Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
My God...I logged back in to add some of my words..but what do I see..such beautiful descriptions and every one has added their own bits in and EVERYTHING makes so beautiful sense too...
Excellent replies yaar...πŸ€—
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Omg, you think he is taking revenge or something?πŸ˜²πŸ˜† Well, i din even bother analyzing the flashback cos i thought he was just reminiscing his past with Jodha in AjmerπŸ˜† On that note, i love the way Jalal calls her Mariam-uz-zamani..It sounds awesome for some reasonπŸ˜†

NOT AT ALL dearie..he was definitely NOT taking revenge...look at the picture..he looks like a forlorn lover and a serious thinker...
I was wondering if that reflection was as a Shehenshah or as a husband...since he seemed to reflect on the praja waali baat first and then on their ameri moments and then talked about ehsaas...wonder what was the connection of all this in 1 scene...πŸ€”

lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: lghosh

It was not about simply changing his stand after re-evaluating and comparing the value of the gift here. Jalal is the Shahensha and in every good or serious moment you will always see his chief queen next to him. That was the custom. Ruqaiya would have sat with him if Jalal didn't realize how meaningful Jodha's gift was.

Being a shahensha he had to be true to himself and then only he can be true to his subjects and the throne which symbolizes justice, honesty, power and truth. And if he can't be true to the throne then he is not fit to be a Shahensha who is supposed to be 'one and all' for his people. He had to be honest there and I am so happy that he rectified himself, that is the sign of a just and righteous Emperor.

If it was a competition yes...if someone had asked him yes... but, this was just gifts being given by his wives...why the proclamation at all..none had asked the Shehenshah to announce the best gift...then, would he have pitted Rahim's paintings and HB's taveez too...why the Jo-Ruqs comparison alone...

I didn't like that bit myself... He could have praised Jodha's gift more than Ruqaiyyas' - even asked her to take the seat next to him...but, he need not have said 'I'd mentioned that I liked Ruqaiyya's gift more a while ago, but the reality now is not that...I like Jodha's gift more'
It sounded very childish and also totally unnecessary...
Ruqaiyya is competitive as it is..Jalal need not keep adding ghee to the fire πŸ˜† he's going to land himself in trouble later on...

RagSia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thinkin bout status of his relation wid begum Jo!
N so he passed Tohfe milte rahe dua! He wanted to let her know he wants her saath! Likes it, praises it n respects it!
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ginco

Okay,

i too am confused , he voice over said tht uss din aapne hamare soye hue ehsaah ko jagay diya ...

which ehsaas is he referring to in the first place ? and if it is the strong attraction for jodha , how can he call it the friendship the next morning ...

Plus , i think soya hua ehsaas line is so connected with love , so why a complete U turn with ruqu next morning and calling jodha a friend ?

Sun , lashy and rest , pls help me understand this one ?

Kashi

Hey...you can have a strong 'ehsaas' for friendship- ehsaas literally translates as 'sensation, feeling and emotion' right?😳 Why can't friends have that...

I do agree that right now his feelings are bordering between friendship and love though...I don't think he's totally in love (as some have stated)...because, if not - he'd be missing her and yearning for her even when she's not around... his heart is still not dhak dhak for her yet...he is not at that stage yet...he likes her company and goes out to seek her whenever the chance comes...so, its somewhere between friendship and love this stage that he is in!
😳
and with her expressions today, I think she's at the same juncture too...warna she wouldn't blush at the Mohabbat line that HB had said and at the 'hamesha saath' that Jalal told her..😳
Edited by lashy - 10 years ago
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lashy

If it was a competition yes...if someone had asked him yes... but, this was just gifts being given by his wives...why the proclamation at all..none had asked the Shehenshah to announce the best gift...then, would he have pitted Rahim's paintings and HB's taveez too...why the Jo-Ruqs comparison alone...

I didn't like that bit myself... He could have praised Jodha's gift more than Ruqaiyyas' - even asked her to take the seat next to him...but, he need not have said 'I'd mentioned that I liked Ruqaiyya's gift more a while ago, but the reality now is not that...I like Jodha's gift more'
It sounded very childish and also totally unnecessary...
Ruqaiyya is competitive as it is..Jalal need not keep adding ghee to the fire πŸ˜† he's going to land himself in trouble later on...

Do you think it would have been justified to just call Jodha and Jalal asking her to sit next to him when he before had declared Ruqaiya's gift was the best so far? He had to justify himself if not the gifts why he is asking Jodha or in fact honoring her to sit next to him! Every one in the court would have raised their eye brows if he had not explained himself. Yes no body questions the Shahensha but this is also a fact that Shahensha has to preside the rules and formalities for others to follow, to lay down the customs and manners of the social norms.

I thought he did justice to himself and the throne by rectifying himself. Ruqaiya will be burning in her own fury irrespective of whether Jalal adds fuel to the fire or not, she is shown that way. She can't accept any other begum to be given more importance than her, she has to be the begum-e-khaas in every possible juncture and now that the status quo is changing she is not happy! Well too bad, that is life. It is history and nothing can be changed. She has to come to terms with this change and if not she will be left sulking or scheming or plotting. Will wait and watch what the CV's has in store for her.

The gist of today's episode was Jalal's HONESTY in every thing he did or said or acted. Be it with himself, with the throne, with Jodha and lastly with Ruqaiya! Splendid!
Edited by lghosh - 10 years ago
oye Lashy! thanks for opening a thread on this topic. I too had the very same question when i saw this scene. The flashbacks and his serious expressions didn't get along... i thought it was a last minute change in screen play.
Anyways, thanks to everyone's replies i was able to look at the scene beyond what was shown. ...indeed AkDha have come a long way from their 1st encounter.

Looking at the current track CVs are going to make Rukku and Jodhu competitors which will only make Rukku even more bitter!

Tonight's episode was good minus the D-E-K declaration of the best gift ...gift is a gift no matter how small or big in value or size...πŸ€” didn't Ja say something similar to Ru when she was laughing at Jo's golden spoon gift on her baby showers!

chak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dheere Dheere pyar ko badana hain...Is Jalal ki moments ne Aashique 1 ki songs yaad dila di...Just superb expressions from Rajat...Awesome...whatever is the thoughts which was goingon in his mind but the truth in his eyes was seen whn he entered Jodha's room
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@lashy, if I may be so impertinent, gustakhi maaf and all that...

I've only just dived into the shehenshah's world last week and am thoroughly entertained by the show, the forum and your posts.

Now about this cap of his moment of reflection. I think Jalal is a lot more than just a man realising some new found feelings for Jodha. He always seems to be someone who brings his whole personality to bear in even the smallest moments. To me, he is a student of human psychology. It's what makes him a great king. He learns from everything and everyone. So, here he may have been thinking how Jodha has shown him that despite his great successes, he has still much to learn. A never ending quest to reach some unknown destination. It's a bittersweet moment maybe. Because what does a man who has everything need? Apart from love that is. He needs some new challenges. A fresh perspective. He is after all a spiritual man, who understands that there is much more to life than meets the eye.

Bit jumbled I know ^ . Jalal does that to people. πŸ˜†

paddy.
itsRitzi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
i think he is reflecting on his journey with jo n how she has tyrned into a frnd