Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Ooh!!!!
Even my muslim friend is married to her cousin and she said it happens in Islam...

Anyway...ZaYa are amazing...
who cares if they are cousins?? :D
fahad1979 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
in Islam you can marry with cousins
Salman-Khan-Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Islam allows you to get married to your cousins, I am a muslim girl and my parents are first cousins. Zains dad and Aliyas mum are brother and sister, my dads mum and my mums mum are both sisters but I think you should not get married to your first cousin as if you did and have a child then the child can be born disabled, because both parents are related, being first cousins.

Your getting married to your cousin brother, cousin sister and in my opinion I think you should not get married to your first cousin and I find this disgusting as your first cousin should be like your brother/sister and I don't get it why would you get married to your first cousin. I would look at my first cousins as my brothers and would never get married to my first cousin.

In some religions its forbidden to get married to your first cousins and I think one of the religion is Sikhism.
Edited by Krutika-no1-fan - 10 years ago
amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I think it's kind of already given when Muslim children are growing up that their is a possibility they might get married to their first cousins. So even if they call Bhai or Bhaijaan to their cousins, majority of them are not really close to each other llike they would be close to their real brothers, so they just say it out of respect.
it also depends on family rules and how deeply on follows the islam. like for example if a girl wears hijab even if she calls her cousins Bhai, she still won't go without her head cover in front of her cousins like she would be around her own brothers.

I hope i helped and not offended anyone 😊
starsanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Yuvika_15

yep...to add to it... the first two, it means REAL brother and REAL uncle (as in mum/dad's real bro) u cant marry these... but u are allowed 2 marry cousins...its quite common 2...

there is something that says 2 brothers children cannot marry but a brother and sister or 2 sisters children can marry...anyone else heard of this?