Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: peridot.

MB is full of contradictions. On one hand we have examples of high tech pregnancy and births in the form of cloning, IVFs, surrogacy which demand deep knowledge in genetics while on the other we have customs that go exactly contrary to what genetic experts would advise- to shun marriages amongst close relatives to prevent recessive disorders in the progeny. sisters getting a different surname after marriage does not change their genetic make up! Changing of the surname is just a man made custom and has no scientific basis for considering it "proper" to marry amongst blood relatives with dissimilar surnames!
Even if it was being done in ancient times presumably due to ignorance I wonder what the excuse is for continuing it in this age when there is sufficient knoweldge and evidence for its adverse effects. Could it simply be due to the fact that people find comfort in following the beaten track 😕

no they had very good knowledge of it that is why marriage between people with same blood was not permissible that is why gotra were invented to keep the blood pure and hence no marriage between castes or intercaste marriage were aloud in some to keep the breed pure.

but just as we do not believe in certain traditions or go by what Gita has said similarly some tribes or communities did not live fully according to the ved and as the yug passed dharm also declined and belief in ved also declined In Dwapayug we already saw the decline of dharm and increase of adharm. And with Yudhisthir Dharm also left the earth and Kalyug took it's entry
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

no they had very good knowledge of it that is why marriage between people with same blood was not permissible that is why gotra were invented to keep the blood pure and hence no marriage between castes or intercaste marriage were aloud in some to keep the breed pure.

but just as we do not believe in certain traditions or go by what Gita has said similarly some tribes or communities did not live fully according to the ved and as the yug passed dharm also declined and belief in ved also declined In Dwapayug we already saw the decline of dharm and increase of adharm. And with Yudhisthir Dharm also left the earth and Kalyug took it's entry

Hmmm...so marrying cousins whether mothers side or fathers side would constitute adharm, do I read you right?
rasyafan thumbnail

MB is full of contradictions. On one hand we have examples of high tech pregnancy and births in the form of cloning, IVFs, surrogacy which demand deep knowledge in genetics while on the other we have customs that go exactly contrary to what genetic experts would advise- to shun marriages amongst close relatives to prevent recessive disorders in the progeny. sisters getting a different surname after marriage does not change their genetic make up! Changing of the surname is just a man made custom and has no scientific basis for considering it "proper" to marry amongst blood relatives with dissimilar surnames!
Even if it was being done in ancient times presumably due to ignorance I wonder what the excuse is for continuing it in this age when there is sufficient knoweldge and evidence for its adverse effects. Could it simply be due to the fact that people find comfort in following the beaten track 😕

Hmmm...so marrying cousins whether mothers side or fathers side would constitute adharm, do I read you right?

Since my uncles and buas sons from my fathers side are my brothers and aunts and uncles sons from my mother's side too are my brothers then yes for me it is adharm I cannot even think any of them in those terms.

But like I said previously it depends from community to community region to region they have their own traditions.
rasyafan thumbnail

Since my uncles and buas sons from my fathers side are my brothers and aunts and uncles sons from my mother's side too are my brothers then yes for me it is adharm I cannot even think any of them in those terms.

But like I said previously it depends from community to community region to region they have their own traditions.

actually there are some relatives whom have married their first cousins. My mother's mama married his maasi's daughter who was his first cousin so it is practically incest they fell in love.

Secondly, my father's tauji's son's neice married my mother's masi's son yani ki my mama ji 😆😆😆 I know confusing
it was an arranged marriage and my father did the arrangement of bringing the two together my father is realted to both of them the boy and the girl. But somehow, after marriage after much calculations we found that the girl's mother in law who is my mother's masi is actually her nani 🤣 and her husbadn is her mama 🤣

Everybody was quite shocked but it was too late to do anything 😆😆😆

evne now we all tease them.

