Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-ChutkiBajake- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Imu.M-

He's clearly a character that has, what the society would say, good morals? He knows when to say the right thing or when to do the right thing. But I just find it inconsistent in his character that he chooses to be bitter to other girls because of his past experience. It seems bizarre for a sorted man like him to act such a way.

Imu

I know right! Just like in today's episode when he tiled the police to behave respectively with Ishita's parents ... I was happy with his move ...
But then when it comes to girls, his past experience comes forward. I failed to understand why he hasn't been over it yet ?? It's been six years ...
Even his "brother-friend" Mihie tried to make him understand that all girls are not the same, but no use!!
DivianTanz_Divz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
An awesome post dear.
Exactly, I like the concept of modern life reflection and the unconventional characterization of the leads, the most.
babithaj thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hello,

I have not posted anything in this section of the forum. I am a 19 year old boy who happens to love Indian TV shows, well sometimes. I wanted to take a few minutes to type down some of my thoughts that arose from watching the show.

Firstly, I wanted to command Divyanka Tripathy who plays the role of Ishita she has done a wonderful job playing her role. She comes across as a really sweet and very calm and relaxed girl who knows when to speak and when not to. One thing that stroked quite strongly was the level of vulnerability there is in her character and her acting. The emotions seems real. No doubt.

She plays a role where she cannot conceive and have a child and she always seems to become vulnerable at the face of those derogatory comments. She is a strong character who could stand up and defend herself but she seems to know that it won't change the perception people have of her. Maybe it's because she knows she can never change her condition therefore those comments will never fade. I believe that subjects/topics such as this reflect the real world out there. We all have something lacking that leaves us speechless and we can never defend ourselves no matter what. The vulnerability of this subject reflects the current world out there. These 'lacking' in common people prevent so much in our society sometimes like being unable to find a husband who isn't willing to adopt or being unable to fall in love.

The creative team, I believe, has done a wonderful job in not making the show a typical asian show where the girl struggles to find her a suitable groom. Ishita's current fiance is a breath of fresh air who actually brings about a new way of thinking. Like he said when you have a child it is the child that matters not where the child came from. This reflects the minority of those men who dares to think differently and not like those majority who are concerned about having a child who has their DNA.

Mr Raman Kumar, on the other hand, well he is a confusing character. He believes in doing the right thing, like believing in telling the truth regardless the situation and circumstances yet he fails to accept the fact that people like Shagun exists - girls who are concerned with having more money and having luxuries. I mean surely wanting money and luxury is nothing bad and if one person couldn't afford it and someone else could then why is it such a bad thing that you left one person for another. Similarly, in real life we leave one job for another because it pays us better but when we go for an interview we say all sorts to the company like how loyal we are and how we would like to progress etc. Does that then not mean that we are also the same just the situation is different.
Mind you, I am not saying we should all be like this if we need to. We need to realise that just because we think they're wrong doesn't mean they are. What we think is merely our 'opinion' it holds absolutely no value to them.

I believe the show has done a wonderful job bringing in subjects that somewhat reflects the current society. But there's still a long way to go to understand that we can't keep being bitter or be revengeful because of bad incidents that have previously occurred in our life.

I hope nobody takes me wrong. Like I said what most of us say is opinion it doesn't have to hold any value to you at all.

Feel free to leave your thoughts.

