Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sg2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: dsr11

agree suchi, Anjali may not be doing anything to help Aastha. Anjali reacts according to her situatuon. She does have tenderness in her heart but she also has the stubbornness when it comes to Niranjan and traditions of the house. She is conflicted. Aastha is preaching something entirely opposite to what Niranjan has forced into her being. Sometimes she displays that tenderness towards Aastha but today she has Niranjan and his principles hovering over her and she chose Niranjan over Aastha. She is Niranjan himself in this epi.

Yes what you say is true.
I know everybody got mad with me yesterday for going against Anjali , but I think she deserved that wrath yesterday for stooping down so much. Lachii pm ed to me ki itna gussa kyu on Anjlai? but I think the lady deserved no sympathy yesterday . On other days yes I did pity her .
bluejalpari thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sg2013

Since everybody had HAS here. I have some HAS thoughts too,

Was NA like Shlok in his younger days, somebody who wanted to go against traditions ?
A little background here . There are mainly 3 major sects of maharashtrian brahmins - deshastha - eg : both -Agnihotri and Deshpande ( jyoti's husband) , koknastha - eg Godbole , anjali's parents and Karhade - Kirloskar - Astha. Marriage between these 3 sects was not common previously especially in arranged marriages. So did NA marry Anjali against his parents wishes and wanted to bring change In his family. NA's parents were orthodox and probably his mother made Anjali do all these rituals and she could not go against them and Anjali's parents complained to the police for torture of their daughter and NA had to go to jail, although it was not his fault but a misunderstanding that it was not him but his parents( may be mother) who troubled Anjali.

NA then started taking revenge from Anjali by now really making her follow all the traditions and becoming very orthodox. So he makes Anjali do all this since she did not go against his parents's may be mother's wishes and stand for him. So NA taunts her that you could not be a good wife .Chachu always taunts Anjali too that she could not go against anybody. Over the years NA then made Anjali exactly like his mother as a punishment for not standing up for him. . Does Chachu taunt Anjali because of this too? Since he too saw Anjali was not strong to bring the change.

NA asked for Astha's hand for Shlok although he knew Astha was Kirloskar. Was it purposely to show Anjali that Shlok and Astha can go against the traditions? NA had told Shlok he would support Shlok in all his decisions which we have seen him do. Shlok and Astha's horoscopes were not matching, but NA was ok with it since most likely when he married Anjali their horoscopes were not matching or he did not care about them ? NA told the pundit not to tell that to anyone since he knew Anjali would then stop the marriage on that pretext.

NA did see that Astha could speak against Shlok the very first time he met Astha but still wanted her as DIL.A man who is so narrow minded a male chauvenist would not want somebody like Astha to be DIL? So why did he chose her ? So that she would now go against the traditions and fight them , something he wanted Anjali to do but failed. May be Anjali has now become exactly like her MIL.

NA accepted Kavya as his granddaughter and proudly said so. NA actually started educational institutions which later became his business . NA asked for Astha as DIL. When she had said nothe other girl's last name was Pradhan , not most likely not brahmin but kayashta . So have they shown the narrow minded ness of the prevalent caste system and the sects and subsects too? Was Swati not a brahmin? Was that the reason Anjali did not want her? NA basically punishes Anjali who then punishes Astha . Is NA taking revenge on Anjali by making her do all these rituals for his own insult by her parents like Shlok who was taking revenge on Astha because of his father's insult ?

Sorry for this HAS but it has been bothering me for a long time now that why did the story writer chose 3 last names which are prototypes of the 3 different sects of maharashtrian brahmins. Jyoti was married into same sect as Agnihotri . Did Varad like somebody who was different but had to chose Sojal who belonged to the same sect or is Sojal like the pradhans as her mother knew the Pradhan. Was NA hoping Sojal too to change the codes of Anjali but she failed him too and so now wants Astha to do so.? NA does not like Abhay as much as Anjali .
These are just HAS thoughts and I may be completely off track here.

I understand these sects and differences because I grew up in maharashtra...but present day not many people think about these..I knows many brahmin marathi friends married to marathas.
I do think you have a good point in thinking...
But since the story is made for national audience..I do not think differences between diff marathi brahmin sects or breaking that code is the moot point here...that is very very difficult to explain to non-marathi audience...
I think the name Agnihotri was chosen because it represents sacrifice in fire...sacrifice of personal happiness. And Agnihotri and Kirloskar might have been chosen for the Jamadgani-Renuka-Parashuram aspect that we saw before.
If really NA wanted change or wanted change in his family...he would have been looking for a working daughter in law, maybe another business owner's daughter. Common he has an empire...he can choose many rich girls...but he chooses Astha because she is middle class...padi rahegi...LOSS OF HIS CONTROL OVER HIS HOUSEHOLD IS HIS PROBLEM.

