We all become vulnerable at the face of ...

-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello,

I have not posted anything in this section of the forum. I am a 19 year old boy who happens to love Indian TV shows, well sometimes. I wanted to take a few minutes to type down some of my thoughts that arose from watching the show.

Firstly, I wanted to command Divyanka Tripathy who plays the role of Ishita she has done a wonderful job playing her role. She comes across as a really sweet and very calm and relaxed girl who knows when to speak and when not to. One thing that stroked quite strongly was the level of vulnerability there is in her character and her acting. The emotions seems real. No doubt.

She plays a role where she cannot conceive and have a child and she always seems to become vulnerable at the face of those derogatory comments. She is a strong character who could stand up and defend herself but she seems to know that it won't change the perception people have of her. Maybe it's because she knows she can never change her condition therefore those comments will never fade. I believe that subjects/topics such as this reflect the real world out there. We all have something lacking that leaves us speechless and we can never defend ourselves no matter what. The vulnerability of this subject reflects the current world out there. These 'lacking' in common people prevent so much in our society sometimes like being unable to find a husband who isn't willing to adopt or being unable to fall in love.

The creative team, I believe, has done a wonderful job in not making the show a typical asian show where the girl struggles to find her a suitable groom. Ishita's current fiance is a breath of fresh air who actually brings about a new way of thinking. Like he said when you have a child it is the child that matters not where the child came from. This reflects the minority of those men who dares to think differently and not like those majority who are concerned about having a child who has their DNA.

Mr Raman Kumar, on the other hand, well he is a confusing character. He believes in doing the right thing, like believing in telling the truth regardless the situation and circumstances yet he fails to accept the fact that people like Shagun exists - girls who are concerned with having more money and having luxuries. I mean surely wanting money and luxury is nothing bad and if one person couldn't afford it and someone else could then why is it such a bad thing that you left one person for another. Similarly, in real life we leave one job for another because it pays us better but when we go for an interview we say all sorts to the company like how loyal we are and how we would like to progress etc. Does that then not mean that we are also the same just the situation is different.
Mind you, I am not saying we should all be like this if we need to. We need to realise that just because we think they're wrong doesn't mean they are. What we think is merely our 'opinion' it holds absolutely no value to them.

I believe the show has done a wonderful job bringing in subjects that somewhat reflects the current society. But there's still a long way to go to understand that we can't keep being bitter or be revengeful because of bad incidents that have previously occurred in our life.

I hope nobody takes me wrong. Like I said what most of us say is opinion it doesn't have to hold any value to you at all.

Feel free to leave your thoughts.

Kind Regards
Imu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-ChutkiBajake- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Couldn't agree more πŸ‘ brilliant post
The show has certainly reflected some of our society issues... And I completely agree with what you said Raman, he needs to change his perspective..

Edited by -ChutkiBajake- - 10 years ago
-Imu.M- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ChutkiBajake-

Couldn't agree more πŸ‘ brilliant post

The show has certainly reflected some of our society issues... And I completely agree with what you said Raman, he needs to change his perspective..

He's clearly a character that has, what the society would say, good morals? He knows when to say the right thing or when to do the right thing. But I just find it inconsistent in his character that he chooses to be bitter to other girls because of his past experience. It seems bizarre for a sorted man like him to act such a way.

Imu
Durresyed thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well said Imu. Women are more practical and matured than men. Men seems to be rough and tough, but they are very emotional.
Raman can not belive that she has left him and kid. It will take sometime for Raman to trust somebody. I totally agree with his behavior.
-Imu.M- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Durresyed

Well said Imu. Women are more practical and matured than men. Men seems to be rough and tough, but they are very emotional.
Raman can not belive that she has left him and kid. It will take sometime for Raman to trust somebody. I totally agree with his behavior.

That's understandable it takes a while to get back on our feet after our legs ability have been severed but doesn't mean we should disregard everything around us, should we? Maybe its just human mind that works differently. But his behaviour to Ruhi seems unjust to me. Because she reminds him of Shagun but I don't understand why he thinks that's a bad thing because of course a kid is most likely to resemble his/her parents. Sometimes some of these characters just have no consistency! That's what annoys me.

Then again, nobody's perfect!
Durresyed thumbnail
@Imu, it will go long and long...
I do not follow much of these soaps. Being boy, you initiated this post.
Which are other shows you follow.
Durresyed thumbnail

I mean to say which other shows you watch.
-Imu.M- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Durresyed

I mean to say which other shows you watch.

I watch two shows from Star Jalsha - bengali soaps, and from star plus this show and Pyaar Ka Dard Hai and that's pretty much it. I try watch Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon now and then often forget to πŸ˜†
Durresyed thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Imu.M-

I watch two shows from Star Jalsha - bengali soaps, and from star plus this show and Pyaar Ka Dard Hai and that's pretty much it. I try watch Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon now and then often forget toπŸ˜†

Usually boys will not watch soaps. Was curious to know that's all.
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
first of all when I joined here I know a boy named imran, is that u πŸ˜ƒ I guess its u...but I dnt remember on which forum I met u n kmh forum, or do Hanson ka joda forum or somewhere else πŸ€” btw u might not knw me.
ok back to post...loved it and agree with you...agree with u abt ishita. .I just love her and ruhi's scene. ..their relation s soo pure. and as u said I feel very sad seeing d way raman behave with his daughter. ..he s still stuckd n his past where shagun left him...its high time he should move on n his life..!