Views

Users

Frequent Posters

noor321 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: --Zariyat--

True!
But my cousins are married, they were close cousins.

Yeah of course that is also a possibility that can happen. Long story short you can marry your first cousins.
PrincessN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Yes! Of course we call cousins "Bhaiya/Bhai-jaan or Apu/Appi". But mainly cousins of same-age get married as far as i know.

Chacha-Bhatiji can marry because our Prophet (SM)'s youngest and beloved daughter Hazrat Fatimah(R) got married to her uncle Ali(R) only because they were of same age. That's why its allowed in Islam.

And cousins can marry because in the past(in the starting of the world) Harzat Adam(A) and Harzat Hawa(A)'s children were married to each other to start the world (i have heard this from my Huzur apu, correct me if i am wrong) That's why its allowed.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

lol..πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

you are giving examples of Hazrat Adam(A) and Hazrat Hawa(A).

Dear, Almighty Allah has ordered for marriage betwen their children. but the technicality is like all of the children of Hazrat Adam(A) and Hazrat Hawa (A) were borned as twins and it was not allowed for a child to marry his own twin sis.

coming to the point of chacha-bhatiji marriage,

Hazrat Ali (R) and Hazrat Muhammad (SM) were not full brothers, rather they are cousin Brothers, and thus Hazrat Ali (R) does not fall on the prohibited degrees and he can Lawfully marriage Hazrat Fatima(R).

and one more point, at thime of marriage between Hazrat Ali(R) and Hazrat Fatima(R) there was no such rule of prohibition and this Rule of prohibition of degree introduced later..!!

PrincessN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sorry but i know that Chacha-Bhatiji can be married! See my previous post i have said why its possible/allowed.

no..!!!

U are never allowed to marry your Uncle or Aunt if he/she is your Own Ancestor. Like father's brother.

But, Yup,u can marry ur uncle/aunt only if he/she is cousin of your father/mother. So if he is your father's cousin brother, u can marry him . But, In our country/society, such marriage is really very rare.

tweety16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
di reply karo ... 😈 😳 🀣
Rope_of_Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i am from south india and i am hindu here we do marriages between cousins..for me its usual i am quite comfortable with the concept
MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PrincessN

lol..πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

you are giving examples of Hazrat Adam(A) and Hazrat Hawa(A).

Dear, Almighty Allah has ordered for marriage betwen their children. but the technicality is like all of the children of Hazrat Adam(A) and Hazrat Hawa (A) were borned as twins and it was not allowed for a child to marry his own twin sis.

coming to the point of chacha-bhatiji marriage,

Hazrat Ali (R) and Hazrat Muhammad (SM) were not full brothers, rather they are cousin Brothers, and thus Hazrat Ali (R) does not fall on the prohibited degrees and he can Lawfully marriage Hazrat Fatima(R).

and one more point, at thime of marriage between Hazrat Ali(R) and Hazrat Fatima(R) there was no such rule of prohibition and this Rule of prohibition of degree introduced later..!!

Ohkay...
Thanks for correcting me😊
..Enchantress.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
To be honest it's kinda odd for me to see as well since I'm a Hindu and even in my extended family we all cousins treat eachother as siblings.
I don't know abt the religious approach but all I know is that its allowed in the Islam religion and its something new for me to see. I guess I will get used to this concept.
LilButterfly003 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..Enchantress..

To be honest it's kinda odd for me to see as well since I'm a Hindu and even in my extended family we all cousins treat eachother as siblings.
I don't know abt the religious approach but all I know is that its allowed in the Islam religion and its something new for me to see. I guess I will get used to this concept.

Same here ...
blueflames thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey prish,
It might be weird for a lot of Hindu viewers to see cousins romancing and flirting with each other, but the bright side of watching it getting to know more about Muslim culture and society.
For a long time Indian television is dominated by various Hindu community, gujratis, punjabis and Marathi etc. these shows taught Muslims like me about various Hindu rituals.
It's just a medium to learn about different people and way of life. 😊

x-affy-x thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I know a lot of Muslims where cousins do get married and its quite normal. Its something I've seen and have become accustomed too, even though now its practiced rarely

Born in England your not usually accustomed to such traditions or knowledge. I found out through my grandma that she is first cousins with my granddad. The basis for their marriage was due to female security. My grandma would be safe in a happy and safe in a household that she has grown up in. It depends on the relations between family, not all first cousins are emotionally close. Yes they share the same blood in some way, but they do not share that emotional sibling attachment.

Edited by x-affy-x - 10 years ago