So was it adharm even unknowingly it was a marriage between two people sharing same blood
I don't know what the reason was but she suffered 4 still born incomplete birth of infants. Till today she is without any children.
bunnylovessunny thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
As far as I know, Krishna is related to the Pandavas through Subhadra, and hence they are brothers-in-law. And Dwaraka was ruled by the Yadavas so I doubt they are any way related to the rulers of Hastinapur.
And yes, first cousins who are Hindu do get married even today. Scientifically the relation is deemed to become problematic when they produce a child together but such marriages do happen. I'm from Andhra Pradesh, here first cousins do get married but those who are born from the siblings of the opposite gender. Like Sister's son and Father's daughter or vice versa.
Edited by bunnylovessunny - 10 years ago
Tejy_Kumari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My mom told me that in olden days (not all that old because my grandmother's sister married their first cousin) it was acceptable to marry cousins from mother's side but not father's side. Nowadays its not very common because genetically it is not good to get married to such closely related cousins.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bunnylovessunny

As far as I know, Krishna is related to the Pandavas through Subhadra, and hence they are brothers-in-law. And Dwaraka was ruled by the Yadavas so I doubt they are any way related to the rulers of Hastinapur.

And yes, first cousins who are Hindu do get married even today. Scientifically the relation is deemed to become problematic when they produce a child together but such marriages do happen. I'm from Andhra Pradesh, here first cousins do get married but those who are born from the siblings of the opposite gender. Like Sister's son and Father's daughter or vice versa.

Krishna was related to Pandavas even before Subhadra's marriage to Arjuna. Vasudev, Krishna's father, was the biological brother of Kunti, the Pandavas' mother. Both were the biological children of Shurasena, though later Kunti was adopted by Kuntibhoja.
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Kshatriyas had a law that there ought to be 7 degrees of separation b/w a man and his wife - they couldn't have common ancestors within 7 generations. Did it disappear in Dwapar Yuga?
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: poseidon2

the chromosomes dont differentiate based on bua mama chacha and mausi. all 4 first cousins are at the same level biologically , no matter what anyone says.

The "chromosomes" are obviously evil or ignoramous idiots who havent read the texts to know the important dharmic significance between fathers side and mothers side of family. 😉 The chromosomes are heading for hell no doubt😆 wonder where that leaves the human body that carries them 😆
Edited by peridot. - 10 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail
gotra and all is after all man made and artificial.

Everything is this world is man made but norms are norms to keep society going human made norms and taught everyone to follow those Society is the most important factor in this world without society nothing can be made noone can live

some may claim over here that your maasi is you mother nad chacha is like father thats why marriages between mausere cousins and chachere cousins is not allowed. but children of bua / mama are allowed. all this is only man's perecption.

Obviously, if nothing is wrong in such thing then nothing is wrong in marriage or a sexual relationship between a father and daughter or a mother and son

biologically your bua's child , mama's child , mausi's child and chacha's child are all at the same level. (obviously i am not talking about special cases where your mausi is your chachi also like 2 sisters getting married to 2 brothers , or when your bua is your mami i.e when daughter of 1 family is married into another and the daughter of latter is married into former family. in such cases the cousins are as good as own siblings) This has been taught to us from the begingin ever since a child takes birth but some societies do not believe in this.

however in the normal cases , the chromosomes dont differentiate based on bua mama chacha and mausi. all 4 first cousins are at the same level biologically , no matter what anyone says. True that is why I don't think marriage between people should take place who share same blood.

My replies in red

Our sage taught their decendents why it is imortant to keep the blood pure and why same caste marriages are important and inter caste marriages are frowned upon. Why gotra divided people to maintain the sanctity of a commiunity but I call it a human body. May be they knew that it is importnat to remian disease free and they were far more learned from us today, they knew what can happen and I have firm belief that as belief in Ved declined, belief in dharm also declined and adharm arose but then our sages knew this very well that this will happen.

Bhavishya Puran says it all, the prediction how humans will become greedy, selfish, corrupt, adharm will increase, Homosexualtiy, sex, incestual relationships, one day will come when human will eat humans, canibalism will come on earth and we already hear that this man ate his own child or this owman ate etc Psychological disorders would persist. I have not read bhavishya Puran but I read something like that that sages have already predicted what is happening today back then. One of the prediction was that women will rule as they are ruling today. How this world would get destroyed. I read that the same way the world was made, it's reverse would happen to destroy it. Like we reverse a movie.
Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago