Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: poseidon2

My replies in red

Our sage taught their decendents why it is imortant to keep the blood pure and why same caste marriages are important and inter caste marriages are frowned upon. Why gotra divided people to maintain the sanctity of a commiunity but I call it a human body. May be they knew that it is importnat to remian disease free and they were far more learned from us today, they knew what can happen and I have firm belief that as belief in Ved declined, belief in dharm also declined and adharm arose but then our sages knew this very well that this will happen.

Bhavishya Puran says it all, the prediction how humans will become greedy, selfish, corrupt, adharm will increase, Homosexualtiy, sex, incestual relationships, one day will come when human will eat humans, canibalism will come on earth and we already hear that this man ate his own child or this owman ate etc Psychological disorders would persist. I have not read bhavishya Puran but I read something like that that sages have already predicted what is happening today back then. One of the prediction was that women will rule as they are ruling today. How this world would get destroyed. I read that the same way the world was made, it's reverse would happen to destroy it. Like we reverse a movie.

you are highly mistaken.

marrying in another community does not mean that your blood will become impure. this can be really termed as racist.

by the way today's modern science has proved that inbreeding gives rise to weaker offspring and many heath issues. this is applicable in plants , animals and humans also.
inbreeding may keep your "blood pure" but definitely not keep you "disease free"😆😆. May be but it ensures that one is at his best health this was the idea and don't forget our sages were heavily into research work yes without modern tools or apprentices. That is why ayurved is very popular today becasue their finds helped us modern people in researching more on disease and their cures.

to become more resistant to diseases and disorders , to provide more adaptability , cross breeding is highly preferred. 👏
but then obviously the blood doesnt remain "pure". ouch !!🤢

you did not understand what I said marrying into blood relationship results in diseases and gotra system was invented just to keep the breed pure. And marriages within caste or inter caste happened all the time regardless of what Ved or our sages said. For example Shantanu marrying a low caste fish woman it was no big deal especially for kings or people from royalty. Well sages were not that modern at that time and they did what they thought best and today modern science still looks up to their research and their hard work when they need some solution

Heavy research is going on, on our upnishads and veds to find their secrets. Anyway, both modern scinece and our sages have said the same thing that chidlren of parents who are cousins can have impure blood or breed or genetic defect. Sages may have used the words impure blood and modern science call it Genetic defect. Both are same things. depends upon our understanding. 😆😆
Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

isnt it dangerious when u want to have a child and u have the same bloodline that child can have big decisas or handicap. This is also practised by muslims and ive seen a lot couples with the same bloodline whose child are very sick or handicap... It is saver to marry someone outside your bloodline. Their are people who sees cousin as bhai or behen..and uncle and aunty as mom and dad figures...

Edited by .Reshama. - 10 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

isnt it dangerious when u want to have a child and u have the same bloodline that child can have big decisas or handicap. This is also practised by muslims and ive seen a lot couples with the same bloodline who are very sick or handicap... It is saver to marry someone outside you bloodline. Specially when u see ur cousin as your bhai or behen..

true and this is the reason why there are more genetic disorders in Muslims. here read this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-514911/Tragedy-children-born-genetic-defects-parents-cousins.html

These ,marriages basically take place because people are ignorant people need to be educated why these marriages can destroy whole family's life when a child with genetic defect comes into our lives. In western countries marriage license have to be taken plus blood samples is taken before marriage to check if any one of the couple have any disease but I think one more step should be taken their blood samples should be matched if their progeny might have genetic disorder.

In India somehow it is difficult but is it possible to check it thru gotra, kul gotra, caste, surname???? Well, our sages made sure some sort of method is there to prevent genetic disorders thru same blood marriages or cousin marriages. More research should be conducted.

Yes you are right from the begining we tell infants that these are your brothers or sisters call them didi bhaiya and you know in Sanatan Dharm we do not have any word for cousin all are bhai behen 😆😆 it is with advent of English language that we have learnt to call them cousins otherwise before we learnt the word cousin we always referd to our cousins as mameri behen mamera bhai chacheri behen mausara bhai dadiya sasur dadiya saas nati poti etc etc 😆😆 How cute these terminology sounds I am sure in other parts of Bharat they also must have different terminologies. 😆

Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

true and this is the reason why there are more genetic disorders in Muslims. here read this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-514911/Tragedy-children-born-genetic-defects-parents-cousins.html

These ,marriages basically take place because people are ignorant people need to be educated why these marriages can destroy whole family's life when a child with genetic defect comes into our lives. In western countries marriage license have to be taken plus blood samples is taken before marriage to check if any one of the couple have any disease but I think one more step should be taken their blood samples should be matched if their progeny might have genetic disorder.

