Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rope_of_Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
thanks for sharing..her pic. in the article is looking gorgeous..she is very beautiful😃
---Shweta--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Here is the Full Article...

Preetika Rao's love-hate act

Thursday, January 02, 2014
By Sandeep Hattangadi

Preetika Rao is an Indian model, writer and actress. Rao was born in Mangalore and brought up in Mumbai. Her father owns an advertising agency in Mumbai while her elder sister Amrita Rao is also an actress. She had a stint as a journalist in a South publication and then did a few south films. She is now all set to make her small screen debut in the COLORS show Beintehaa'

Is the show a Muslim social?
Yes. For the first time ever, the channel will be focusing on the pan-Muslim milieu with a story of two similar and headstrong individuals, Aaliya played by me and Zain who find themselves in a complex relationship. Produced by Fortune Productions, Beintehaa' is a story of finding endless love in a relationship born out of obligation. It hit television screens on December 30 from every Monday to Friday at 9 pm on COLORS.

How does the love story progress?
We have often heard of love stories born out of an accidental meeting or the first glimpse. However, Beintehaa', breaking traditions, brings to fore a deep love that comes to the fore only after the relationship is over. The storyline portrays Aaliya (Preetika Rao), a traditional Bhopal girl, and Zain (Harshad Arora), a modern Mumbai lad, who are like-minded headstrong people with similar likes and dislikes. As their worlds collide, Aaliya and Zain find themselves bound in a marriage born out of obligation where the only common feeling is hate.

What prompted you to take up this show?
Having done films down south, television was a relatively new playing field for me. The story and concept of Beintehaa' is what drew me to the show and I found myself accepting it almost instantaneously. Aaliya is a spunky Muslim girl who has grown up in Bhopal. She is fairly religious, but is full of life. I hope the audiences will enjoy the sincerity with which we have performed and appreciate this venture that we have undertaken.

What is the rest of the cast like?
Supporting the pair is a strong ensemble cast including well-known faces like Suchitra Pillai, Riva Babbar, Rituraj, and Naved Aslam who essay pivotal characters in the show.

Are you open to reality shows?
I am a very private person and wouldn't be comfortable in the reality show milieu. I am happy doing soaps.

Would you like to do Hindi films like your sister Amrita Rao?
Yes. I am like the girl next door and would love to do roles like my sister does.

varunD thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

😊

Word Count: 0

varunD thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
😊

Word Count: 0