DOWRY DEMAND: What would u do?

Poll

Would you accept the demands of dowry if you were Aalia's parents?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey everyone!
so following today's episode, its clear just how greedy zeeshan's parents are... to be honest, seeing zain and aaliya's closeness I thought zeeshan's mother wouldn't be too happy about it and would make a big deal about it, but surprisingly that was the least of her concerns, she just wanted dowry.
What would u do if u were in aalia's parents place? would u fulfil the demand thinking its common in marriages or would u turn down the rishta?
personally, I am against dowry, because I feel the origin of dowry back in the days in Islam was mainly items of necessity... but nowadays every household has the items of necessity so there isn't any need for giving such big amounts of dowry especially in terms of Lakhs...its a bit too much. I feel people fulfil their greedy demands in the name of dowry but in fact its not really dowry but jus greed. plus in Islam, its required that the men give "gift" (dowry) to their women... but even that shouldn't be too big...
if I was aalia's parents, I would think twice considering they aren't so rich to fulfil this demand. secondly, u can jus tell how greedy zeeshan's parents are, what guarantee is there that post marriage they won't ask for more money? I really hope zain somehow breaks aalia/zeeshan's rishta and I think he will maybe thts y aalia will hate zain even more.
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nahsjdnusksmsj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Never, if i would i d place of aliya's parent i will never accept their demands...
exoLarmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I would tell them to leave.

HELL NO! I'd rather not marry my daughter if greedy, manipulative people like them exist.
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
No way!...besides dowry demand is not allowed in Islam...
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
The answer is no..however here there was kind of a twist where they mentioned clothes and jewellery and furniture were for Aliya's comfort. If that was indeed and greed was not the motive then maybe
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: OodlesDoodles

The answer is no..however here there was kind of a twist where they mentioned clothes and jewellery and furniture were for Aliya's comfort. If that was indeed and greed was not the motive then maybe

To be honest even then I don't agree and I expect all this from my would be husband anyway unless the bride herself insists that she'll bring these things with her upon her marriage...
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
my answer would be NO.
Reasons:
These people don't want Aliyah as a wife for their son, what they want is to take as much money as they can from Aliya's parents. Otherwise Zeeshans' mom would have been bothered seeing her almost to be son's wife close to a guy in the kitchen
* Also in Islam there is no such thing as asking dowry from the bride's family because the groom and his family are obliged to do it. Keeping in mind the mahr should be something believable of course you can't ask for an impossible amount of money.
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -sumaiya-

To be honest even then I don't agree and I expect all this from my would be husband anyway unless the bride herself insists that she'll bring these things with her upon her marriage...

Thats there if I want something then i would rather take it then someone ask for it in my name
-.SapnokiRani-. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Liked (December 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 5
No, you're already GIVING AWAY YOUR DAUGHTER!!! That should be much more compared to money.
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Giving the bride or groom a gift is one thing, but demanding a dowry from the girl's family, even under the pretense of her comforts is not permitted in Islam.

Zeeshan's family was super greedy. Ad I was surprised to see Zeeshan tell his mother to up the asking price by 10 lakhs 😡 I thought he was a nice guy...seems something is fishy about him after all.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 10 years ago