers are married out of the family they didn'twant to marry their cousins but my bhabhi's are from Pakistan.

Here in the UK its like 50/50 % marriage in the family or out of the family
YaadonKiBaraat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank God,I dont have a cute cousin like Zain,because we Hindus r not allowed to marry our cousins.. Okk..Sorry for my PJ..πŸ€”
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I find it extremely weird. First cousins is another matter all together. They are brother and sister. ! I could never ever see my cousins in that light.
Plus, even though I know it is often practiced, it can result in children with mental or physical problems(please, I don't mean to offend anyone and I do know that there are many exceptions).
That is why no matter what the chemistry or set-up, I doubt I can ever accept Aaliya-Zain.
Rope_of_Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anamika-

Thank God,I dont have a cute cousin like Zain,because we Hindus r not allowed to marry our cousins.. Okk..Sorry for my PJ..πŸ€”

i am a hindu from south india we do marriages with cousins..even my sister my chacha daughter married with my aunty's(father younger sister)son..in hindus also it is common in south india..even here we do marriages with mama (mother's brother)also.
Rope_of_Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shreya_94

I find it extremely weird. First cousins is another matter all together. They are brother and sister. ! I could never ever see my cousins in that light.

Plus, even though I know it is often practiced, it can result in children with mental or physical problems(please, I don't mean to offend anyone and I do know that there are many exceptions).
That is why no matter what the chemistry or set-up, I doubt I can ever accept Aaliya-Zain.

cousins marriages r allowed in hindus too in south india
@bold 100% agree with u due to this reason nowadays cousins marriages r reducing in south india otherwise it is not an offence in south india
silla thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
its muslim family so real cousins first cousins do marry in ISlamπŸ˜›
ArShi-R-no.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yh Muslims are allowed to Marry cousins, actually I think that in any religion you can but not marry your real brothers/sister, which is then incest and that is forbidden, and even that still happens in most societies. I personally will not marry my cousin it just feels weird because I see them like a brother and I call em Bhaisaab/ bhaiya. lol but a few of my aunts have married their first cousins and it was love marriage actually which is even weirder lol. But it happens. Let just be great full that ZaYa don't really know each other like bro/sis and be happy that Aliya doesn't address him as bhaijaan. in a lot of Pakistani families you would marry your cousins so it's actually quite normal. I doubt the makers would even create a show that is accepted as morally wrong which in this case is not.
Edited by ArShi-R-no.1 - 10 years ago