Anita aka shagun article

Anisha_anitan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Telly-viewers are in shock to see the  docile homemaker' of Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, Anita Hassanandani portray villainy on small screen in her new show Ye Hai Mohabbatein. While the soap marks her comeback on Indian television after two years, the actress is happy to return to Balaji camp and TV, her first love.

"I did a show Gutur Gu and a South film. Then I also got married," retorts the TVstar when asked about her sabbatical. Still referred to as Anjali' from Ekta Kapoor's popular serial Kavyanjali, she took the plunge to portray a  grey character. "It's good because wherever Igo people find me sweet' like my character Anjali'. As an actor you feel like doing something different, something that people don't expect from you. So when Iwas offered this role, I instantly said Why not'!" More so, because "She is not really a vamp but a middle-class woman who thinks she deserves better and thus left her husband and child for a rich man. But I am prepared to receive hate mails!"

Boldly showcasing her other side, she follows a similar strategy in films by accepting a role in upcoming Ragini MMS 2. "People will be shocked with the way I am looking in the film. I play one of the eight people who go to shoot a film on Ragini. My character is that of a gothic chic who is fully tattooed. It is something I have never tried before," she reveals without any qualms of being cast in multi-starrer flicks. "Iwould love to play central characters in mainstream Bollywood but you can't keep waiting for one thing," she sighs, the thought of her rising graph in regional cinema comforting her.

Having done many films in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, the actress shares an incident with Metrolife, "When my producers called me to be a part of the screening of my Telugu film Nuvvu Nenu, Ifound myself surrounded with bodyguards after landing at the airport. While the screening was in progress, people were throwing money and dancing. The success of the film made me feel that I had achieved something in life." 

Unfortunately her subsequent flops forced her to exit from the South Indian film industry but Punjabi films came to her rescue. "In South, once your graph goes down, you do not get exciting roles. Also, Iwas asked to conceal information about my love relationship to gain success. On the contrary, when Iwent to shoot in Chandigarh after two days of my marriage, my producer took the mike and asked everyone to congratulate me. It was a really nice gesture. The people are so warm and it is a great experience to work here,"says Anita whose Punjabi film Yaaran Da Katchup is slated to release in February.

Meanwhile, she aspires to work in "An out and out love story like Mohit Suri's Ashiqui 2." Are directors listening? 

please comment on anitas profile http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2231/anita-hassanandani/