In India somehow it is difficult but is it possible to check it thru gotra, kul gotra, caste, surname???? Well, our sages made sure some sort of method is there to prevent genetic disorders thru same blood marriages or cousin marriages. More research should be conducted.

Yes you are right from the begining we tell infants that these are your brothers or sisters call them didi bhaiya and you know in Sanatan Dharm we do not have any word for cousin all are bhai behen 😆😆 it is with advent of English language that we have learnt to call them cousins otherwise before we learnt the word cousin we always referd to our cousins as mameri behen mamera bhai chacheri behen mausara bhai dadiya sasur dadiya saas nati poti etc etc 😆😆 How cute these terminology sounds I am sure in other parts of Bharat they also must have different terminologies. 😆

am really shocked that this is also practised in some parts of india
rasyafan thumbnail
am really shocked that this is also practiced in some parts of india

In south India basically in north it is strictly banned I am sure you must have heard of Khap who kill anybody if they marry within gotra or inter caste in the name of honour killing in fact in our villages all the chidlren girls or boys are considered siblings therefore marriage within a village is also not aloud.
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In Rajasthani Jat community everyone who is immediately associated with 4 surnames; own surname (that is father's surname), mother's maiden surname, paternal grandmother's maiden surname, maternal grandmother's maiden surname. These 4 surnames are known as the candidate's 'Gotra' (lit. branch). Any 2 candidates who want to marry cannot have any Gotra in common. The marriage is allowed only when all these 4 shakha are different for both the candidates. This automatically rules out closer cousin marriages. Also, this ensures best genes passed on to the offspring.

Source : Wikipedia
Vish1435 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

am really shocked that this is also practised in some parts of india

Though not from India but of Indian descend I would like to write something here about the lines in red.
From the infant age my parents taught me to call mamas' / attas' sons 'bhava' and daughters' bhabhi, kaka/chacha's/ mausis' sons annhas and daughters akkas. They are all my cousins and we don't call them didi or bhaiya. My mum married her mama's son and this is prevalent in most South Indian houses in Fiji.
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raadhni

Though not from India but of Indian descend I would like to write something here about the lines in red.
From the infant age my parents taught me to call mamas' / attas' sons 'bhava' and daughters' bhabhi, kaka/chacha's/ mausis' sons annhas and daughters akkas. They are all my cousins and we don't call them didi or bhaiya. My mum married her mama's son and this is prevalent in most South Indian houses in Fiji.

Yes in south India such marriages are prevalent among hindus too and we are discussing if these can be the cause of genetic defects many studies and research are going on in this regard

Nice terminologies you have 😃
dhvanisoni thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Since people are talking about incest marriages I would like share something.

I took an immunology course in my last year at the University and gained some detailed knowledge about why is it that the cousin marriages and/or sibling marriages produce weaker offspring or have defects, pregnancy losses and in some cases even cause stillbirths (mom giving birth to a dead baby).
Here is the info if somebody is interested: ( I have tried to write it in the simplest way possible)

There is something called HLA in our bodies which are somewhat like immune cells which help fight disease. These HLA antigens are also used to determine how compatible a donor's organ (say for example, a kidney) is in case of transplants. The more common the HLA antigens the better the recipient will survive.

But, when it comes to pregnancy its kind if the opposite. The more different the HLA antigens are of mom and dad, the better survival rate of the baby. This is because mom's body first recognizes the baby HLAs different and develops an immune response to it. In order to protect the baby the cells at the barrier between the mom n baby produce chemicals to fight back. This prepares the baby to fight back diseases in outside world as well.

Also, another interesting finding is that the more diverse the HLAs are of a male and a female the more attracted the female is to the male's body odour. So, a women is by nature attracted to a man that has least common HLAs and thus producing an offspring that is more viable.
anuramesh26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Actually you cannot marry a person from the same gothra, irrespective if the person is your relative or outsider. So automatically a woman's gothra changes to her husbands' after marriage. And moreover, one is allowed to marry their maternal uncle's (mamaji) daughter or son. And paternal aunt's (bua ji) daughter or son. This was / is the hindu custom. Hence arjun and subhadra's marriage was correct.
Edited by anuramesh26 - 10 years ago