natasha995 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hey i need to ask something,
As Zain and Aliya are cousins, zain is Aliya's mamo's (uncle) son and Aliya is Zain's phuphu's (aunt) daughter, so they both are cousins. so i need to ask that,

I am a Muslim and marrying a cousin or falling in love with him/her is normal for us but for non muslims cousins don't get married its forbidden and they cousin as brother or sister. so my question is to my non-muslim friends here that is it weird for you guys to see zain and aliya as a couple even they are cousins?!
please be free to share your views.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
me being punjabi, i find it kind of weird because i can't think of marrying my cousins ever. but it is some one else's culture and religion and i respect it 😊
Aisha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Okay I'm Muslim, but I still wanted to answer your question hehe.

Even I find the whole concept really weird. I see all of my first cousins as brothers. So to transition from brother to fiance/husband is not my cup of tea to say the least. But in the context of this show, I can overlook it. I don't think Zain and Aaliyah ever addressed each other as bro-sis.
Edited by imli123 - 10 years ago
Neeki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm Hindu, but a family friend of ours is Muslim and she married her cousin, found it weird at first but when she explained to me its a normal thing, didn't think of it weird after that knowing that it's part of her culture.
FatehTejo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: imli123

Even I find the whole concept really weird. I see all of my first cousins as brothers. So to transition from brother to fiance/husband is not my cup of tea to say the least. But in the context of this show, I can overlook it. I don't think Zain and Aaliyah ever addressed each other as bro-sis.

Also I am muslim and I agree with you. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Arshiforever8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah, it's strange to me, since Punjabis usually consider their cousins like siblings. And there's also that chance of genetic defects and how it isn't good for the gene pool...But still the chemistry between the leads is sizzling. ☺️😳
Edited by Arshiforever8 - 10 years ago
BabyStone thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm Muslim too but I think because I was born and brought up in the US, it's more of a foreign concept where as in Pakistan and maybe even India it may not be. I personally find it weird but I've seen other people give in to it and it works for them.

As for Zain and Aliya, I can't see them with anyone else except each other LOL
natasha995 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wahian4lyf

me being punjabi, i find it kind of weird because i can't think of marrying my cousins ever. but it is some one else's culture and religion and i respect it 😊

hmm good!πŸ‘ that you have respect for others and i know what you mean its kind of weird but the story is good and ofcourse you must be loving this couple!!
natasha995 thumbnail

lol yeah sure...

me too i mean i will never marry my cousins as i see them as my brothers. but still in a muslim family its normal here. yeahh i know they never got addressed each other as brother or sister and they just met when they were cousins so its more like you know they are just acquainted.
natasha995 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMG2010

I'm Hindu, but a family friend of ours is Muslim and she married her cousin, found it weird at first but when she explained to me its a normal thing, didn't think of it weird after that knowing that it's part of her culture.

Yeah its completely normal marrying a cousin. my parents are cousins n its normal and specially in Pakistan its normal to marry your cousin but on your wish if you are ok with it! so take Aliya and Zain as acquaintances. as related but not that related. just like humsafar drama. have you seen it? it was really popular show in Pakistan don't know about India but it was they were cousins like first cousins but never knew each other they never saw each other cause since kid they were living in different cities so yeahh it was good and its normal to watch marrying your relative