True Astha fought initial meeting, but NA saw she apologized at her father's insistence.
What better way to control the heir and son than find a meek wife for him and have the DIL and her parents be puppets.
No I think NA is a real Creep...and there is some past that links him to Kalindi's past..her past marriage. Kalindi's previous Sasubai has been referred many times over...maybe she will make an appearance soon.

I also have a doubt that Shlok is really AVdhoot's son...( in know people will throw eggs on me for this๐Ÿคข, but I really feel so...) because in many scenes where Avdhoot says mein Baap hoon ya baap ka dil or pitaah...he does not say beti ka baap hun.
I do feel Avdhoot is very mila hua in Shlok's plans..and Shlok and Avdhoot are together going to bring NA down.

As usual I could be wrong!! But I truly do not think NA married ANjali to being change..if so he would not have beaten her on AShlok wedding day..that horrible scene...and there wouldnt be the stick in thier room.
If NA wanted change, he would have brought change atleast for Jyothi's sake..who he knows is not happy.

First scene NA asked for AStha so that he can have a hold on AVdhoot for business reasons...
Edited by bluejalpari - 10 years ago
Sg2013 thumbnail
Yes bluejalpari
, Agreed I might have reached a point in HAS where I might need treatment, so I should better stop now.
Edited by Sg2013 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Great thoughts Vinayak and Varad are both names of god Ganesh but Vinayak is leader and varad is blessing. So is vinayak now leading Astha and Shlok to fight against the traditions? Remember the day Shlok let Astha get the ring and NA and Anjali got mad , Vinayak came to console them together and told them to do what is right. Shlok never answers back to Vinayak although Shlok considers or shows that his dad is his whole and soul, he still has very good relations with Vinayak. Varad for that matter means blessing. So he is the softer one who always comes as a blessing to Astha and Shlok. He supports them and helps them in his own way by removing the obstacles that come between them . So he gifted them the HM package and now saved Astha's life , he is Astha's Bappa here. He has blessed her.

Did. Vinayak not marry because he could not marry somebody he wanted and was not allowed or did he not want another Anjlai in the house so remained unmarried?

Your analyses are amazing, this one and the one top of pg 3. Thanks for educating re Varad being the blessing, blessing in disguise. The HM gift is symbolic yes and you so right when he runs to save astha, and the 3rd pic in my post, his leg (left?) indicating his support concern caring for Astha. And just now me remember the day he put his hand on her head, yet another form of blessing. He even wishes sojal had qualities like astha.
IMO Vinayak represents the Truth and may be thats why his presence so limited, just a thought.
Yes remember that day when Vinayak came to Ashlok rescue. Also the day when asthu could not walk and limpingly went to where chachu was sitting on sofa separately and the wonderful convo the two had was heartrending. And Vinayak thanked god to himself for asthu being the new bahu of this convoluted Agni family, who will "fix" this family.
Good point as to why Vinayak never married. Me conjecturing. He is honest, truthful, kind human being, no false pride or ego. He knows the society he lives in and the family he belongs to. So there's no room for him to lead the kind of decent life he wants to live. Also since he dont care for false name fame like big bro and perhaps grew up watching all sorts of wrong things, wrong doings. So said, heck with this kind of life. I am better off staying single. Remember hindi expression, na rahega baans na bajegi bansuri ** Perhaps it means why get into something if you dont know how to get out of it, I think๐Ÿ˜•
Me just blabbering, but ...
Yes for Shlok only baba and siblings matter as we saw in Thurs epi for big sis Jyoti.
**P.S. took me long time to post this as google simply couldn't find english meaning.
prem(ms)
Prani08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Operaqueen

Madhu ji, good afternoon! Good to see your post, Chap- pals, size 8 ๐Ÿ˜† Yes boots will be good, it's cold here,๐Ÿ˜† Also liked the significance of the bindi that you explained. Hope you are doing well.

Boots will be welcomed dear..it says...
Sg2013 thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev24

