Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: togepe30

Two shows can do well at one slot

Tarak Mehta has over 3 trps and even Madhubala does well..

PR is gone...and done with...who watches it...I heard its going to shut shop soon !

I remember when DABH started it had 1.2 -1.6 average TRPs for more than three months and only then it started rising when PR story fizzled down...And i think PR is dragging...It will meet same fate as Uttaran...So Beintehaa will get more viewers..especially Indian Muslims may try this one...
Edited by -AkkiLuvsNBT- - 10 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AshRun

The 4 reasons that you listed as good drama have unfortunately been used and are currently being used in other shows so that is not good enough for me because I watch dramas from across the border and they have more variety in conflicts that cause drama.

See there are certain cliches and unfortunately Bigamy is a cliche attached to Muslim families...
However this issue in 'Qubool Hai' is being used totally differently than here...there it is not funny and it is too soon to say how it will be used here..

As for TRPS...2 shows can do well at same slot..

And you said "same issues are being used in different shows"...but its working every time...πŸ˜†

Other common dramatic tracks are -

-Stalkers
-1st shaadi breaking/getting cancelled
-Accident
-Coma
-Miscarriage
-Plastic surgery

Indian TV is dumb to a huge extent !
Edited by togepe30 - 10 years ago
AshRun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I am feeling so relieved to hear that even DABH didn't start out too well, but gradually improved. I did not know that so thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully, Beintehaa will be a breath of fresh air for people as Harshad said.

Yes, Bigamy is being used differently elsewhere, but atleast one female is mature there. I somehow cannot stand the sight of 2 immature women in one frame. PLEASE try to understand that guys πŸ˜† I will continue to have an issue with the bigamy until they do something useful with it. I have maintained that since the 1st epi lol .

Yes, Surprisingly, these things have been working, but since my family doesn't contribute to making it work, I can feel proud πŸ˜† Plus, the magic soon fades away when the only point of conflict is rich guy, poor girl and incompatible couples. Geet, IPKKND Season 1, and Madhubala are great examples. Currently, even the 3rd show doesn't have the 3 + ratings it had at first. So, yeah they might work , but only for a small duration of time.Yes, sadly, even as an Indian American who loves the culture, I have to agree that Indian TV is pretty dumb lol. I hope that changes though, and btw, your list of other possible dramatic tracks made me LOL!

Daebak thumbnail
LOL...
U are so cute...U changed the title...Hahahaha !
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: AshRun

btw, your list of other possible dramatic tracks made me LOL!

Oh NOOO !!
I listed the other common tracks being used everywhere...I hope none of them are used here...I will stop watching right thenπŸ˜†
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail

LOL...

U are so cute...U changed the title...Hahahaha !

hey btw u were there in Sanskaar forum last year..we had discussion in TRP thread there...and also i guess u were big fan of Urvashi in BB 6...πŸ˜‰
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: -AkkiLuvsNBT-

hey btw u were there in Sanskaar forum last year..we had discussion in TRP thread there...and also i guess u were big fan of Urvashi in BB 6...πŸ˜‰

Ya I was there for Yashu...then left...Bokwas showπŸ˜†
Oh Yeah ...Urva is the bestest winner of BB everrr !!😳
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ya I was there for Yashu...then left...Bokwas showπŸ˜†
Oh Yeah ...Urva is the bestest winner of BB everrr !!😳

@togepe u were in BB6 forum.I too was big fan of urvi and nik.
These 2 r new to TV industry.I am sure they will do well and also this show.
Once BB starts what will happen?
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail

Originally posted by: Baingan

@togepe u were in BB6 forum.I too was big fan of urvi and nik.

These 2 r new to TV industry.I am sure they will do well and also this show.
Once BB starts what will happen?

Hello Baingan..saw u in BB 7 forum ..cool to see familiar people here...Umm Beintehaa has 6 months contract so if in this time span show does well and get 2.5+ ratings then BB 8 may be shifted to 10 pm Slot...
Daebak thumbnail
Many shows are on the verge of ending on Colors -

Uttaran
Bani
Sanskaar

All low on TRP...

I dunno why my gut feel says Harshad and Preetika will become big on TV...Also they cannot remove either Madhubala or Rang Rasiya from their slots..And BB cannot air in a 30 min slot...

BB might get 10 pm slot...abhi toh bahut dur hai BB...9 months to go !!
Edited by togepe30 - 10 years ago