The Unsaid Prayers - Ishman OS

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Its my first attempt here.Hope you guys like it. Will anticipate your feedback.

The Unsaid Prayers

Through the silhouette of the chiffon curtains in his bathroom, Raman stole a glance at his newly wedded wife. Her face glowed with morning sunshine and wet hairs hung in loose curls down her curvy waist. Enwrapped in her kitchen chores she looked poised and radiant. He gazed at her steadily. Her kohl-touched eyes suddenly became radiant and her glossy lips curved into a soft smile as she knelt over their 5 year daughter, roohi. This was a sight Raman could not give a miss since he had entered into matrimony with Ishita. The bond Ishita and Roohi shared was something he had begun to cherish. He had never seen Roohi so happy as she was with Ishita and this was the bigest thing that made him confident about his choice. He bent in trying to look further.

"ouch" a sudden wince from the washroom startled ishita off her serenity. While trying to peek through the curtains Raman had accidently cut his face with the razor."holy crap" he whined seeing blood oozing from his face.

"what happened" Ishita asked worried as she walked in straight into the bathroom without paying much attention to his semi nude state.Raman flushed in embarrassment.

"Oh! thats a bad cut. you are bleeding Mr kumar" 

"no its k. I am fine" he looked away.

"You are not, I am a doctor please let me see it" she grabbed some tissue from the side, and pressed it against his cheek to stem the flow of blood. Raman felt a bolt of current pass down his spine as her soft fingers brushed against his bristly stubbled skin.He looked away exasperated as her tangy scent made him skip a few heartbeats.

"come let me apply some antiseptic" she said in a concerned tone.

"no I said I am fine. You look after roohi" raman's face flushed scarlet red, startled by his own emotions. This was surely not happening to him."Not again", he thought frustrated. Ishita felt surprised and irritated at the same time. Her husband was aloof and cold that she knew since ever but he was so fussy with small things was a new discovery for her. But then she was a doctor and she knew how to set fussy kids straight. Not caring much about his protests she soaked a piece of cotton in his aftershave and dabbed it against his bruised jaw.

"aaah" he winced as the antiseptic stung. "I said I am fine. can't you mind your own business" he fumed in irritation.

"so when was your last tetanus shot?" she asked in her usual sweet oblivious tone.

"what??"

"your last anti-tetnus shot mr kumar...in case you havent had it in last five years you need it today"

"you arent serious are you"? Raman brooded in worry.

"I am very serious.Its a metal cut Mr Kumar. You need the jab straightaway" she smirked. "All the men are so same" she thought to herself.

"I dont think theres any need of that. And waise bhi I have meetings lined up so better you let me get going" he tried to sound firm.

"I cant beleive a grown up man like you is finciky over a small needle" she suppressed a smile.

"Who told you that.Stop assuming things okay." raman felt irritated.

"okay if thats so we'll visit the hospital once we drop roohi at school.I hope thats fine with you" she quirped and left the room giggling. Raman felt angry seeing himself left with no choice.After all the big male ego was involved now.

After dropping roohi school,Ishita took him to hospital.She stifled a giggle seeing Raman's face drain color seeing the needle. She held his hand tightly as the doctor gave the shot. For a few moments, Raman felt lost as he looked deep into her emerland eyes.The compassion in them made him feel absolutely pampered and cared for. The feeling was as new and fresh to him as the first downpour of the season. He had never felt so desired and important.

"see! its done and you didn't even know" she said smiling sweetly to him. There was a thing so genuine about her smile that it made his anger melt like snow in May.

"thanks" he said , voice a little husky. She nodded with a smile.

After Raman's injection was over, Ishita walked alone in the corridor as Raman had excused himself for a phone call.She looked around checking the good facilities at the hospital when suddenly a tall man walked into her. For a second she felt frozen at her place as he closely looked at the man's face. It was Subu..For the next few seconds none of them spoke anything.

