Episode 2..changing title out of hope lol

AshRun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

After the second episode, I am even more convinced that Harshad Arora and Preetika Rao will literally have to carry this show on their own shoulders in order for it to survive.

The whole scene between the brother and bhabis was supposed to be funny, but am I the only one who did not even smile ? Why is a joke being made out of a serious issue in the house. They are 2 mature women, not 2 children. The way Suraiya ( Zain's Mom) was saying "you guys are always ready to scratch each other" sounded as if she is talking to her 2 little children and not adult DILs . I take immense offense as a Muslim to the fact that they are treating this as such a humorous issue. It was : absurd. annoying. ridiculous. unenecessary. to show this tamasha in the show.

Now coming to Aaliya's parents. I think Aaliya's Dad is gonna turn out to be greedy as was evident from his expressions when Usman asked if they need financial help. I think that is why Suraiya didn't want Usman to talk to his sister because she thinks that it is Suraiya who asks her brother for money. We'll see more about that, but I wanted to see atleast Aaliya's family as normal because Zain's family is very abnormal πŸ˜†

The saving grace of the below average episode was the airport scene. I am going to use that idea next time I fly Zain πŸ˜† I have seen people use bags to fill them with excess bagaggage and have done that too but he was standing there wearing the clothes with people giving him weird looks hahahah!!

There is something mischievious about Harsdhad Arora's face which makes all these antics look even cuter. Again, kudos to the casting directors.

But yeah, I don't see the TRPs coming for this show since they don't have interesting side characters or the kind of drama that other channels show at the same time slot.Above all, I think that good paralled leads would have beena good option, but Zain's bro and bhabis ka tamasha is silly, and Aaliya's sisters look too young. I hope Zain's friend, Rizwan, will have an important role to play. He is quite good-looking πŸ˜‰

I wonder how much Zain-aliya will be able to do on their own to hold my interest.
what did you guys think about day 2 ? 😊

Edited by AshRun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

filtered_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I understand that bigamy is a big issue indeed.
But its ok if they are showing this in a lighter way.
I mean ofcourse they must have planned to give some social message through that track.
Otherwise I dont see any reason behind them using this track just for humour purpose.
The show has just started.
We'll have to wait before we get to see the other side of their story.
Ofcourse they cant just sit & cry at their condition!
The tension between Shazia & Nafisa is quite evident!
Maybe they'll start working on this track after sometimes.

I dont think Aaliya's dad is greedy. πŸ˜•
I mean he seemed a really sincere & self-made man to me.
I guess you read his expressions wrong.
I thought that he & Shabana both feel uncomfortable whenever Usman asks them if he can help the family with some money.
No hardworking, sincere & a person with immense self-respect would want someone else taking care of his family's financial problems when he himself is capable of doing that.

I agree that this show wont get high numbers since it doesnt have all those masala & nonsensical drama.
But Im ok with that.
Coz I only like watching simple shows which are handled in a lighthearted way.
I really cant sit through dark & gloomy shows with loads if crying, crapping & melodrama.
Beintehaan is surely not one of them...atleast for now!

The leads are doing a really nice job.
Both are quite natural & I can see them having mindblowing chemistry too!
Especially Harshad as Zain is awesome.
I mean its really commendable for a newbie like him to put up such a natural performance.
And he's such a welcome change from the so common "Angry Young Man" male leads of the other "popular" shows.

So I guess we'll have to give them some time before everything unfolds.
It has just been 2 episodes now.
FromTheAshes thumbnail
seriously i didnt understand what was the need of showing bigamy?
AshRun thumbnail

Originally posted by: -...mohini...-

I understand that bigamy is a big issue indeed.
But its ok if they are showing this in a lighter way.
I mean ofcourse they must have planned to give some social message through that track.
Otherwise I dont see any reason behind them using this track just for humour purpose.
The show has just started.
We'll have to wait before we get to see the other side of their story.
Ofcourse they cant just sit & cry at their condition!
The tension between Shazia & Nafisa is quite evident!
Maybe they'll start working on this track after sometimes.

I dont think Aaliya's dad is greedy. πŸ˜•
I mean he seemed a really sincere & self-made man to me.
I guess you read his expressions wrong.
I thought that he & Shabana both feel uncomfortable whenever Usman asks them if he can help the family with some money.
No hardworking, sincere & a person with immense self-respect would want someone else taking care of his family's financial problems when he himself is capable of doing that.

