Raman and Shagun as parents

-Rojaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Finally managed to watch the episode. It was a dramatic one.

If there is someone who disappoint me big time, it's ruhi's parents : yes Raman and Shagun.

Shagun

To begin with, Shagun not only as a mother but also as a human is a disappointment. I knew Ashok will be a heartless man; he acted the same way ! But the woman in me had little hope that Shagun would fight back and go to hospital. To my disappointment she didn't.Her character itself is complicated😕. First she dared to have a EMA , walked out of marriage leaving an affectionate husband and little daughter behind, she is in a live in relationship with her boyfriend even though she hasn't even got a divorce, all these aspects shows her as an independent woman BUT suddenly she had to act all docile 😲? Didn't have the courage to go against her Bf's words ? 🤔 Big disappointment.

From what I've seen in today's episode, its clear that Neither Shagun nor Ashok has deep affection for Ruhi , so the Curtoday case will most probably will be a manipulation from Ashok. And i don't see Shagun deserve to be given responsibility of Ruhi's upbringing ( Not that Raman is any better )

Raman

Is that me only or anyone else felt Raman was missing when the Ballas were arguing with the Iyers over the issue and when the police was checking Iyer's house then then he came back suddenly when they were being arrested ? Hope ts just a blooper. Disappointing to see him missing in such dramatic moments that concerns his daughter

I will just avoid commenting on Raman as a father as i wont stop it anywhere😆

Prateik

Hmm there was something wrong with this guy from the day one, his lecture on adoption ( even though i highly admired it and applauded for it ). Liked what Ishita said to him, such men need to develop a spine.The fact that he has agreed to marry ishita despite the fact that she cannot conceive, he considers it as a favor he does to ishita Hence he expected her to agree with him for whatever he says , I'm glad the opposite happened 👏

My heart goes for Mr and Mrs Iyer they have been punished for whatever they even though of.

The ballas, except Raman think we cannot blame others, anyone in their place would do the same as they aren't aware of the truth, but yes the use of foul language is avoidable.

Dimple and the other lady, they didn't open their mouth further framed The Iyers only to cover up a lie Is Mr Balla ( of course Ruhi as well ) the only sane one in Balla house 😕

Ruhi

Finally, Ruhi's life as the daughter of Raman and Shagun is just painful , neither her mom nor her dad has time for her. The mother is busy in her own life and the father is busy grieving over his past. And the innocent kid suffers ,Its Injustice ! The kid deserves happiness, she deserves to be taken care of and loved ! My heart wen to the kid when she called for Ishita aunty, i watched the scene again. Why on earth the kid is punished for the complication that the elders have in their relationships ?

PS : Sorry for any typos and grammatical errors 😳

Edited by -Roshani- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5
Nice post. Nothing disappointed me.not interested on bhalla futball team family no comments lol.frm beginning it's shown shagun n raman left ruhi. difference raman is physically there but both left ruhi n both at fault n irresponsible parents.both don't deserve ruhi custody inspite of being biological parents.they r just biological parents n proof is ruhi calling ishita aunty when mrs bhalla took child frm ishita to go upstairs after hosp fiasco.
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I just really don't understand the Bhalla family, at all. Obviously, their worry, etc would make sense, but the extent to which they go with everything is a bit much. Poor Ruhi, what a mess for a little kid to get caught up in.

I just really wanted to comment on that precap though, not going to waste any words on Shagun or Ashok - heartless people. Ishita's parents - my heart completely went out to them today. Oh that poor mother's biggest wish is once again shattered before her very eyes, and tomorrow's episode is probably going to be one filled with all kinds of anguish. I just hope that Subbu's family isn't chilling there, especially his mother, to add salt on the wounds of the Iyer family. Definitely not blaming Ishita for her final decision, although she could have handled the Ruhi situation better, but I do think she's well rid of Prateik. He did seem a bit too perfect.

Awesome post, as always!
Anisha_anitan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shaun was fab today in terms of acting but hate what she did tho
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
It's heartbreaking to see Ruhi pine for her parents who are refusing to be a part of her live due to their own needs and ego.
I was really hoping that Shagun would at least go to the hospital and sign those documents but unfortunately her priorities are elsewhere.
As far as Raman is concerned, the fact that he completely ignores his daughter just because she reminds him of his wife is unacceptable. In my opinion, a parent's love should be beyond that and more.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Raman is not a bad parent but he has a lot of emotional baggage to deal with. Once its done, he will be the better if not the best parent. He loves her and provides whatever she needs but fails to understand, he cannot be depended on his family and parents to take care of her. Sometimes love is no enough, we have to show it with our care and affection- small kids will not understand feelings or words - they needs to be shown by our acts. He is still bitter about the past and want to prove he can do better than Ashok and in the process forgot about his little girl - she is the real victim of the infidelity mess. He was betrayed but Ruhi lost her both parents somewhere in the mess.