"hey ishita"

"hiee..." there was a tremble in her voice but she managed to compose herself.

"bhai told about your wedding...well you didn't bother to invite me but i cant be that cold you see...afterall we had a relationship of 7 tears...congratulations for the new start" subu's taunt hurt ishita in the heart.He was the man she once loved the most in her life. It made her feel ashamed of herself.

"Pls subu its time we should move on from what happened in past and let each other live in peace. Aka told me about your wife's accident...i am really sorry for what happened.Though I dont think I can ever imagine in how much pain she must be, but hope she's coping well.Pls be there with her in this tough time.And I know your mom wanted you to be back at your home and it was only bcoz of Aka that you couldn't shift.Pls dont worry about that...I will talk to her and convince her...you just..."

"pls ishita cut the crap" subu interrupted her in the middle leaving her shocked.

"You know what Ishita, you really don't need to be sorry for me. Bcoz some day or the other ragini will become a mother...and my family will be complete...well unlike..."

A drop of silent tear escaped Ishita's eyes as subu said those cruel words. She wished to slap him hard in his face but knew even that wasnt of any use.His pathetic thinking was his biggest punishment.

"So where's your dearest husband...wont you like to introduce me to him. Let me see the lucky man"

Before Ishita could give subu a piece of her mind she heard a blaring voice from the behind.

"Hey!..."

Her heart thudded hard as she saw Raman walk past her.

"Hi Raman Kumar, Ishita's husband" raman held out his hand to subu which he took in utter state of shock.

"goodmorning sir" subu stumbled totally embarrassed and freaked out.He was flabbergasted and stunned. Ishita couldn't understand what was happening.

"good morning Mr subramaniyam.I didnt know you knew my wife. I am glad to know that but if i am not wrong you took a leave from office on the pretext of a relative's sudden death if I am not wrong? Anyway see you in the office in another half hour.Hope you will be free from your relatives place till then" raman retorted settling his glasses right with one hand.

"sure sir" subu mumbled panicking and tried to walk away.

"well Mr subramaniyam" raman called out. Curling his arm around Ishita's shoulder, he pulled her near. Ishita was shocked. " It would be great if you could join us for dinner someday.I am sure you'll have a great time with my family. I, my wife and our little daughter roohi."

Ishita stared at raman painfully as a drop of tear rolled down her cheek while subu wished the ground just shattered and took him in. He ran out of the hospital before he puked his gut out and spoiled the newly marbled floor.

"shall we..." raman said drifting apart from ishita and began to walk.A silence descended upon as they walked across the corridor.Nothing was wleft to be said or acknowledged, ishita just stared at her awe-inspiring husband with utmost surprise. What Raman had done for her today no one ever did. A sense of belongingness had taken over her and she felt complete.She now had a family to look after, a daughter to care for and last but not the least, a husband who stood for her like a rock.Though it wasnt like she had found the love of her life or something but she had found much. Today she knew where she belonged. Somehow god had heard all her unsaid prayers.

Edited by Malika - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raja.rani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
was eagerly waiting for the OS and FF s to flow in... Its wonderfully written dear...Felt it while reading... Ishra already has an impact on me... Do write some more plz...
AnkitaKaran thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
waw superb...👏
thank u thank u😊
sugarbird thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
first os of this show... lovely one... well displayed emotions... congrats...
RamanIshita thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wow amazing OS on IshMan, my favourite couple on TV😳
AnkitaKaran thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
plz plz do write next part...
_symphony thumbnail

Originally posted by: raja.rani

was eagerly waiting for the OS and FF s to flow in... Its wonderfully written dear...Felt it while reading... Ishra already has an impact on me... Do write some more plz...

Thanks dear...glad you liked it.Now i am waiting to read some 😉
_symphony thumbnail

Thanks a ton 😊
Serena.V thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Omg i loved it you should continue now i need more it was so cute verry nice written 😆
_symphony thumbnail
Thanks a ton for the lovely comments guys  🤗