Bollywod kool video YHM launch Ekta wanted 11pm slot

RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 10 years ago
i saw some posts here asking for time slot change but here in this YHM launch video Ekta Kapoor said that she wanted 11 pm slot for the show & star plus general manager also said that Ekta asked for the slot
Ekta said she wanted to make a show away from the pressure of the ratings & yet make it buoyant enough for the channel to run 
she said she feels that this show caters mainly to urban audiences she felt that it wont do well at 8 or 9 pm ..she said its for people like office goers who will come home late from office and want something good to watch 
SP manager said that there is no such thing that a show cannot be a blockbuster hit at 11pm in fact Ekta's show on sp 15 years ago at 11pm was a very high trp getter
he said that people say its winter & people wont watch tv at 11 however they are not judging this show on the basis of this winter or a few months or a season they are going to judge it over a long period of time they are not bothered but winter etc ,,,trps do matter as we all want ratings to plough into content but they are confident that with ekta's expertise show will do well at 11 pm
11pm is also a primetime slot he said its late prime time..and this show is mainly for urban audiences

link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Ig2fog3a4 Edited by ...RamonaG.... - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

G_for_Ganga thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing Ramona๐Ÿ˜Š
If Trps are not a matter for EK & Channel, then i'll catch the repeat telecast next day happily๐Ÿ˜‰
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: ll-Bliss-ll

Thanks for sharing Ramona๐Ÿ˜Š

If Trps are not a matter for EK & Channel, then i'll catch the repeat telecast next day happily๐Ÿ˜‰

well 11pm is considered to be the safest & most non competitive slot ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
chathu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the Info.. yup Im also agrying this time slot has no competitor... n I wish ekt wont ruin this show...  relief 
Serena.V thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow now it make sences. Tfs
sunaina02 thumbnail
I remember KTH was at 11 pm 10 years earlier and it was a massive hit.  

Personally,  I prefer 11 pm shows as an office goer . 
DivianTanz_Divz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If Ekta and SP don't have any tension about TRPs, in fact they are confident that still this show will gain high TRPs, I don't have any more complaint against time slot๐Ÿ˜›.
Thanks Ramona and thanks to Ekta for such a noble thinking.
the_Rij thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Ramona.I am loving the show now and hope they won't ruin the show. I loved they said that sometime story matters most than Trp and they don't want the challenge and pressure to change the storyline with that. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
if trps dont matter for this show then its good bcoz now atleast it can stick to its theme without any abrupt changes/leaps/senseless twists. And also 11 pm slot is too good for romantic scenes ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apart from all this i seriously feel ekta is trying to crash its long time enemy Balika vadhu which she has already done with Jodha akbar at 8 pm...so she is also blocking the 11 pm repeat of that show. I am really impressed!๐Ÿ˜›
the_Rij thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Malika

if trps dont matter for this show then its good bcoz now atleast it can stick to its theme without any abrupt changes/leaps/senseless twists. And also 11 pm slot is too good for romantic scenes๐Ÿ˜‰

Apart from all this i seriously feel ekta is trying to crash its long time enemy Balika vadhu which she has already done with Jodha akbar at 8 pm...so she is also blocking the 11 pm repeat of that show. I am really impressed!๐Ÿ˜›

You have a point Malika and I am loving it too. ๐Ÿ˜Š Ekta is really smart bringing Jodha Akbar at 8 and Yeh hai Mohabbatein at 11 PM

You have mentioned about this show being a good one somewhere I don't remember where... And I started to follow it and I am really loving the show now. Thanks