Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Oh yes... the amma should have said something like 'seekaram wa' and it is irritating to hear incorrect Tamil words. I think the CVs should just stick to Hindi if they are not able to take the effort to research the right phrases.
wizardofoz2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 4
It is the north indian over south indian superiority complex at play. Do not blame ekta since she is catering to a hindi speaking audience primarily. But yes they could have paid a little more attention to grooming ishitas mom and fine tuning her dialogues to make them sound correct if not classy. It used to annoy me at first but i have learnt to see beyond all this.
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aliya_hzsn

But tamil is spoken in different ways rite?

Like wango is more "iyer" tamil grammer, instead of wa and po

In the iyer vocab, Wango is used either for a older person (in respect) or for multiple people.
So either ways the usage here wasn't right.
This is just an example. In general the way the Iyer famly is potrayed in the show doesn't look like a true one belonging to this era.
wizardofoz2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prejudiced

In the iyer vocab, Wango is used either for a older person (in respect) or for multiple people.
So either ways the usage here wasn't right.
This is just an example. In general the way the Iyer famly is potrayed in the show doesn't look like a true one belonging to this era.

Correct ! Especially the Iyer Moms OTT behaviour and the vibhuti on the forehead of all men. Even Ramans employee , an iyer guy was shown with vibhuti at work.
wizardofoz2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Preetz-

i was wondering the same as well but then i thought that since its precap, might be im thinking wrong cause generally in precap, its just a mix of angles..

another thing that irritates me is the dressing of appa.. im a brahmin myself and frankly that entire dressing of having a mel mundu put as shawl over his shirt is not how brahmins dress up..

Honestly do you think anyone even wears a veshti at home these days? People are mostly in western clothing, at least the ones from the big cities are. Another example or wrong portrayal.
PreethiR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: wizardofoz2

Correct ! Especially the Iyer Moms OTT behaviour and the vibhuti on the forehead of all men. Even Ramans employee , an iyer guy was shown with vibhuti at work.

@bold: i was also wondering on the same.. ekta needs to do proper research on iyer life..
PreethiR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: wizardofoz2

Honestly do you think anyone even wears a veshti at home these days? People are mostly in western clothing, at least the ones from the big cities are. Another example or wrong portrayal.

i dont mind him wearing a veshti.. cause some people never change irrespective of where they live.. but they need to check on how its worn and what's worn during functions atleast..
rainbowgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marybarton

Neena is a brilliant actress. She does her role very well. Her dialogues being wrong is not her fault. The writers however can do better.

That's what the TM was saying that the writers need to do their homework properly. She gave Neena's example as she's the one speaking tamil vocab more & in wrong context most of the time 🤔