Future storyline?

Buttercup007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys, here is a little snilpet of the interview of Prashant Bhatt the programming head at colors. See what he has to say about Beintehaan.

The promos of Beintehaan are quite intriguing. What is the show all about?
The basic pitch point of Beintehaan is that the story starts with marriage where two like-minded extremely head strong people who under normal circumstances would have never said yes to each other get married. Life, situations, people tie them in a matrimonial bond and their journey begins post marriage when the exploring and discovering each other starts. After marriage while discovering a person there are certain things you like and certain things you don't like while there are certain things you even hate and that is the beauty of a relationship after marriage. After a certain point you discover that you really love the person you married and that is what Beintehaan is all about.
What genre will Beintehaan fall in?
It is not a saas-bahu drama but a social saga or a social drama. We are talking about man-woman relationship out here and the extremities of it when they try getting to know each other. Also it might be that one may not like what one gets to know about the other person. However, after all the discovering and misunderstanding at the end of it you realize that you have to fight all odds to be with the person you really love so love is also not easy to get in life at the end of the day. I would say it is a family drama and a love story set in a social premise.
Any reason making it a Muslim premise? Was Qubool Hai becoming a hit since it was launched last year, the reason behind this?
I was very keen to bring this flavor on the Colors canvas for the past 2 years but I was just not getting the right story. Qubool Hai came on air almost a year back but we too were looking at this background before that. Had it been only because of Qubool Hai we would have jumped the wagon immediately after that show was launched but we didn't want to do it just for the sake of doing it. Just because one Muslim social is a hit we cannot repeat it. We were waiting for the right story that does justice to this milieu and backdrop and that is how Beintehaan came up. Even earlier we have had shows like Heena and Zaara - Pyaar Ki Saugat so the Muslim background has been explored time and again and at the end of the day it is good story telling.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BabyStone thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing! I'm interested to see how the storyline unfolds, I have a feeling it won't be similar to Qubool Hai
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Even i feel that its something different...Atleast not like crapfest of QH...
Thing which i like in this show is that Muslim Charatcers are shown sweet simple and decent while in QH they have annoying OTT people