Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amina.ahmedraza thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: --Zariyat--

Yes! Of course we call cousins "Bhaiya/Bhai-jaan or Apu/Appi". But mainly cousins of same-age get married as far as i know.
Chacha-Bhatiji can marry because our Prophet (SM)'s youngest and beloved daughter Hazrat Fatimah(R) got married to her uncle Ali(R) only because they were of same age. That's why its allowed in Islam.
And cousins can marry because in the past(in the starting of the world) Harzat Adam(A) and Harzat Hawa(A)'s children were married to each other to start the world (i have heard this from my Huzur apu, correct me if i am wrong) That's why its allowed.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

@Bold: You are responding it quite wrongly ...

first Hazrat Ali (RA) was the cousin of Huzoor Pak (S.A.W) ... So he was not the real chacha of Hazrat Bibi Fatima (RA). The real chacha (Father's brother) and bhatiji cannot be married as Real chacha is "mehram" of bhatiji

Secondly Hazrat Bibi Hawwa and Hazrat Adam (AS) were the first humans on earth ... they childre got married for the human race that is entirely different thing so dont relate this to existing law os Islam ... the rules which has been set by Quran and Hadith

Many things in relegions were allowed infact any things were allowed and than were restricted with era of Huzoor Pak (S.A.W)

This is a request not to answer any query unless you know exact background..

.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Under the Shari'ah, marriages between men and women standing in a certain relationship to one another are prohibited. These prohibited degrees are either of a permanent nature or a temporary. The permanently prohibited degrees of marriage are laid down in the Noble Quran:

"And marry not those women whom your fathers married, except what has already happened (of that nature) in the past. Lo! It was ever lewdness and abomination, and an evil way. Forbidden unto you are your mothers and your daughters, and your sisters and your father's sisters and your mother's sisters, and your brother's daughters and your sister's daughters, and your foster-mothers and your foster-sisters, and your mothers-in-law and your step-daughters who are under your mother-in-law and your step-daughters who are under your protection (born) of your women unto whom you have gone into -- but if you have not gone into them, then it is no sin for you (to marry their daughters) -- and the wives of your sons from your own loins, and that you should have two sisters together, except what has already happened (of that nature) in the past. Allah is ever-Forgiving, Merciful." [Noble Quran 4:22-24]

From the above verses, it is clear that a Muslim must never marry the following:

His mother

His step-mother (this practice continues in Yoruba land in Nigeria, where in some cases the eldest son inherits the youngest wife of his father)

His grandmother (including father's and mother's mothers and all preceding mothers' e.g. great grandmothers)

His daughter (including granddaughters and beyond)

His sister (whether full, consanguine or uterine)

His father's sisters (including paternal grandfather's sisters)

His mother's sisters (including maternal grandmother's sisters)

His brother's daughters

His foster mother

His foster mother's sister

His sister's daughter

His foster sister

His wife's mother

His step-daughter (i.e. a daughter by a former husband of a woman he has married if the marriage has been consummated. However, if such a marriage was not consummated, there is no prohibition)

His real son's wife

A great wisdom lies behind these prohibitions on the grounds of consanguinity, affinity, and fosterage. No social cohesion can exist if people do not keep these prohibitions in their minds while contracting marriages.

Hope this helps!
tanu96tp thumbnail
I agree, its weird... Especially because I like the couple and I don't like not liking the story.
Hopefully eventually it will just be something no one gives much notice to.
However, I do think that the CVs purposefully left the story open to manipulation in case people don't take well to the cousins idea. Zain's dad and Aaliya's mom could be "mu-boli" siblings. Meaning there is no blood relation but they have accepted that relationship. I think there is more of a chance for this also because its clear that Zain's mother doesn't like the Bhopal family at all, and I think thats the reason.
Saddy3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
even for hindus its possible...In Andhra Pradesh dats quite common...but mrgs r not accepted wid chacha or mausi's children...So I don really feel weird abt dis ...coz I belong to AP...but I can understand ur feeling It'll be quite odd for u...but it is accepted even in hindu's too in some states
Edited by MegHanLover3 - 10 years ago
618043 thumbnail
Hey Prish! 🤗 It's odd for non-Muslims, I guess, but that's normal because you guys haven't seen two cousins getting married. In our culture, marriage with a cousin is absolutely normal. 😊 Frankly speaking, my parents are cousins just like Zain-Aliyah. I've never seen their romance..😆 So I don't know if it feels odd. 🤔 I advise you to forget that they're cousin and enjoy their romance. 😆😳 But yeah, by the time passing.. you'll get used to it. 😃 Even in Europe, when my Professors came to know about my parents they were so shocked on how it's possible 🤣 but now.. it's ok, they've understood that it's normal in our culture. 😊
I really wish to see, as it's for the first time in an Indian Serial, how two cousins develop their relationship between hate-love because in the promos, it was shown that both of 'em deny for Nikah (marriage). 🤓
ZaaraBB thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
for cuz..Muslims we marry in cousins but this is too close for me too.
.May. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I know alot of muslims so it's not odd for me. And most of the time I'm so engrossed by their chemistry that I forget they're cousins!😆
Ishradivanluver thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It might be odd for non muslims but as a Muslim this isn't odd for me my parents are first cousins like zain and aliah lol my dadu is my mums mamu and many of my cousins are married in first cousins infact in my family they prefer looking for proposal in cousins first 😆
Edited by RavishingSaRun - 10 years ago
BadtameezBrat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
omg... ppz here got serious 🤔😆... chill yaaro... I think me 2 wl used to with thr romance... bt thank u all for explaining ths... 😊😛
BadtameezBrat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leviathan

Is Islam it is allowed for Cousins to marry each other and in the past this has been a common feature to as to keep property within the family when a woman gets married. As in Islam by law women are allowed and are entitled to 1/3 of what a son gets , this way the fortune of a family is not given 'outside'. However that is not to state this is the only reason it is allowed, in Islam we consider all men and women of the muslim ummah our brothers and sisters and therefore getting married to someone who is a cousin is not that much of an issue.

okk... I mean I was nt seeing it as an issue or had prob... jst tht its new for me... so jst lil surprised... 😊😆