Reflections on this show!

aussie.priya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi everyone!
So, I'm from California and my parents and grandparents all watch Indian TV shows. Usually, I watch bits and pieces from time to time, although most don't hold my interest.
However, this show is such a nice change!!!
Though the two moms in the show are, in my opinion, a bit over the top, I'm really happy with several things.
  1. Divyanka has a job! She's independent, educated, and has a very realistic balance of a work and family life.
  2. Again, Divyanka's character :) She is professional but not the stereotypical (at least on TV) working woman who hates men because she is a strong independent woman. She's a strong woman who doesn't need hate the male species because she is a normal person. I love this normalcy because it is so rare in Indian TV.
  3. She is just a very realistic portrayal of women. And OMG! She doesn't wear 60 pounds of jewelry and a face full of make up all the time! Yay!!! 😊
Lol. I never type this much or post for that matter. Would love to see some comments and ideas!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divya17.8 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome to the forum...😃
And agree with u characterization of Ishita is very good and very much realistic...
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fellow California Resident ...Hugs..
So far so good. I like Ishita's mom too.A genuine mom that cares for her daughter's happiness..
Divyanka makes Ishita beautiful. Ishita was glowing in her white suit.
Ruhi is one of those you feel like hugging right away.
Mrs Balla is a bit annoying...hopefully we get a see her better side in the coming episodes.
Ishrafanno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aussie.priya

<font size="3">Hi everyone!
</font>

<font size="3">So, I'm from California and my parents and grandparents all watch Indian TV shows. Usually, I watch bits and pieces from time to time, although most don't hold my interest.</font>
<font size="3">However, this show is such a nice change!!!</font>
<font size="3">Though the two moms in the show are, in my opinion, a bit over the top, I'm really happy with several things.</font>
  1. <font size="3">Divyanka has a job! She's independent, educated, and has a very realistic balance of a work and family life.</font>
  2. <font size="3">Again, Divyanka's character :) She is professional but not the stereotypical (at least on TV) working woman who hates men because she is a strong independent woman. She's a strong woman who doesn't need hate the male species because she is a normalperson. I love this normalcy because it is so rare in Indian TV.</font>
  3. <font size="3">She is just a very realistic portrayal of women. And OMG! She doesn't wear 60 pounds of jewelry and a face full of make up all the time! Yay!!!😊</font>
<font size="3">Lol. I never type this much or post for that matter. Would love to see some comments and ideas!</font>

Agree with you 100%. Sick and tired of heavy sarees, make up and jewelry. This is a fresh change. Ishita is just gorgeous and rui is soo adorable.