I agree that this show wont get high numbers since it doesnt have all those masala & nonsensical drama.
But Im ok with that.
Coz I only like watching simple shows which are handled in a lighthearted way.
I really cant sit through dark & gloomy shows with loads if crying, crapping & melodrama.
Beintehaan is surely not one of them...atleast for now!

The leads are doing a really nice job.
Both are quite natural & I can see them having mindblowing chemistry too!
Especially Harshad as Zain is awesome.
I mean its really commendable for a newbie like him to put up such a natural performance.
And he's such a welcome change from the so common "Angry Young Man" male leads of the other "popular" shows.

So I guess we'll have to give them some time before everything unfolds.
It has just been 2 episodes now.

I thought I told you in your post yesterday that I don't like high TRP nonsensical dramas either. However, if a good story gets good TRPs then peoples views about what constituutes a good drama will change. For example, Humsafar was not OTT and still got high TRPs which brought about a sort of revolution in the country's TV industry. So, I don't mind Beintehaa being good for my brain and heart as well as a TRP gainer 😊

It's too early to say that I was wrong in reading Ghulam's expressions. Besides, I said in my post that we'll have to see.His behaviour in the market scene and today was a bit fishy to me. Sometimes when a family looks 2 good to be true there, can be a secret hidden πŸ˜‰ There has to be more to that family and what goes on there. They can't show them living happily ever after in a daily soap.

And yes, I couldn't be more happier about the leads. The best part about them being newbies is that they will be loyal to their first show. They won't have issues of wanting to sign movies, and wanting to take breaks because they're tired from the schedules of Indian TV. This show can be really beneficial for their TV careers, and they recognize that according to their interviews. And Yes,Zain is definitely a unique hero. Love him the most in the show. Preetika is lovely too, but I wanna take my time to like her as an actress becuase we haven't seen much of her as compared to Zain.
PrincessN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -WingsOfHeart-

seriously i didnt understand what was the need of showing bigamy?

May be CVs think that one in every two Muslim families likes to go for polygamy... 🀒
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Umm i rather loved both family...Reason is that...They are not OTT...And since whole show revolves around ZaYa...Its good in a way that we'll be treated with awesome chemistry of leads
Edited by -AkkiLuvsNBT- - 10 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ok here is what I feel -
1. Aaliya - I love how the character is developing and the use of HInglish...The phone conversation between her and her sister was too cute...First time I have heard a female lead go "Abey" and "Oh Teri"...

I also liked the terrace scene between the mother and the daughters.

2. Zain - Love the bonding between him and his dad. The marksheet scene was too cute,...and his mom going "Do u think his Prof talks only to you?"

3. Aaliya's dad and mom - Totally self made...You read his expressions wrong...He was kind of embarrassed about being asked his account number...It was like being told he cannot take care of his daughter's wedding on his own. He was more like speechless but didnt wanna sound rude by dismissing the offer of help.

4. Bigamy - U guys need to understand this show wants to depict every aspect of Muslim community and bigamy is one of them. That is no way means that they are endorsing this view...it is a reality and they are showing it.

Another point of the 2 wives is "need for a male heir" which is common in all religions...this is a common mindset..., not just muslims...Maybe the track will be explored once Aaliya enters the house.

LACK OF DRAMA??πŸ˜•

1. Incompatible leads
2. Poor girl-Rich guy
3. Guy's mom hates girl's family
4.Boy's bro has two wifes

What more masala do you possibly need???πŸ˜† Chat masala? Garam masala?

Performances -

Preetika did total justice to her role yesterday...The whole first half of the show was focussed on her and I did not get bored nor did my eyes wander to anyone else from her...Thats a good thing to have in a lead...

Harshad has good screen presence and good comic timing. His bonding with his family comes out very naturally...not at all forced...considering its only the 2nd episodes and the unit might not be too comfortable with each other.

Ensemble cast - The actors playing the mom-dad of both leads are very famous actors who have proved their mettle...Both Riva and Suchitra are good actresses and so are the men playing their hubbies.

The show has a lot of angles to explore to fill in the drama quotient and the fact that none of the leads overact..is a boon.

My gut feel says the show is here to stay...coz the leads are sure to make a place in the heart of the people...Even BALH started off on a very fresh note and got popular...Its a Colors show on 9pm slot...TRP milegi...everyone wants to watch a good no-nonsense show.

Edited by togepe30 - 10 years ago
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: togepe30

Ok here is what I feel -

1. Aaliya - I love how the character is developing and the use of HInglish...The phone conversation between her and her sister was too cute...First time I have heard a female lead go "Abey" and "Oh Teri"...