Shagun left her kid for her own happiness. She was willing to leave husband and child for Ashok without compromising her basic needs but is willing to compromise to please Ashok -_-. I thought she may have a little bit of humanity inside her but nah..not even that. Money and luxury life is not everything and true happiness runs deeper than the possessions! She will miss Ruki once she sees the close bond Ishu and Ruki shares :) Her mother instincts will start to work out of jealously when its too late:)

You are right about the manipulation, they may just want the custody to beat Raman since they lost to him in business so its his way to take revenge🥱.

Prateik is very practical in life. Its just that he is not the right match for Ishu due to their different paths in life. He never said it was favor - its all about exceptions in life. He expects her to care of his career and be there for him in the same way he has no issue with her infertility. And she expected him to be by her side when she needed him the most. He is outsider and like Raman, he is not aware of the close bond she shares with Ruki. However he is at fault for not even giving her a chance to explain.

-Rojaa- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Naina..

I just really don't understand the Bhalla family, at all. Obviously, their worry, etc would make sense, but the extent to which they go with everything is a bit much. Poor Ruhi, what a mess for a little kid to get caught up in.

The Balla family have that attitude of '' my way or high way '' 🤔 And all including Raman don't think before speaking and have a loud bout. They don't even look like a caring family to Ruhi , yes they care for her but sometimes they look so irresponsible ; remember how poor ruhi was crying over tooth pain no one noticed , then letting Ruhi with Dimpy without even knowing much about her is just too much.

I just really wanted to comment on that precap though, not going to waste any words on Shagun or Ashok - heartless people. Ishita's parents - my heart completely went out to them today. Oh that poor mother's biggest wish is once again shattered before her very eyes, and tomorrow's episode is probably going to be one filled with all kinds of anguish. I just hope that Subbu's family isn't chilling there, especially his mother, to add salt on the wounds of the Iyer family. Definitely not blaming Ishita for her final decision, although she could have handled the Ruhi situation better, but I do think she's well rid of Prateik. He did seem a bit too perfect.

my heart goes to Mr and Mrs Iyer specially the mom her only dream was to see her daughter getting married I wonder how the Ballas will react when they come to know about Ishita's broken engagement and the reason behind it. Will it knock some sense in their head 😕

Awesome post, as always!

Thanks

Word Count: 1

-Rojaa- thumbnail

Originally posted by: akrj01

It's heartbreaking to see Ruhi pine for her parents who are refusing to be a part of her live due to their own needs and ego.

I was really hoping that Shagun would at least go to the hospital and sign those documents but unfortunately her priorities are elsewhere.
As far as Raman is concerned, the fact that he completely ignores his daughter just because she reminds him of his wife is unacceptable. In my opinion, a parent's love should be beyond that and more.

@ bold exactly my feelings my sympathies are with him for whatever he has gone through, but his behavior towards his daughter is Not justified specially when he took responsibility of taking care of her, i think thats what Ashok also said which is right
-Rojaa- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aahaana

Raman is not a bad parent but he has a lot of emotional baggage to deal with. Once its done, he will be the better if not the best parent. He loves her and provides whatever she needs but fails to understand, he cannot be depended on his family and parents to take care of her. Sometimes love is no enough, we have to show it with our care and affection- small kids will not understand feelings or words - they needs to be shown by our acts. He is still bitter about the past and want to prove he can do better than Ashok and in the process forgot about his little girl - she is the real victim of the infidelity mess. He was betrayed but Ruhi lost her both parents somewhere in the mess.

Like savz said Raman is physically there as a parent , that too not always. Him having emotional baggage is obvious but if he has taken responsibility of Ruhi's upbringing then he needs to fulfill it. Taking her responsibility but ignoring her is not justified.

Agree with your point @ bold

Shagun left her kid for her own happiness. She was willing to leave husband and child for Ashok without compromising her basic needs but is willing to compromise to please Ashok -_-. I thought she may have a little bit of humanity inside her but nah..not even that. Money and luxury life is not everything and true happiness runs deeper than the possessions! She will miss Ruki once she sees the close bond Ishu and Ruki shares :) Her mother instincts will start to work out of jealously when its too late:)

@ bold so true . Shagun knows she is still Ruhi's mother even though she doesn't live with her But the moment she sees her place in Ruhi's life as her mother is threatened , her jalousie will start to work. And i feel the custody case will be a combination of manipulation by Ashok and Shagun's jalousie.

You are right about the manipulation, they may just want the custody to beat Raman since they lost to him in business so its his way to take revenge🥱.

Prateik is very practical in life. Its just that he is not the right match for Ishu due to their different paths in life. He never said it was favor - its all about exceptions in life. He expects her to care of his career and be there for him in the same way he has no issue with her infertility. And she expected him to be by her side when she needed him the most. He is outsider and like Raman, he is not aware of the close bond she shares with Ruki. However he is at fault for not even giving her a chance to explain.

Word Count: 1

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7