Shagun - A confused Character

kavmuks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Till now I have not able to know which side is Shagun actually.. or rather what is her problem actually - Raman / Roohi or both.. i think yay's situation demanded some action from her side but she was totally captivated by Ashok.. but can we blame Ashok really.. she likes being his doormat leaving her husband and daughter ..
But my actual question is it Shagun character not well defined by CVs or is it Anita who is not able to do justice with the role ... i have found her facial expressions very confusing and her arguments also very dull... she looked happy with Raman also .. she looked happy with Ashok also.. she gets disturbed seeing Raman but she never object to Ashok to insult Raman .. she wants to see her daughter but cannot confront Ashok properly.. and the worst was when she agreed to Ashok's argument on if Raman has taken responsibility then he should do it all..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PyaarDostiHai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think it's the actor but the character itself.
Shagun I guess is supposed to be conflicted so that she's not a completely negative character. Perhaps so that if it comes around to a custody battle, it's not so obvious that Raman will win?
But ya so far shagun's character is really making little sense to me. Was she unhappy in her marriage or did she want money? And if she was just a gold digger why does she seem guilty when she sees Raman? I get her feeling bad seeing Ruhi or motherly towards her, but Shagun left Raman so what's with the weird looks she gives him!
RoopyJohal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think Shagun is dazzled and taken back by the rich life. I think it's just something she want's so much, and Ashok know's how to keep her under his control. He give's her everything she wants. I bet their will come a time way further into the serial where things will go bad with Ashok and she will try to get back with Raman, causing problems between him and Ishita but that won't be for awhile. I think like any mother, she does love her child but clearly she doesn't love her enough to go against Ashok. She fear's if she does, that she will lose all her riches. He has complete power over her now, because she knows if she goes against him that she will have absolutely nothing. No home, no family to go to, and she will be stuck all alone. That's what happens when you depend on a man, just as she is doing.
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Shagun in the book is a very human character. She made human mistakes. She did like Raman as a man but she wanted Ashok's money. Now she sees Ashok for what he is and she's not enjoying herself much. Karma has come to bite her. I get the feeling that she might have wanted Ruhi when she left but Raman kept her (rightly). Ashok's comment hinted that Raman insisted on that responsibility. Now she is torn between the two men and her daughter, so she will do little other than create havoc in everyone's life for her selfish needs.