Of Toothaches and Heartaches - IshMan OS

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys after many days I am writing on IshMan once again.This show and this couple has really once again motivated me to write after so many months since i stopped watching BV. Hope you all like my attempt 😊

Of Toothaches and Heartaches

Ishita had no idea when she had fallen asleep. She and roohi had been watching the latter's favorite cartoon as Raman was still not back from work and apparently both dozed off on each other's shoulder. When she woke up she found herself and roohi properly laid on bed and covered with the comforter. Something that made sure Raman was here. Trying to peep through her sleep-heavy eyes Ishita scanned the room for him and found him leaning against the bedroom window. Lost in his own world, he pressed his fingers to his temples and alternatively to his left jaw as if trying to stem an oncoming shooting pain.

She tossed off her blanket and stood up from the bed. Against the faint murmur of the wind blowing through the curtains she could still hear the rhythmic sound of his heartbeats. Taking in a deep breath, she walked up to him slowly. "Is anything wrong, mr kumar?" she asked softly, breaking his train of thought. Hearing his wife's deep apprehensive voice, Raman turned to look at her, fingers still pressing the jaw. Ishita stared at him intently. There was something so intense about his vulnerable eyes that it always made her heart flip.

"Do you have a toothache?" she asked, concentrating on his hand that pressed against his left cheek.

"It's nothing, just a slight migraine" hanging his blazer on the chair he began to undo his tie.

"Migraine? What sort of migraine happens in the jaw?" she mumbled in a throaty voice.

"I don't know Ishita. Don't you women have anything else to do than inquiring? First mom and now you. Pls leave me alone for a while" he whined in an irritated tone but lowered his pitch consciously before Ishita could sshh him bcoz of a sleeping ruhi.

"I am not inquiring you. I am just asking coz I am a dentist. And it seems you have a toothache that's reaching your head. Else Mr Raman kumar bhalla, I really don't care!"

Though Ishita had declared she didn't care but Raman knew what was coming up. Caring was something that came naturally to Ishita. And how much he'd protest he surely knew she would manage to run a dental test on him.

"I think you have a bad gum infection...its better we go to the clinic" Ishita announced feeling reasonably satisfied with her probe.

"There's no need of that Ishita. I will take a pain killer and will be fine by tomorrow morning. You go sleep, I'll keep well"

"It won't be fine but worsen by tomorrow morning" Ishita retorted making Raman feel exasperated. "Having a doctor at home was such a pain" Raman thought to himself. Moving his head in irritation he took his laptop and was about to walk out of the room when a shrill wince escaped his lips making his hand fly to his cheek. The painful molar had inflicted a fresh wave of pain through his jaw.

"I am waiting for you in the car" Ishita declared, smirking at him triumphantly, as he pouted. He hated to be helpless like this. But then he really didn't have much option. Informing Mrs bhalla to take care of roohi in their absence, Ishita dragged raman to the former's clinic.

"Open up" Ishita ordered her sulking husband as he still shifted nervously in the dentist's chair. Till now he believed he'd be able to dodge the situation some way but his wife was much adamant than him. Raman felt as if someone had strangled him and he had no way out. Looking at his wife's steadfastness he finally decided to give in and let her do her job.

"Just relax! I'll just see what's the problem." Ishita reassured. Feeling along the base of his jaw with her soft fingers she gently applied pressure on various spots to check for pain. Raman felt a sudden jolt of rush as Ishita's gloved fingers moved along the inner side of his jaw. At his current position Raman felt extremely defenseless. As Ishita bent in further to explore his mouth he glanced up at her hazel eyes. There was something inherently compelling and serene about her eyes. And her long beautiful hair that cascaded down her shoulders and trailed to touch his chest. For a fleeting second Raman felt absolutely hypnotized and captivated.

"ouch" raman yelled in shock as Ishita pressed a sensitive spot in his mouth.

"did that hurt?"

He stared at Ishita perplexed."Ofcourse it did. Can't you be a bit gentle? Or is it some kind of revenge you are taking on me?" Ishita stifled a giggle at her dumbfounded husband as she prepared the anesthetic for him. He certainly looked much better in that defenseless state than his usual angry young man avatar.

"Now open wide" she asked.

Ignoring the queasiness in his stomach, Raman opened up and made sure not to grimace and make a laughing stalk out of himself. Then there was a sharp pain as the needle sunk in and he instinctively shot out his hand and grabbed Ishita's, concentrating on the warmth and feel of it.

She felt a great pressure on her wrist but didn't let go of his hold. Neither did he.