Kind Regards
Imu

I agre with the hwole thing what u tried to say thru this post... hats off... U r a matured guy n trying to understand ppl n trying to put urself in their shoes... Gud... But on ething is disturbing , the bold part... I know girls like Shagun n even boys too exists... but she should hv respected Raman's TRUE LOVE for her... n she could hv brought this Raman, who is now[ Rich, potential Business man] with her love.. she could hv encouraged him to bringout his real talent , when he is ready to do whatever, however she wants... Poor guy, he has gone thru so much bcos of her vulnerability, everybody can hv their own life n can chose, but it should not hurt the ppl near n dear. We should live life for near n dear ones who truly cares for us... I pity Raman here n whoever in the place of Raman...All they look for is a rope to hold on . Here Ishita will give him that support n make him come back to his true self, which is gentle n caring n he was very innocent in his early life... Poor he, he has to change himself too much...
By the way nice post to read n analize.. Thanks to u...I liked ur POV.. Great going in this young age...Keep Up...😃 God Bless...
Edited by babithaj - 10 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Mr Raman Kumar, on the other hand, well he is a confusing character. He believes in doing the right thing, like believing in telling the truth regardless the situation and circumstances yet he fails to accept the fact that people like Shagun exists - girls who are concerned with having more money and having luxuries. I mean surely wanting money and luxury is nothing bad and if one person couldn't afford it and someone else could then why is it such a bad thing that you left one person for another. Similarly, in real life we leave one job for another because it pays us better but when we go for an interview we say all sorts to the company like how loyal we are and how we would like to progress etc. Does that then not mean that we are also the same just the situation is different.
Mind you, I am not saying we should all be like this if we need to. We need to realise that just because we think they're wrong doesn't mean they are. What we think is merely our 'opinion' it holds absolutely no value to them.

Nice post, Immu:)

However I disagree with the quoted part. Leaving current job for better job is not the same as a wife/mother leaving behind her husband/child for a "better" husband/boyfriend material.

Leaving job is not a big deal because its about our material needs and better opportunity for our careers. But husband and child is about life long commitment and it does have consequences because emotions and feelings are involved.We are human beings with powerful emotions .It's hard to have sympathy for anyone who cheat upon their spouses and their children.

It takes two to make a marriage and one to destroy it. She always wanted luxury life so she could have encouraged her husband to work harder and make it better and top of it. If you aren't happy, leave but why make the child suffer? She brought a kid into this world only to abandon it. She could have maintained a good relation with the child after the divorce but she didn't do that either. She is selfish human who put her own needs before her own kids happiness.

What would she do if Ashok abandoned her for someone "better and younger" than her? I think it will happen in the future and she will realize her mistake. Money and luxury life is not everything and true happiness runs deeper than the possessions!

She couldnt compromise her life with Raman but is willing to compromise whatever Ashok ask her to do - it shows a lot about her :)

However I do not judge her, but her choices had heavy consequences for other peoples life as well and several damages!

-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Aahaana

Nice post, Immu:)

However I disagree with the quoted part. Leaving current job for better job is not the same as a wife/mother leaving behind her husband/child for a "better" husband/boyfriend material.

Leaving job is not a big deal because its about our material needs and better opportunity for our careers. But husband and child is about life long commitment and it does have consequences because emotions and feelings are involved.We are human beings with powerful emotions .It's hard to have sympathy for anyone who cheat upon their spouses and their children.

It takes two to make a marriage and one to destroy it. She always wanted luxury life so she could have encouraged her husband to work harder and make it better and top of it. If you aren't happy, leave but why make the child suffer? She brought a kid into this world only to abandon it. She could have maintained a good relation with the child after the divorce but she didn't do that either. She is selfish human who put her own needs before her own kids happiness.

What would she do if Ashok abandoned her for someone "better and younger" than her? I think it will happen in the future and she will realize her mistake. Money and luxury life is not everything and true happiness runs deeper than the possessions!

She couldnt compromise her life with Raman but is willing to compromise whatever Ashok ask her to do - it shows a lot about her :)

However I do not judge her, but her choices had heavy consequences for other peoples life as well and several damages!

Most certainly you're right, in your place. We cannot ignore the fact that actually what we assume is right may not be right for somebody else. I understand that she's making a child suffer. But as a kid, students etc in most aspect of our life we get taught that we should do what makes us happy regardless what other thinks about so if Shagun is doing what makes her happy even if it means that the a child has to suffer then does it make her action wrong because she's being selfish and somebody else is suffering.

I understand that most of us cannot put a value on family life in comparison to monetary success and what not. But we cannot ignore the fact that there are people in the world who put economical success first then family life but it doesn't mean that they're wrong just because we think family comes first.

We all do actions that makes us happy but always saddens others but yet we don't stop doing it. Just similarly Shagun too has done that the only thing is her action seems a lot more severe when actually it is probably the same just different situation.

Thank you for your comments, Good to see some feedback.