Your analyses are amazing, this one and the one top of pg 3. Thanks for educating re Varad being the blessing, blessing in disguise. The HM gift is symbolic yes and you so right when he runs to save astha, and the 3rd pic in my post, his leg (left?) indicating his support concern caring for Astha. And just now me remember the day he put his hand on her head, yet another form of blessing. He even wishes sojal had qualities like astha.
IMO Vinayak represents the Truth and may be thats why his presence so limited, just a thought.
Yes remember that day when Vinayak came to Ashlok rescue. Also the day when asthu could not walk and limpingly went to where chachu was sitting on sofa separately and the wonderful convo the two had was heartrending. And Vinayak thanked god to himself for asthu being the new bahu of this convoluted Agni family, who will "fix" this family.
Good point as to why Vinayak never married. Me conjecturing. He is honest, truthful, kind human being, no false pride or ego. He knows the society he lives in and the family he belongs to. So there's no room for him to lead the kind of decent life he wants to live. Also since he dont care for false name fame like big bro and perhaps grew up watching all sorts of wrong things, wrong doings. So said, heck with this kind of life. I am better off staying single. Remember hindi expression, na rahega baans na bajegi bansuri ** Perhaps it means why get into something if you dont know how to get out of it, I think๐Ÿ˜•
Me just blabbering, but ...
Yes for Shlok only baba and siblings matter as we saw in Thurs epi for big sis Jyoti.
**P.S. took me long time to post this as google simply couldn't find english meaning.
prem(ms)

Hey prem great thinking as always with you.
,there are many names for ganapati, the lord of all the ganas, but there are 12 names for lord ganesh which we pray everyday. It starts with prathama vakratundamchya - the one with the trunk and ends with dwadasham tu gajanan.the 10 th name is vinayak, one who is a leader. Rememeber number 10 is like number 1 . Vakratunda is removes all crookedness , and vinayak is leader , again basically 10 means number 1 . Leader. So is it that vinyak is slowly leading by removing this family's crookedness with the prayers and blessing and his faith in those ? Shlok , Varad and Astha respectively ?
Edited by Sg2013 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluejalpari

First scene NA asked for AStha so that he can have a hold on AVdhoot for business reasons...

Exactly. But then the Q comes as to why he doesn't know that avdhoot wont bow down to NA's deceipts and wrong dealings even if daughter becomes NA's DIL bcoz he knows his own daughter too well. After all, there i go again, honhaar birwaan ke hot cheekane paat, ie coming events cast their shadows before. Kalindi ajju avdhoot brought up astha with good values and sanskaars. They trust themselves to trust astha implicitly and that she cannot even dream of doing anything bad or wrong and put either her new family or parents to shame.
bluejalpari thumbnail

Yes bluejalpari

, Agreed I might have reached a point in HAS where I might need treatment, so I should better stop now.

No yaar...๐Ÿ˜Šwe all have HAS..otherwise why would i be trying to connect Kalindi-NA-Anjali and Avdhoot's past...
sometimes i wodner of Ashtha and Shlok have been switched at birth...
that is dire case of HAS...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

so please go on with ur ideas!
bluejalpari thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev24

Exactly. But then the Q comes as to why he doesn't know that avdhoot wont bow down to NA's deceipts and wrong dealings even if daughter becomes NA's DIL bcoz he knows his own daughter too well. After all, there i go again, honhaar birwaan ke hot cheekane paat, ie coming events cast their shadows before. Kalindi ajju avdhoot brought up astha with good values and sanskaars. They trust themselves to trust astha implicitly and that she cannot even dream of doing anything bad or wrong and put either her new family or parents to shame.

What Avdoot is and AStha is that we know and came to know through the course of the show..but NA doesnt know that about Avdoot when he proposed the rishta...
He even tried to get papers signed at vyahibhoj...remember...so NA had hopes...
radev24 thumbnail

Hey prem great thinking as always with you.
,there are many names for ganapati, the lord of all the ganas, but there are 12 names for lord ganesh which we pray everyday. It starts with prathama vakratundamchya - the one with the trunk and ends with dwadasham tu gajanan.the 10 th name is vinayak, one who is a leader. Rememeber number 10 is like number 1 . Vakratunda is removes all crookedness , and vinayak is leader , again basically 10 means number 1 . Leader. So is it that vinyak is slowly leading by removing this family's crookedness with the prayers and blessing and his faith in those ? Shlok , Varad and Astha respectively ?

My sis/BIL live in b'bay, about 17 miles from Siddhi Vinayak in Prabha Devi and she posts on FB every single day abs fantastic murthi of Ganeshji. Its become her way of life, not even morning tea until she posts that.
I have a CD of Ganesh Mantra ... Vakratunda mahakaya sung by Suresh Wadkar that I listen to on some mornings, moola mantra, gayatri mantra, and what a peaceful way to start the day.
That's why every since chacha made 1st entry, I stopped right there. And without knowing, as we do now, what his character was going to depict, I went wow he's going to be my kind of guy. Well, rest as they say is history.
Of course you've put it better about removing this family's "crookedness" by being sarcastic I guess, by intervening every chance he gets when noticing NA/AA's crooked traditions, UGHly pati pooja, etc. That mon epi was unbearable, as much as it was for him and Varad.
Also love V&V camaraderie as both straight thinkers and hate put ons like hitler NA.
Not clear what he thinks of Shlok other than the fact that latter is totally blind to the truth. I guess to move the story forward.