2. Zain - Love the bonding between him and his dad. The marksheet scene was too cute,...and his mom going "Do u think his Prof talks only to you?"

3. Aaliya's dad and mom - Totally self made...You read his expressions wrong...He was kind of embarrassed about being asked his account number...It was like being told he cannot take care of his daughter's wedding on his own. He was more like speechless but didnt wanna sound rude by dismissing the offer of help.

4. Bigamy - U guys need to understand this show wants to depict every aspect of Muslim community and bigamy is one of them. That is no way means that they are endorsing this view...it is a reality and they are showing it.

Another point of the 2 wives is "need for a male heir" which is common in all religions...this is a common mindset..., not just muslims...Maybe the track will be explored once Aaliya enters the house.

LACK OF DRAMA??πŸ˜•

1. Incompatible leads
2. Poor girl-Rich guy

Performances -

Preetika did total justice to her role yesterday...The whole first half of the show was focussed on her and I did not get bored nor did my eyes wander to anyone else from her...Thats a good thing to have in a lead...

Harshad has good screen presence and good comic timing. His bonding with his family comes out very naturally...not at all forced...considering its only the 2nd episodes and the unit might not be too comfortable with each other.

Ensemble cast - The actors playing the mom-dad of both leads are very famous actors who have proved their mettle...Both Riva and Suchitra are good actresses and so are the men playing their hubbies.

The show has a lot of angles to explore to fill in the drama quotient and the fact that none of the leads overact..is a boon.

My gut feel says the show is here to stay...coz the leads are sure to make a place in the heart of the people...Even BALH started off on a very fresh note and got popular...Its a Colors show on 9pm slot...TRP milegi...everyone wants to watch a good no-nonsense show.

..First of all Three Cheers for you...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
You summed up everything...Well said...yaar...

I agree with each and every line you wrote...Both leads family were shown very well...

Regarding TRPs..it has two competition..one from DABH on SP it has 5.5+ TRP while Ektas Long Running show PR on Zee Tv which has 2.5 average...In my POV PR's audeince might shift to Beintehaa as rite now apart from DABH there is nothing new on 9 pm Slot so People might give this show a chance as its a pure lovestory...So Beintehaa will get Average 1.8-2.0 TRP...

Major attraction of the show is ZaYa..as Harshad and Preetiaka make an innocent cute pair...which can definately catch ones attention...😳
AshRun thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

Ok here is what I feel -

LACK OF DRAMA??πŸ˜•

1. Incompatible leads
2. Poor girl-Rich guy

Performances -

I agree with you, but only on some points.Thanks for sharing your views on my post though 😊 The 4 reasons that you listed as good drama have unfortunately been used and are currently being used in other shows so that is not good enough for me because I watch dramas from across the border and they have more variety in conflicts that cause drama. Now since the points of conflict seem to be so typical, I can only hope that they use and treat them differently. *Fingers Crossed* I am not giving up hope on the show until a month after Zain-Aaliya get married πŸ˜†That is because I recognize the potential that it has having seen several urdu language, Muslim dramas before. According to Preetika rao, the drama will begin after their marriage which will happen early on in the drama so I'm gonna give them 4 weeks after the wedding and see if they are able to create a storyline, otherwise, I will move on. That's just me.

Bigamy- Ofcourse it is a reality, but it is not the only thing that happens in Muslim families. There are other good and bad facets to Muslim culture and things that happen in our houses that could have been highlighted. Besides, the idea is also being used currently on another channel, so I don't think that it was very creative or necessary for the producers to show it. Oh, and I never said they are endorsing bigamy by showing it. My issue was that there are only 2 muslim dramas out here and both are showing it which gives people the wrong impression of Muslim families.

Aaliya's Dad- How about we wait and see ? 😊

I completely agree about the performances. I especially like Naved Aslam's strong screen presence. I said that in my very first post itself. Harshad and Preetika are outstanding for debutants. I have actually raised my expectations from them because of how amazing they look together.

TRPs- Miracles do happen. DABH is extremely tough competition, but Beintehaa might just overtake it or get 3+ to force the channel to change the time slot of BB8. Afterall DABH also overtook some show, right ?

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Two shows can do well at one slot
Tarak Mehta has over 3 trps and even Madhubala does well..

PR is gone...and done with...who watches it...I heard its going to shut shop soon !