The next few minutes were a whirlwind of jabbing pain, blood, funny tasting medicines and the sounds of drills but Raman weathered it all, concentrating on that one constant, his wife.Unintentionally though. Every now and then he would give her hand a squeeze or look into her eyes for some affirmation until the ordeal was finally over.

"There you go mr kumar" Ishita told Raman who was still lost in his thoughts. In the past one hour Raman had felt something really unusual between them. Something that felt extremely weird and extremely heady at the same time. Something that left him with a yearn to explore more of it. Seeing Raman on his own, Ishita reached out to hold his hand as he was a bit wobbly on his feet.

"Are you ok?" she sighed as his touch sent an undercurrent down her spine, for the umpteenth time since the past 60 minutes. And every time the impact was fiercer than the last.

"I am ok" raman replied, feeling a bit groggy.

"I think we should go home now...you must be in pain"

As they shuffled along the corridor, Raman looked down at Ishita. Though tired she looked as beautiful as ever. A faint memory of the past splashed on Raman's mind as he watched her drive him home. The day when before his divorce he had got a similar kind of toothache and how Shagun had been extremely paranoid as Ashok had invited them to a page3 party the same night. And Raman had assured her to see the dentist alone while she attended the party with his boss. That was the day and it was today, his life had seen a 360 degree turn. But for a change today Raman didn't feel much pain remembering shagun. Something that came as a shocker to him too. This night surely had much to ponder over. And much more to remember.

In the morning, Ishita woke up to the sunlight that flickered down the trees and entered their bedroom through the curtains. Seeing ruhi sleeping peacefully by her side brought a smile to her face and and sent her happiness soaring. But much to her surprise Raman was not there on his side of their bed. And on his place lied a letter with a yellow rose. Ishita was surprised to see this. Bending over ruhi she grabbed the rose and letter from raman's side of bed and looked at it from both sides, still in disbelief. Opening the letter she began to read what it said.

"Ishita,

I know you must be thinking what an idiot your husband is. You are sleeping just an inch away from me and yet I have to write this letter to say this to you. Because I know if I were facing you I won't be able to say this. Well I just wanted to say. I wanted to say...Thankyou Ishita, Thankyou for all you did for me last night. For being there. And sorry for being such an annoying patient. And for all the times I have hurt you and made you feel bad. I have always misjudged you and insulted you. So from now on I wish to give our relationship a fresh start. Start from being ruhi's parents and each other's friends. In case you find me good enough to be your friend.

Raman

Ishita was stunned when she finished reading the letter and folded it back up with her eyes wider than ever. A sweet little smile tucked the corner of her lip as she glanced at the yellow rose. Lifting it up she brought it near her face and took in its fragrance. It was surely a bright new chapter.

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Feedback, good or bad, is anticipated 😊
Edited by Malika - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnkitaKaran thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😊Mindblowing os...πŸ‘. Waiting for the next part...
the_Rij thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow amazing OS.Loved it. 😊 ...
rafif thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
woho its amazing its  beautiful to an extent plsss continue this and make this story a hit😊
_symphony thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankitaankita

😊Mindblowing os...πŸ‘. Waiting for the next part...

Thanks a lott dear...😊😳
_symphony thumbnail

Originally posted by: the_Rij

Wow amazing OS.Loved it. 😊 ...

Thankyouu...😳
dafla thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow its a beautiful os...i wish raman gets a toothache and ishita should treat him in the show too ...i also wish it happens in the same way u hav described it...
kavithaa12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
πŸ‘awosome writing.it's beautiful OS .plz keep writing.πŸ‘
xaviara thumbnail
It is such a pleasure to see you here in the YHM forum !! Have really missed reading your FF's on AnSh, so its such a delight to have you here and get a chance to read your work on IshMan !! Absolutely loved the OS !! Can't wait to read many more OS and FF !!

Congratulations, you have found a piece of the puzzle!

*Edited for IshRa Marriage Game*
Edited by -HibiscusR- - 10 years ago
_symphony thumbnail
@all - Thankyou so much frenzz for all the lovely comments...means a lott!! πŸ˜Š And SS/FFs i dont write...never able to complt them but i will surely keep this place updated with my regular rantings πŸ˜† Love πŸ€—

@dafla - Me too dear!!!! Even i wish Raman to hv a toothache...i mean really...a dental checkup can be so so intimate w/o being intentionally romantic πŸ˜‰ The touches...the closeness...the concern it can be a dream come true if shown on screen 😳

@Navz - πŸ€— I am so glad to see you here...once again we met! 😳 Even i do miss my AnSh stories...those days were so different.And thanks so much for all the lovely words u always say 2 me...love ya πŸ€—