Raman and Prateek...What???

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Everyone is so angry about how Ishita handled her business on national TV, that something else got ignored. I wont get into whether she was right or wrong--I understand her reason for doing what she did, even if how she did it was basically ridiculous...But come on! Raman just bought Prateek for her! I want to ask--does no one have a problem with what Raman did with Prateek? Let me explain:

When Raman meets Prateek, he does so out of guilt. Well and good. He should be apologizing to Prateek for his actions, since they led to Prateek's family also being quite humiliated. He does not know that Ishita's engagement broke because SHE asked Prateek to choose, and that Prateek was a loser. If Raman had only apologized to Prateek for the disturbance, assured him of Ishita's innocence, and left, I would have thought him a hero.

What he does, however, is so completely insulting, it took my breath away. He offers to PAY Prateek, give him a good JOB, if he will return to Ishita's life. Now remember, Prateek does not work for Raman, he works at another firm. He is someone who Raman does not know at all, all he knows is that they were engaged, and now they are not. But what gives Raman the right to BRIBE another man? To put money into someone else's relationship? Does he have so little respect for marriage that he will reduce someone ELSE"S marriage in terms of money and power? Why, after he is feeling guilty over having misjudged Ishita, is he interfering with Ishita's life?

If Prateek was a decent man, he would not have left Ishita in the first place. Don't tell me an award winning CEO doesn't know that much about what makes a man a good person, and what actions reveal him to be a creep.

If Raman had yelled at Prateek, insulted him for leavng Ishita at the first sign of trouble, I would have appreciated Raman's actions. It would have been interfering, but it would have been an honest impulse, a strong man giving hell to a weaker fellow for not being...a man. And if he cared at all, he wouldn't have wanted a man who could be bought like that for Ishita, the woman who SAVED HIS KID.

What Raman does, and then what he says--don't let Ishita know about our deal--it shows him to be a creep too. He knows Ishita would hate him for the deal with Prateek--because its insulting, and she has already been insulted by him in every other way. But here, he just does it again---he has basically just bought Ishita a man, and the Prateek who called him less than a gentleman is now himself less than a man. And RAMAN KNOWS THIS.

I think there was an element of cruelty in Raman, which made me feel that his insulting on national TV later was actually just fine. Ishita didn't know what he had done with Prateek, but she called him on his other bullshit. I think Raman had already insulted her very deeply before she showed up at the TV station, by basically buying her a husband. And more than anything else he has already done, if I was Ishita, it is THIS action, the one of paying Prateek to come back to her life with lies and fake promises, all so he can get a job at Raman's office--it is this that I would never forgive him for.

Thoughts?

Edited by napstermonster - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoshniAN thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you! Was thinking the same... Actually I felt that what Raman did was against his character. In his intro they showed how he broke off his employee's marriage by proving how his wife was after money and now he's doing this... In this case he knows very well that the guy is after money... He knows how Ishita is and he knows that this marriage wont work... Its pretty crappy what he did...
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
completely agree with you. Its still the beginning n I guess its why Raman thinks everything in terms of money. He's a business guy n he's lost something, well lost so much to be precise. So he jus wants to prove himself big..
may be that's ymh, its Ishita that will bring out the humane side of him again, I guess.
But nevertheless what he did was cheap/mean n very bad! My pov
jojo1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: napstermonster

Everyone is so angry about how Ishita handled her business on national TV, that something else got ignored. I wont get into whether she was right or wrong--I understand her reason for doing what she did, even if how she did it was basically ridiculous...But come on! Raman just bought Prateek for her! I want to ask--does no one have a problem with what Raman did with Prateek? Let me explain:

When Raman meets Prateek, he does so out of guilt. Well and good. He should be apologizing to Prateek for his actions, since they led to Prateek's family also being quite humiliated. He does not know that Ishita's engagement broke because SHE asked Prateek to choose, and that Prateek was a loser. If Raman had only apologized to Prateek for the disturbance, assured him of Ishita's innocence, and left, I would have thought him a hero.

What he does, however, is so completely insulting, it took my breath away. He offers to PAY Prateek, give him a good JOB, if he will return to Ishita's life. Now remember, Prateek does not work for Raman, he works at another firm. He is someone who Raman does not know at all, all he knows is that they were engaged, and now they are not. But what gives Raman the right to BRIBE another man? To put money into someone else's relationship? Does he have so little respect for marriage that he will reduce someone ELSE"S marriage in terms of money and power? Why, after he is feeling guilty over having misjudged Ishita, is he interfering with Ishita's life?

If Prateek was a decent man, he would not have left Ishita in the first place. Don't tell me an award winning CEO doesn't know that much about what makes a man a good person, and what actions reveal him to be a creep.

If Raman had yelled at Prateek, insulted him for leavng Ishita at the first sign of trouble, I would have appreciated Raman's actions. It would have been interfering, but it would have been an honest impulse, a strong man giving hell to a weaker fellow for not being...a man. And if he cared at all, he wouldn't have wanted a man who could be bought like that for Ishita, the woman who SAVED HIS KID.

What Raman does, and then what he says--don't let Ishita know about our deal--it shows him to be a creep too. He knows Ishita would hate him for the deal with Prateek--because its insulting, and she has already been insulted by him in every other way. But here, he just does it again---he has basically just bought Ishita a man, and the Prateek who called him less than a gentleman is now himself less than a man. And RAMAN KNOWS THIS.

I think there was an element of cruelty in Raman, which made me feel that his insulting on national TV later was actually just fine. Ishita didn't know what he had done with Prateek, but she called him on his other bullshit. I think Raman had already insulted her very deeply before she showed up at the TV station, by basically buying her a husband. And more than anything else he has already done, if I was Ishita, it is THIS action, the one of paying Prateek to come back to her life with lies and fake promises, all so he can get a job at Raman's office--it is this that I would never forgive him for.

Thoughts?

YOUR 100% CORRECT👏👏👍🏼
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Raman was totally in his character...someone who thinks everything can be bought with money.He didn't even realize once that the man who was one second ago bad mouthing ishita is ready to marry her in the very next second just bcoz he offered her money.Raman is the person who thinks that for every mistake u make it is amendable with money.And by offering prateek a job etc raman has again prepared himself to fall in ishitas eyes
645435 thumbnail
Couldn't agree more ... Brilliant post
Raman thought all relationships can be bought by money just because he had one terrible experience, hence, that's why he almost bought Prateek!! I am eagerly waiting to see how Ishita gonna react to that!! ( expecting one or two lectures from her,LOL )
More than that Prateek was soo fake and cheap 🤢

-ChutkiBajake- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Reading your post, made me somehow feel what Ishita did was completely right ... Totally agree with you ...
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Money can't buy happiness surely not Ishitas, Raman shouldn't have done wish he did Ishita won't be happy with it but then again it shows how much Prateek can do for money. Ishita already knows how he is and I really hope she doesn't take him back.
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8
What surprises me the most is that..
This pprateek was the only guy who insulted Raman for almosting raising hands on Ishita but today.. when he realized Raman is big man... this is what he did...
Gosh.. How ridiculous.. !
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
He also offered Ishita money the day he sort of misbehaved with her...
The post is very well described.
Edited by ALUJNA21 - 10 years ago