Old Article on Chhavi Pandey: Singer from state makes it big on small

thrower thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

- Chhavi Pandey gets lead role in Nikhil Advani's soap Sang Mere Dol Tu to be aired on Star Plus
AMIT BHELARI
Chhavi Pandey . Telegraph and Fotocorp pictures

Patna girl Chhavi Pandey has bagged the lead role in film director Nikhil Advani's debut TV serial Sang Mere Dol Tu. The soap would be aired on Star Plus from September this year.

Chhavi, who has already made a name for herself on small screen and Bhojpuri cinema, considers this chance her biggest feat till date. "It is a proud moment for my family and me. I am working with ace director Nikhil Advani, who chose me from among hundreds of girls who took screen tests for the serial. I was always interested in acting, dancing and singing. I trained in classical music at Navrang Lalit Kala Kendra in Patna and reached the final of India's Got Talent on Colors in 2008," she said.

A resident of Ashok Rajpath, Chhavi did her schooling from St Joseph's Convent High School. She completed her graduation in sociology from Magadh Mahila College.

Talking about her previous achievements, Chhavi said: "I took part in Sur Sangram on Mahuaa TV and later acted in a TV serial Ankhiyo Ke Jharokhe Se on the same channel. Impressed with my performance, I was signed as the lead actress in a Bhojpuri film Bidesia. I performed at a function at SK Memorial Hall in front of Laluji (RJD chief Lalu Prasad), who was the railway minister at that time. He was so impressed with my performance that he offered me a job in the railways."

Asked about the latest serial, Chhavi said: "Sang mere... is the story of a girl who is introvert and wants to become a dancer. Nikhilji appreciated my acting and said I have a long way to go. I am grateful to him and BBC production house which gave me this opportunity."

The 25-year-old actress also aspires to work in Bollywood. "I want to try my luck in Bollywood. I will look for opportunities during my stay in Mumbai," said Chhavi.

Advani, who directed Shah Rukh Khan in blockbuster Kal Ho Naa Ho, said he is impressed with Chhavi's acting skills. "Chhavi is a talented girl and I know she will make us proud. She has a bright future in acting and I am happy to take her in my serial," the director told The Telegraph.

Chhavi's father Umesh Kumar Pandey, a retired government employee, is a proud man. He said: "I never made any objection to her career choice. In today's world, parents must understand the feelings of their children and should stop discriminating between sons and daughters."

Her mother, Geeta Pandey, can't wait to watch her daughter's serial. "She has struggled a lot to achieve her goal. I am very happy to see my daughter bag such a big opportunity."

Chhavi's best friend Geepika, who has known her for the past the 20 years, said: "She was always interested in cultural activities . I am happy that she has finally achieved her goal. Even though she has become a celebrity, she never throws any tantrum and behaves like the same old Chhavi."

Source: http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120611/jsp/bihar/story_15593421.jsp#.UrFpU7wvA8o

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
aww sucha heart warming article.. Chavvi is a darling of the first order.. as I always say she is a dedicated actor.. super talented and humble.

Thanks for the share.

Regards
Sia
sonal_cb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS
Chhavi is indeed very talented and beautiful...i hope she will go long way  in terms of success with EBI👏👏